Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Barbaric practice of "declawing" cats is High Profit for vets at Banfield/PetSmart

www.declawhallofshame.com

PLEASE BOYCOTT CORPORATE PIMPS:

Banfield Pet Hopitals &
    PetSmart Stores
    Banfield, which has over 550 vet clinics across the US, promotes declawing by including declaw surgery as a benefit in its Optimum Wellness Plan for kittens. Banfield operates clinics in 60% of PetSmart stores. Since PetSmart has a 31% equity interest in Medical Mangement International, the corporation that owns Banfield, PetSmart profits from everything that Banfield does.
    Please let PetSmart ([email protected]) and Banfield ([email protected]) know that you disapprove their support of kitten declawing by allowing Banfield to promote it in their stores. If PetSmart realizes that Banfield's decision will reflect poorly on them, PetSmart may persuade Banfield to eliminate this barbaric practice from their Wellness Plan.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barbara

Re: Barbaric practice of "declawing" cats is High Profit for vets at Banfield/PetSmart

Thank you so much for making us aware of this cruel and indeed, barbaric practice. I had no idea such things were being promoted. I will not shop again at Petsmart until I hear this has stopped.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Shandi

Re: Barbaric practice of "declawing" cats is High Profit for vets at Banfield/PetSmart

Barbara,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt response. Sending a message to PetSmart would be helpful. I'm really hoping to get this message out, so if possible, please share with those you know who are pet owners. I'm in the process of finding out which vets do this procedure here in Sonoma County. I want to create a list, similar to the one on
    www.DeClawHallofShame.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barbara: View Post
    Thank you so much for making us aware of this cruel and indeed, barbaric practice. I had no idea such things were being promoted. I will not shop again at Petsmart until I hear this has stopped.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    juna

How about a petition to let the general public know of this barbaric practice promotion?

You could create one here: https://www.change.org/

I will sign it.

8. TopTop #5
    Shandi

Thank you! This is a good idea. I'll work on it this weekend.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by juna: View Post
    How about a petition to let the general public know of this barbaric practice promotion?

You could create one here: https://www.change.org/

I will sign it.

9. TopTop #6
    Ann Bee

Petsmart also owns some on line pet supply stores now: Pet360, OnlyNaturalPet and PetFoodDirect. I used to shop at those stores but stopped after the takeover.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: