Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Supreme Court Says "No license Necessary to Drive on Public Highways"

I just came across this, while doing some searches on LinkedIn for a friend. I had heard about this 30 years ago from a friend who was involved in the rebellion against income taxes. Just wondering if anyone else knows about this. I didn't read it, since I have a deadline to continue my research.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/us-su...E_ARTICLE_POST
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Supreme Court Says "No license Necessary to Drive on Public Highways"

I was doing a search on "When you can't afford a "fix it" ticket", and came across a reference to a new book, entitled "Driver's License" by Meredith Castile (Jan 2015). There was a page or two from the book that highlighted the severe problems encountered by the poor who drive by necessity, in spite of the unavoidable escalation of fines, created from one fix it ticket they can't afford to fix, and how it creates a desperate criminal status for them. It's exactly what's happening to a friend of mine. I wasn't able to copy and paste that revealing section from the book, but I wanted to share this information, and how this piece affects our basic right to vote.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    I just came across this, while doing some searches on LinkedIn for a friend. I had heard about this 30 years ago from a friend who was involved in the rebellion against income taxes. Just wondering if anyone else knows about this. I didn't read it, since I have a deadline to continue my research.

4. TopTop #3
    sharingwisdom

I found this interesting because the DMV makes it known that driving is a privilege that the state gives you and not a constitutional right, and this is tied to voting registration lists and jury duty somehow.

5. TopTop #4
    Shandi

30 years ago when I lived in Hawaii, I met a young man who collected vital information about our constitutional rights, and we were constantly sharing various pieces of information. This was in the 80's, before the ease of sharing that we have now with the Net. So, we shared copies of things that most people were unaware of.

We had both attended a free seminar by a local accountant, who had previously been an IRS agent. He had the Tax Code book marked off in sections, and showed us how to "interpret" the "rules". He said there was actually no law about having to pay taxes, that it was actually based on "voluntary compliance". He also showed us how language is used to manipulate people in to believing and fearing certain things.

That was the beginning of our ongoing "empowerment friendship", and the only person I've ever shared that kind of relationship with. He worked from home, so he had a lot more time to research controversial issues, than I did. He uncovered some information about not needing driver's licenses, and documents to protect oneself legally, if ticketed by the police.

I've lost contact with him, but he has friends in Sebastopol, and visited me several years ago. I've tried to look him up online, without success, so he may have left the stage, or has gone underground. I miss that connection, and it's one reason I value you so much.

In doing research for my impoverished friend who got a ticket for a "frayed" seatbelt, I discovered the information from the recent book, "Driver's License" about how the poor who can't afford to fix things, but drive to work at a menial job, will have fines that escalate dramatically, and may result in their imprisonment, making them a criminal for being poor.

There's a lot that I didn't read, since I don't have the book, but I was able to see enough to know that this has some valuable information about this "privilege" bestowed on us to legally drive.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sharingwisdom: View Post
    I found this interesting because the DMV makes it known that driving is a privilege that the state gives you and not a constitutional right, and this is tied to voting registration lists and jury duty somehow.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    sharingwisdom

I had a co-teacher who was into the sovereign movement back in the 90's. I learned so much from her about the tax system, about off shore tax numbers and more. I have had acquaintances who went sovereign as well. There are many legal cases that have been won, and people didn't have to pay the IRS.

I followed Joe Bannister, who use to work for the IRS, reading his articles along with many others in the movement. I learned that we pay part of our taxes to the Queen of England from the 1779 debt on the American Revolution. I have many pages of links around this whole sovereign subject.

Yes, the income tax amendment didn't really get ratified in 1913 but somehow got written into the books. The whole fiduciary or fractional reserve banking system is a fraud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYzX3YZoMrs And I pay my taxes because I don't want to run my life in court...have to choice carefully in how to navigate life when I have something important to bring forth to humanity.

I have a copy of the documentary that Aaron Russo did, the academy award winning producer, called 'America: From Freedom to Fascism', and covers the financial system and so much more. It's online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ayb02bwp0 Very long, but I thought it was so well done and quite expansive on his interviews even with the head of the IRS at the time. Russo died soon after...more than likely given cancer...the gov't has these technologies.

BTY, they actually have debtor prisons in this country so I can totally get what you said around the frayed seatbelt story.

...We had both attended a free seminar by a local accountant, who had previously been an IRS agent. He had the Tax Code book marked off in sections, and showed us how to "interpret" the "rules". He said there was actually no law about having to pay taxes, that it was actually based on "voluntary compliance". He also showed us how language is used to manipulate people in to believing and fearing certain things...
    Last edited by thedaughter; 04-27-2015 at 01:53 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by: