Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Amazing technology

The Cicret Bracelet

Amazing – More technology – it’s mind-boggling.
    -- (But not for sale yet!)

Forget everything you think technology can do. This goes way beyond all that!!
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/9J7GpVQCfms
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

Nan
  3. TopTop #2
    wisewomn

Re: Amazing technology

With all due respect, Sara S., but...

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Call me a Luddite, but this is just another in a long line of electronic leashes to keep people from having direct contact with each other or living in the "real" world. One more example of how our technology has outstripped our consciousness.

We still haven't even sorted out what effect all those emf's have on our bodies/brains....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sara S: View Post
    The Cicret Bracelet

Amazing – More technology – it’s mind-boggling.
    -- (But not for sale yet!)

Forget everything you think technology can do. This goes way beyond all that!!
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/9J7GpVQCfms

4. Gratitude expressed by:

Nan
  5. TopTop #3
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

So don't use them..........I also read somewhere that when you look at a bunch of people, all with their faces to their screens, most of them are, in fact, communicating with someone. Before the advent of these communication devices, most would have been reading or staring into space.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post

Oh, for Pete's sake!

Call me a Luddite, but this is just another in a long line of electronic leashes to keep people from having direct contact with each other or living in the "real" world. One more example of how our technology has outstripped our consciousness.

We still haven't even sorted out what effect all those emf's have on our bodies/brains....
    Last edited by Barry; 01-14-2015 at 03:19 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

7. TopTop #4
    wisewomn

Lol.

"reading or staring into space"...Or walking down the street, taking in the sights, or talking to a person next to them in line.

Right.

When you're breathlessly telling your forearm what you just ordered at Starbucks, Sara, try to remember there's an entire world going on around you.

So don't use them..........I also read somewhere that when you look at a bunch of people, all with their faces to their screens, most of them are, in fact, communicating with someone. Before the advent of these communication devices, most would have been reading or staring into space.

8. TopTop #5
    Thad

Direct contact doesn't necessarily mean loveliness and as to the real world you can have it, but I must say that Google god has been much more helpful to me than any of the others.

Oh, for Pete's sake!

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #6
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Actually, I'm more Luddite than not simply because I'm not ready or very able to learn new tech stuff at my age; I have an emergency cell phone that I barely know how to use.

And I'm sorry I wasn't more clear about my reference; the writer was spefically taking about people on Bart (or something like it).

Lol.

"reading or staring into space"...Or walking down the street, taking in the sights, or talking to a person next to them in line.

Right.

When you're breathlessly telling your forearm what you just ordered at Starbucks, Sara, try to remember there's an entire world going on around you.

11. TopTop #7
    fafner

wisewomn wrote:
    Lol.

Right.

I know Sara, and she is anything but unaware of the life going on around her. I think she was simply sharing the fact there was a new technology. I didn't feel she was advocating the use of anything.

Actually, I'm more Luddite than not simply because I'm not ready or very able to learn new tech stuff at my age; I have an emergency cell phone that I barely know how to use.

And I'm sorry I wasn't more clear about my reference; the writer was spefically taking about people on Bart (or something like it).

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #8
    podfish

I know this is an old thread, but:
    https://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/cicret.asp

"too good to be true" comes to mind, except that the 'good' part is debatable.

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: