Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Shandi

Update on my cat MItzy...

The most recent scare I had was that she didn't urinate for 30 hours! I was ready to take her to a vet, but couldn't get an appointment that day. So, I had to wait and see.

She continued her behavior of longer than usual sleeping, but was still eating a variety of high quality canned food, and a little raw ground beef.

I've been giving her 2 products from www.VitalityScience.com (Easy Go and Uro-Cleanse for about a week, and more recently oat bran, and Lactulose stool softener.

I've been noting everything on the calendar: what she eats/how much, any elimination/what, when & how much, along with any additions to her food.

So yesterday, I was excited to see that she'd eliminated normally 2 days in a row! And, she was acting her normal self: playing, jumping, stretching, and cuddling. I feel relieved, but will continue to add the products to her food. I'm backing off on the Lactulose, and hoping the oat bran works as well. I want to see her normal behavior for awhile.

I returned the big bag of Royal Canin Hi Response dry food to the vet yesterday, and told them I wasn't going to give it to her.

I got 2 wonderful used books from Amazon that I highly recommend: The Natural Cat~The Comprehensive Guide to Optimal Care, and The Veterinarians' Guide to Natural Remedies for Cats.
    If your cat has health issues, please do some research before taking them to the vet. I'm really glad I did!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    arthunter

Re: Update on my cat MItzy...

Dry food seems to cause many problems for our feline friends ... when I was responsible for feeding a lot of the feral and abandoned cats in Sebastopol, I had no choice but to use it, but I was sure to supplement it with lots of fresh water and wet cat food ( which they preferred ) ... my neighbor is an expert and will gladly dispense advice should you need more information ... I'm happy to hear that your cat is doing better ...
    Last edited by Barry; 01-02-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: