Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Rogue

Feeling Hopeless. Need to be Involved.

Hello People,
    I have not been dealing well lately with my anger towards the people who are running this world; those who are abusing all the creatures and the earth itself. And as a US citizen I feel particularly angry at our government. And, I believe, these feelings are aggravated by the fact that I am (aside from trying to live a humble life) not actively engaged in the solutions. This leads to feeling hopeless.

Is there somebody in the Sebastopol area who is actively involved in eco, social, or political projects who could use some help. I am retired and have time should I be interested in what you are doing.

Let me know.
    Roger 707-304-4319
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Feeling Hopeless. Need to be Involved.

Roger,

Many of us can relate to your feelings of anger and hopelessness. The way out of these feelings is to engage in meaningful solutions, of which there are many. Repressed anger isn't healthy, as I'm sure you know. I'm surprised that no one has publicly replied to your post....maybe because of holiday focus.

I suggest that you seek activity that resonates with your heart. For example, for the last 2 years, I've helped the homeless. This year, since my kitty is a victim of common cat food made with sickening ingredients, I'm on a mission to help educate people about the dangers of feeding dry food to cats, and also trying to increase awareness of how all pet food is made. My research has also uncovered some "difficult truths" about the collusion of vets and pet food manufacturers. It actually works the same as it does with medical doctors and Big Pharma, with profits as the bottom line. I don't know of any vets that aren't involved in this practice. Helpful sites are
    www.CatInfo.org and www.TruthAboutPetFood.com

My most recent discovery is that most pet food contains "dogs and cats" in addition to other horrifying ingredients that are contributing to the illness and death of companion pets. I will continue to post my findings in the "pet" category on WaccoBB, as a way to share these "difficult truths".

There are so many causes to choose from, depending on where your heart leads you. I do hope that some of our members respond publicly, with some local options.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Rogue: View Post
    Hello People,
    I have not been dealing well lately with my anger towards the people who are running this world; those who are abusing all the creatures and the earth itself. And as a US citizen I feel particularly angry at our government. And, I believe, these feelings are aggravated by the fact that I am (aside from trying to live a humble life) not actively engaged in the solutions. This leads to feeling hopeless.

Is there somebody in the Sebastopol area who is actively involved in eco, social, or political projects who could use some help. I am retired and have time should I be interested in what you are doing.

Let me know.
    Roger 707-304-4319

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    AllorrahBe

Roger, I suggest you contact the woman who is putting on the Community Cookout from 6-8 pm on January 14, at the Grange. She can probably use some help getting ready for this event and other things she may be involved in. I think her idea is Brilliant (or whoever thought it up). Keep reaching out to people through Wacco and other places and brainstorm about what you really like doing (like cuddling cats, or doing agility training with dogs, or snowboarding or rock climbing or any thing you enjoy) and then look at ads for those activities, go on YouTube and search... I'm sure you will be led to many places that can really use your help in a way that resonates with you and your ideals and ideas. I pray you Peace and Favor on your path, Roger!
    Rev. BE

Let me know.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-30-2014 at 02:40 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    AllorrahBe

Roger, I suggest you contact the woman who is putting on the Community Cookout from 6-8 pm on January 14, at the Grange (there's a listing on here somewhere). She can probably use some help getting ready for this event and other things she may be involved in. I think her idea is Brilliant (or whoever thought it up).

Keep reaching out to people through Wacco and other places and brainstorm about what you really like doing (like cuddling cats, or doing agility training with dogs, or snowboarding or rock climbing or any thing you enjoy) and then look at ads for those activities, go on YouTube and search... I'm sure you will be led to many places that can really use your help in a way that resonates with you and your ideals and ideas. I pray you Peace and Favor on your path, Roger!
    Rev. BE

Let me know.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-30-2014 at 02:40 PM.