Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Look at deteriorating changes in pet food ingredients with changes in manufacturers.

If you're feeding your pet a food that you started years ago because you were convinced by the marketing it was a healthy choice, you may be shocked to find that over the years, with companies being sold, ingredients have changed, and not for the better. Innova is one in particular. I started my cat on that brand, thinking it was a good one. See the history of ingredient changes with this one.

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/a-wayb...k-at-pet-food/
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-07-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Look at deteriorating changes in pet food ingredients with changes in manufacturers.

Actually I track my pet's dietary results through a few out-puts. Number One is, his feces. Are they firm but not dry, and expelled regularly? 2, does he itch or show other signs of allergies that might be caused by food ingredients? 3) Is his energy level and behaviors consistent with his breed, age and personality? 4) are their dietary factors his vet has raised in terms of his overall health?

I'm pleased to say that so far, my pet food of choice gets a perfect score.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    If you're feeding your pet a food that you started years ago because you were convinced by the marketing it was a healthy choice, you may be shocked to find that over the years, with companies being sold, ingredients have changed, and not for the better. Innova is one in particular. I started my cat on that brand, thinking it was a good one. See the history of ingredient changes with this one.

https://truthaboutpetfood.com/a-wayb...k-at-pet-food/

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Re: Look at deteriorating changes in pet food ingredients with changes in manufacturers.

It seems that you're way ahead of the "pack", with a watchful eye. Would you mind answering a few questions? Does your vet regularly ask about his diet? Also, could you share what food you're giving that's contributing to a perfect score? Is your pet a cat or dog? How old is your pet? Have you been feeding this food the entire time, or have you changed food? If so, from what did you change? And why? Has he ever had any health challenges?

I'm into sharing information in order to empower other pet guardians, so your answers would be very helpful to the community. Thanks!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    Actually I track my pet's dietary results through a few out-puts....
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-08-2015 at 12:17 PM.