Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Neuroimaging Of Brain Shows Who Spoke To A Person And What Was Said

The fascinating world of brain science ... there are some amazing things going on in this world .. let's hope that it's used for the good of mankind only ...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1110071240.htm
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Ronaldo

Re: Neuroimaging Of Brain Shows Who Spoke To A Person And What Was Said

Sounds like the scientists are a long way from recognizing words and sentences, but I like the research. Now we won't have to be concerned about using inhumane interrogation techniques like water boarding. I can't wait for the "home model" so I can empirically prove to my wife that she did indeed utter the words which I recalled and she denied!

It will also end the terrorist threat to aircraft, it will be a simple matter to incorporate the brain scanner into the existing body scanner at airports now.

I don't remember the issue but an early Batman or Superman comic has a pretty good rendering of a brain scanner that can be used by industrial designers so the machine will have a good appearance.

The police of course will have the first models and eventually they will find their way into the courtrooms, thank God. There will no longer be any need for those pesky witnesses or even swearing in!

See Superman and 'The Mind Machine" from MCMLI:
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xwskfw_superman-1x08-the-mind-machine_shortfilms

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    The fascinating world of brain science ... there are some amazing things going on in this world .. let's hope that it's used for the good of mankind only ...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1110071240.htm
    Last edited by Barry; 01-31-2015 at 03:46 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Thad

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ronaldo: View Post
    I can't wait for the "home model" so I can empirically prove to my wife that she did indeed utter the words which I recalled and she denied!

This sounds like a good app to have, but till then how about an argument app with voice time signatures so you can argue and your phones record it all and you would be able to search back and bring up exactly what was said, and when, and be able to fork it to relevancy's, it would be so great never to have to repeat yourself again.
    maybe it would be called
    verbatim truth

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Ronaldo

Now your talking! How about the app that reads your own mind so you'll know what you actually prefer and really want. Perhaps even discover your heart's secret desire! (Valentine's Day is just around the corner.)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    This sounds like a good app to have, but ...
    Last edited by Barry; 02-01-2015 at 01:15 PM.

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: