Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jennifer Novascone

Anyone Have an EMF Meter to Test a Transformer Next to a Office I'm Renting?

Hello,

Does anyone own, operate and decipher readings of an EMF meter? What will it cost to have a reading performed?

I rent a business loft that's 20 feet away from a power pole transformer. I would like to have the immediate vicinity next to the transformer tested by PG & E. However, since I rent, this will require that the owner's consent to the meter reading. I'd ask them, but I really don't want to make waves and bother them with such a request. Plus, I'd rather keep the inquiry private, rather than public with PG & E.

If testing the EMF field is as simple as using an EMF meter, (I supposed the more sophisticated, the better), then I will at least has the knowledge of what the reading will tell me... and understand the risks associated.

I'd rent a meter myself, but I don't know how to use one.

Thank you!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    diaba

Re: Anyone Have an EMF Meter to Test a Transformer Next to a Office I'm Renting?

I have a trifeld meter model 100XE that you can borrow if you want to drive to pick it up and drop back off in santa rosa.It has a little instruction guide to help you use it. Or i think you can get one on amazon for around $125 or so. Also, someone around here specializes in mitigating emfs i think his name is something like michael neuwirth? He could test for you and suggest solutions to reduce your exposure. I think he also rents emf meters.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: