Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Old news? Some doctors refusing to treat unvaccinated children

There are several sources for this information, some date back to 2010 or before, but I imagine there are more doctors now refusing to accept unvaccinated patients, and are actually "firing" those they've been treating.

If you have unvaccinated children, you may need to find a new pediatrician. But then if it gets mandated, you may be on your own unless you can find a "criminal" pediatrician, or turn to natural remedies. I think emergencies wouldn't be turned away by hospitals.

One source:www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/meet-the-doctors-who-are-rejecting-unvaccinated-patients#.tynlxdnbm

It's also on www.NaturalNews, but many people don't trust this site.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    beshiva

Re: Old news? Some doctors refusing to treat unvaccinated children

what parent would want such a myopic Doctor? Personally, i would steer clear of any doctor who refused treatment because that is probably not the only area they have strong opinions about...and would not consider dialog with parents who feel they are proactive with their family's healthcare...I don't believe any legislation regarding vaccinations will not have some opt-out clause? There would be an uproar..lawsuits will fly, or simply, parents could just lie, if they were backed into a corner.
    peace
    marni

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    There are several sources for this information, some date back to 2010 or before, but I imagine there are more doctors now refusing to accept unvaccinated patients, and are actually "firing" those they've been treating.

If you have unvaccinated children, you may need to find a new pediatrician. But then if it gets mandated, you may be on your own unless you can find a "criminal" pediatrician, or turn to natural remedies. I think emergencies wouldn't be turned away by hospitals.

One source:www.buzzfeed.com/azeenghorayshi/meet-the-doctors-who-are-rejecting-unvaccinated-patients#.tynlxdnbm

It's also on www.NaturalNews, but many people don't trust this site.

4. TopTop #3
    ChefJayTay

Take a look at the other view point here...
    You're a doctor. You believe in vaccines. You have a patient who comes to you (non-emergency), and refuses to follow your recommendations (which they are paying you for). Why do you want that patient?

Edit: grammar

5. TopTop #4
    Shandi

I belong to Kaiser, and my primary doctors have recommended flu and pneumonia vaccines and colonoscopies, but I refuse. They have also recommended anti-depressents, which I did take for awhile during a difficult situation. I began to feel worse, so the medication was changed. Then my hair started to fall out, which I told my doctor about. I told her that it was related to the drugs. She replied "It's just your age." ( I've always had a lot of hair, and it grew back in once I got off the drugs.)

Just because someone is your doctor or your veterinarian doesn't mean you have to blindly follow what they suggest. Actually it might be a good idea to interview these professionals before signing up for their care. Find out if your values are in alignment. If they're not, it might be wise to keep searching.

By the way, I just did that with a veterinarian, after realizing some "difficult truths" from my extensive research, and experiencing some of it first hand.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ChefJayTay: View Post
    Take a look at the other view point here...
    You're a doctor. You believe in vaccines. You have a patient who comes to you (non-emergency), and refuses to follow your recommendations (which they are paying you for). Why do you want that patient?

Edit: grammar

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Regarding doctors requiring their patients to be vaccinated, I believe I heard piece on NPR that talked about this and it was about doctors getting threatened from their vaccinated patients that they don't want to be exposed to their un-vaccinated patients, or they would leave their practice.

8. TopTop #6
    Shandi

Seems like that would be a valid complaint from other "un-vaccinated" patients, but if they were vaccinated, wouldn't they be protected? I read that this was coming from parents of babies too young to be vaccinated, but again I've seen babies vaccinated for some things, but there's probably a time line for different ones.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Regarding doctors requiring their patients to be vaccinated, I believe I heard piece on NPR that talked about this and it was about doctors getting threatened from their vaccinated patients that they don't want to be exposed to their un-vaccinated patients, or they would leave their practice.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #7
    Glia

Excellent point about medical practitioners being caught in the middle (again) if vaccination for children is made made mandatory.

In my opinion and experience, pediatricians are essentially over-trained whores, and their trade association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, is a thinly-veiled whorehouse.

If you have children, do not take them to pediatricians. Find a good family doctor or doctor of naturalpathy (ND) instead. NDs are now licensed in California and several other states. There are several of them in Sonoma County.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    ... If you have unvaccinated children, you may need to find a new pediatrician...

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: