Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    podfish

Texas - yet again manning the bulwarks of our national defense (Jade Helm)

suspicious, because this comes from NPR...
    Texas Governor Deploys State Guard To Stave Off Obama Takeover

Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott ordered the Texas State Guard to monitor a joint U.S. Special Forces training taking place in Texas, prompting outrage from some in his own party.
    Eric Gay/AP
    It seems there is concern among some folks that this so-called training maneuver is just a cover story. What's really going on? President Obama is about to use Special Forces to put Texas under martial law.

.... Abbott decided he had to take action. He announced that he was going to ask the Texas State Guard to monitor Operation Jade Helm from start to finish. "It is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property rights and civil liberties will not be infringed upon," Abbott said.
    The idea that the Yankee military can't be trusted down here has a long and rich history in Texas.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Scott McKeown

Quote It seems there is concern among some folks that this so-called training maneuver is just a cover story. What's really going on? President Obama is about to use Special Forces to put Texas under martial law.
    Quote I wondered about why it wasn't in "general community", but maybe it will be, once they're actually in our community. Hope it won't be too late to be forewarned.
    Quote Concerns about Jade Helm are exploding all over the internet ... reports include a concern over the rounding up of the "red group" of so-called dissidents or those who question government actions, ... some are questioning the closing of Walmarts and citing possible connections to Jade Helm, ... there are reports pointing to the drill possibly going live and ushering in martial law ...
    Okay, time to get pro-active about this Jade Helm thing.

So here is my letter I’m sending:
    Dear Jade Helm Military Overlords,

It has come to the attention of many of us that during this coming summer, while using your little “operation” as a cover, you will be putting much of the country under martial law and rounding up a lot of dissidents. Presumably all these dissidents will be put into some form of detention camps. (By the way, your cover trick of closing Walmart stores for dissident detention centers up has been blown, in case you haven’t noticed.)

As a long-time activist with no doubt some file somewhere on me documenting my opposition to most of the American military campaigns in various other countries throughout my lifetime, I fully expect to be one of those dissidents you will be rounding up. So I would like to take this opportunity now to ask you for a few favors in advance, to save both you and me some time later and so you can be better prepared.

First, can you please try to make sure that the detention camps offer organic and gluten-free food options? Also, non-GMO would be nice, but I wouldn’t really expect that. A lot of people around where I live have a lot of food allergies, and so to save yourself headaches later, be sure to plan on having vegan and other food options available as well. I’m really trying to help you here. Otherwise, you are going to have a lot of grumpy people on your hands.

And please God, don’t give us fluoridated water. Do you know what that stuff does?

Will we be able to have movie nights? If so, I want to be sure to pack some good movie DVDs. And if it’s not too much to ask, can you have someone maybe email or text me and let me know a little bit in advance when I will be rounded up? It would really be helpful. You know how much it sucks when you don’t have enough time to pack and end up forgetting hair conditioner or something.

I’m sure you’re really busy planning your big operation, so I’ll let you go.

Sincerely,

Scott McKeown

Last edited by Barry; 05-05-2015 at 11:57 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Jon Stewart addresses Jade Helm (click to play)

Also note there is another thread on Wacco about Jade helm here.

6. TopTop #4
    phredo

Re: Texas - yet again manning the bulwarks of our national defense (Jade Helm)

Jon Stewart's lots of fun but one can't help noticing that he never criticizes the national security state or Democrat liberal policy. It would be even more fun if Jade Helm were it in his neighborhood so that he could report on it directly. Why should Texans have all the fun?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Jon Stewart addresses Jade Helm (click to play)

Also note there is another thread on Wacco about Jade helm here.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by phredo: View Post
    Jon Stewart's lots of fun but one can't help noticing that he never criticizes the national security state or Democrat liberal policy. It would be even more fun if Jade Helm were it in his neighborhood so that he could report on it directly. Why should Texans have all the fun?
    oh, I don't think that's the case at all. He could be more concerned about privacy issues than he is, but he mirrors most of the country in that. And he doesn't shy away from targets just because they're liberal - but he obviously doesn't see 'Democratic liberal policy' as inherently funny. He finds Republican/conservative policies inherently funny because he thinks they're inherently stupid but he seems to think mainstream liberalism is the rational norm.

What I've noticed is that he's completely on board with the military, especially the people in the service but even extending to the militaristic policies of the country. That's a huge contrast with what I grew up with. For real culture shock, take a look at Laugh-in or the Smothers Brothers' take on national issues - especially the military. Kids these days have no idea.
    (added..)ok, that's stretching it - he makes it clear that he strongly opposes going to war. But as far as enforcing the American way world-wide, he seems pretty cool with that.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #6
    phredo

I don't understand how your comment contradicts what I said. Perhaps some difference in emphasis.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    oh, I don't think that's the case at all...
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-06-2015 at 12:14 PM.

11. TopTop #7
    arthunter

I love humor and I appreciate anyone who posts it, so thank you Barry …

That being said, I have been amazed at the fearful reaction across the country to Jade Helm, and we're not talking conspiracy theorists here …

I think that one's feelings about Jade Helm have a lot to do with one's experiences in the country lately … constitutional lawyer John Whitehead is on the front lines … daily he defends people who feel that their constitutional rights have been violated … perhaps that's why he wrote this …

"The problem arises when you start to add Jade Helm onto the list of other troubling developments that have taken place over the past 30 years or more: the expansion of the military industrial complex and its influence in Washington DC, the rampant surveillance, the corporate-funded elections and revolving door between lobbyists and elected officials, the militarized police, the loss of our freedoms, the injustice of the courts, the privatized prisons, the school lockdowns, the roadside strip searches, the military drills on domestic soil, the fusion centers and the simultaneous fusing of every branch of law enforcement (federal, state and local), the stockpiling of ammunition by various government agencies, the active shooter drills that are indistinguishable from actual crises, the economy flirting with near collapse, etc."

Presidential candidate Rand Paul has also questioned Jade Helm … perhaps this is why ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ganGFBeuE8

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8
    Scott McKeown

Quote "The problem arises when you start to add Jade Helm onto the list of other troubling developments that have taken place over the past 30 years or more: the expansion of the military industrial complex and its influence in Washington DC, the rampant surveillance, the corporate-funded elections and revolving door between lobbyists and elected officials, the militarized police, the loss of our freedoms, the injustice of the courts, the privatized prisons, the school lockdowns, the roadside strip searches, the military drills on domestic soil, the fusion centers and the simultaneous fusing of every branch of law enforcement (federal, state and local), the stockpiling of ammunition by various government agencies, the active shooter drills that are indistinguishable from actual crises, the economy flirting with near collapse, etc."
    I agree with this posting. While I may have attempted some humor at pulling the pants down on the over-the-top fear hysteria about imminent martial law, I do think that the Jade Helm exercise, as presented, is an obscene display of hyper-militarization that is not worthy of an evolved society in the 21st Century. I mean, do we really need this?

And also, let's not take things, or ourselves, too seriously.

Scott
    Last edited by thedaughter; 05-06-2015 at 12:15 PM.

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #9
    Scott McKeown

A political cartoon apt for this thread:

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #10
    CSummer

I'd find it more amusing if it weren't such a classic example of the kind of derisive humor that's used to discredit those who protest or hold non-party line views.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Scott McKeown: View Post
    A political cartoon apt for this thread:

Last edited by CSummer; 05-14-2015 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Missed typo due to late hour

18. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: