Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    CSummer

Immunologist says that several vaccines do nothing to protect public

Correcting some misconceptions about several common vaccines:

An Open Letter to Legislators Currently Considering Vaccine Legislation from Tetyana Obukhanych, PhD in Immunology Link to original.

Dear Legislator:
    My name is Tetyana Obukhanych. I hold a PhD in Immunology. I am writing this letter in the hope that it will correct several common misperceptions about vaccines in order to help you formulate a fair and balanced understanding that is supported by accepted vaccine theory and new scientific findings.

Do unvaccinated children pose a higher threat to the public than the vaccinated?

It is often stated that those who choose not to vaccinate their children for reasons of conscience endanger the rest of the public, and this is the rationale behind most of the legislation to end vaccine exemptions currently being considered by federal and state legislators country-wide. You should be aware that the nature of protection afforded by many modern vaccines – and that includes most of the vaccines recommended by the CDC for children – is not consistent with such a statement. I have outlined below the recommended vaccines that cannot prevent transmission of disease either because they are not designed to prevent the transmission of infection (rather, they are intended to prevent disease symptoms), or because they are for non-communicable diseases. People who have not received the vaccines mentioned below pose no higher threat to the general public than those who have, implying that discrimination against non-immunized children in a public school setting may not be warranted.
    -----------------------------
    Click here to read further: more info specific to the various vaccines and why they don't protect the public.

Last edited by thedaughter; 04-19-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: Immunologist says that several vaccines do nothing to protect public

...And how many immunologists make this assertion? One? Two? Three? Etc?

The vast majority of medical professionals endorse vaccines.

This is too much like the Global Warming "debate;" well over 90% of scientists around the world (not just in the US) know that manmade Climate Change is a reality.

You are paying attention to the fringe loonies and paid shills, the Dr. Frankensteins.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by CSummer: View Post
    Last edited by thedaughter; 04-19-2015 at 01:19 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    rossmen

conflating tech policy controversy's is gross simplification of complex subjects. and people divide in diverse ways. while the scientific method has admirable qualities of objectivity and reproducibility, the practice and application are influenced by many other factors. long ago when i was studying science (soil), at cal it was incredibly depressing, because historically the knowledge grows deeper, while the application has been bigger and bigger mistakes. scientists are the can openers for pandora's box....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    ...And how many immunologists make this assertion? One? Two? Three? Etc? The vast majority of medical professionals endorse vaccines. This is too much like the Global Warming "debate;" well over 90% of scientists around the world (not just in the US) know that manmade Climate Change is a reality. You are paying attention to the fringe loonies and paid shills, the Dr. Frankensteins.
    Last edited by thedaughter; 04-20-2015 at 01:56 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

So you hate science and progress? Should we all go back to living in caves and using sticks? No more computers, coffee, or cars, Ross!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    conflating tech policy controversy's is gross simplification of complex subjects....
    Last edited by thedaughter; 04-20-2015 at 01:57 PM.

7. TopTop #5
    arthunter

Edward,

Labeling anyone who questions vaccine safety as a "fringe loony" or a "paid shill" just shuts down this important debate, and it's not true ... I will not even respond to your Climate Change assertion because I have already done so in another thread. These are important subjects and we should be able to discuss them without being insulted ...

Here is a list of Doctors and Scientists who question vaccines ... since these professionals face risks for discussing their opinions, I'm sure that it is only a partial list ...

https://www.greatergoodmovie.org/new...bout-vaccines/

...And how many immunologists make this assertion? One? Two? Three? Etc? The vast majority of medical professionals endorse vaccines....

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #6
    Valley Oak

Doctors to Parents: Get Your Child Vaccinated, Or Get Out

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Edward,

Labeling anyone who questions vaccine safety as a "fringe loony" or a "paid shill" just shuts down this important debate, and it's not true ... I will not even respond to your Climate Change assertion because I have already done so in another thread. These are important subjects and we should be able to discuss them without being insulted ...

Here is a list of Doctors and Scientists who question vaccines ... since these professionals face risks for discussing their opinions, I'm sure that it is only a partial list ...

https://www.greatergoodmovie.org/new...bout-vaccines/

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #7
    rossmen

just pointing out that progress is not always positive. cars for example, mostly bad in my experience. yet i put up with them, even own and drive them. i keep hoping we will evolve past this incredibly destructive and dangerous mode of transportation. science i love, mathematics even more, computers show promise but so far have been deeply disappointing. caves and sticks totally cool and i prefer life under a tree. coffee, eh.

So you hate science and progress? Should we all go back to living in caves and using sticks? No more computers, coffee, or cars, Ross!

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #8
    arthunter

as long as there are headlines like this, people will rebel ....

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brain-dama...sation-1438572

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #9
    CSummer

Strikes me as an enormously sad and tragic example of what happens when people follow the recommendations of authority figures who fail to reveal the whole truth - or deliberately mislead the public. It's rather mind-boggling to contemplate the untold suffering that has resulted from such bad information. May we continue the quest for a truth-based society!

CSummer

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    as long as there are headlines like this, people will rebel ....

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/brain-dama...sation-1438572

16. Gratitude expressed by: