Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    softprr

Looking for a referral for Lasik surgery around the Santa Rosa area.

I am looking for people who have had Lasik eye surgery and are happy with their results. I am considering the procedure but don't know where to start looking.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mariposaa

Re: Looking for a referral for Lasik surgery around the Santa Rosa area.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by softprr: View Post
    I am looking for people who have had Lasik eye surgery and are happy with their results. I am considering the procedure but don't know where to start looking.
    I am looking too. I see distance fine but close up I feel half blind. Need to have glasses everywhere, and am getting real tired of it!! LOOKING for any info on the subject of Lasik surgery for close up vision!

3. TopTop #3
    Glia

Re: Looking for a referral for Lasik surgery around the Santa Rosa area.

My referral is: do not do it. It removes corneal tissue and if something goes wrong -- which it all too often does -- there is no fix.

In addition to visual problems as a result of this surgery, there can be other unpleasant effects such as dry eyes. Look in the eye drop section of a drugstore and you will find artificial tear drops specifically for post-Lasik dry eye. To me, that is a giant red flag.

Your vision will also change as you get older (a process known as "presbyopia" and yes, it comes from the same root word as "presbyterian"); chances are good that you will need glasses or contacts to correct these changes. Why take the risk and waste the money on surgical vision correction?

If you do not want to wear glasses, consider bifocal contact lenses. This technology has been around for a while and should be reasonably stable.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by softprr: View Post

4. Gratitude expressed by: