Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jo Spencer

Ear Candling for Ear Wax Removal

I have just done my third session with ear candles over the past two years to treat my tinnitus, and increasing deafness in my right ear. I

now have a one-ounce jar filled with the hardened ear wax I have removed. Yet I just read yet another medical blog on-line stating ear candling is potentially dangerous and has not proven to remove wax. If I had not seen this with my own eyes and had it come from my own ears, I would not believe it. Some of the pieces are as big around as a standard size straw.

It may very well be that the ringing in my ears I have had for 30 years is partially, or completely, caused by hardened wax like stones in my ear canal. If you want advice about how to do it, contact me.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-20-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    AllorrahBe

Re: Ear Candling for Ear Wax Removal

I've never really understood why people did this, but your message gave me the answer to that; thanks for adding to our knowledge of simple things we can do to heal our misfunctions!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jo Spencer: View Post
    I have just done my third session with ear candles over the past two years to treat my tinnitus, and increasing deafness in my right ear. I

now have a one-ounce jar filled with the hardened ear wax I have removed. Yet I just read yet another medical blog on-line stating ear candling is potentially dangerous and has not proven to remove wax. If I had not seen this with my own eyes and had it come from my own ears, I would not believe it. Some of the pieces are as big around as a standard size straw.

It may very well be that the ringing in my ears I have had for 30 years is partially, or completely, caused by hardened wax like stones in my ear canal. If you want advice about how to do it, contact me.

4. TopTop #3
    Sebtown1968

...Except that it is complete bunk science. The hardened "ear wax" is nothing more than the wax that is impregnated in the linen that makes the "Candle." This has been tested numerous times and has always proved to be the case. There is NO vacuum created when the candle is lit. This can be easily tested by lighting the candle and having smoke near the end you would normally place in your ear. None of the smoke will be pulled into the candle, no heat is created at that end to melt or "pull" earwax into the candle.

5. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

6. TopTop #4
    bill shearer

Try irrigating your ear with a bulb syringe filled with warm water, it is safe and effective. Ear candling is not.
    Dodie

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    laho

I have had very positive outcomes with ear candling (sometimes referred to as ear coning). I spun around on a stool a few times which resulted in dizziness for almost a year. I couldn't get rid of the dizziness until I had my ears coned. After a few weeks the dizziness went away.