Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

One candidate worth supporting fully - elizabeth warren

local, state and national politicos almost ALL highly compromised or clearly corrupt, the system so dysfunctional that hopefulness is difficult if not impossible, HERE is a breath of fresh possibility. same as Nader - with whom she forms the ultimate PAIR FOR THE TOP JOBS in the USA.
    still alive and still an american, jude
    ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** ****

Dear MoveOn member,

The results are in—with 81.3% of all votes cast in favor, MoveOn members overwhelmingly agree that it's time we urged Senator Elizabeth Warren to enter the race for president.
    Her life's story and record in public service all point to one truth: Elizabeth Warren is not afraid to stand up to Wall Street banks and powerful corporate interests—she's a fighter for working people and a champion for the middle class. And in this time of historic inequality, we need her vision and her track record in the race for president.
    Watch this video to see why—then, if you're fired up, share it with as many friends as possible and let's keep this movement growing.
    We've heard from tons of MoveOn members who want to see Sen. Warren in the race for president. Like Eric A., from Pennsylvania, they're saying, "Sen. Warren is a true progressive, who can run as the People's Candidate" and, like Brad G. from Texas, that she's "a non-establishment candidate with the charisma to run, win, and change the nation!"
    Now, the work begins—for all of us.
    Check out the video, then share it with as many friends as possible.
    It's not every day that we have a chance to change history—but this could be exactly that kind of moment. Thanks for being part of it, and thanks for all you do.
    –Ilya, Jadzia, Corinne, Justin K., and the rest of the team
    Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Start a monthly donation here or chip in a one-time donation here.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: One candidate worth supporting fully - elizabeth warren

I have signed the petition for Elizabeth Warren to run for president.

This video is compelling. I will vote for Warren in the primaries against Hillary. I will vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination for president in November 2016.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    local, state and national politicos almost ALL highly compromised or clearly corrupt, the system so dysfunctional that hopefulness is difficult if not impossible, HERE is a breath of fresh possibility. same as Nader - with whom she forms the ultimate PAIR FOR THE TOP JOBS in the USA.
    still alive and still an american, jude

Dear MoveOn member,The results are in—with 81.3% of all votes cast in favor, MoveOn members overwhelmingly agree that it's time we urged Senator Elizabeth Warren to enter the race for president.

Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Start a monthly donation here or chip in a one-time donation here.

4. TopTop #3
    Karen the KAT

So somehow, unlike everybody else, she has made it to the top of the DemoRepublicrat party without being owned by the same bankers that own all the other politicians before they even run for office???

You do realize this is a statistical impossibility right?

You do realize her message is just a re-hash of the same pleasant sounding lies Obama told us in 2008 right?

Yo do realize NDAA passed unanimously, meaning including Warren right?

And you would support her after that?

Amazing how easily people are led by marketing that appeals to them...

5. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

Who do you support, Kat? Who do you think would be a good president?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karen the KAT: View Post
    So somehow, unlike everybody else, she has made it to the top of the DemoRepublicrat party without being owned by the same bankers that own all the other politicians before they even run for office???

You do realize this is a statistical impossibility right?

You do realize her message is just a re-hash of the same pleasant sounding lies Obama told us in 2008 right?

Yo do realize NDAA passed unanimously, meaning including Warren right?

And you would support her after that?

Amazing how easily people are led by marketing that appeals to them...

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Karen the KAT

Of the DemoRepublicrat party, the only ones I could support would be Dennis Kuchinich or Ron Paul. They are the only two people to speak out against the Fed and doing so eventually cost them their office. I like Dennis better on social issues and I like Ron better on fiscal issues, put them on the same ticket and together you would have a good executive office regardless of which was first and which was second as they highly respected each other.

But as we all saw, they both were aggressively marginalized by their peers and the media for the speaking out against the ruling bankers regardless of the large grass-roots support they enjoyed. They were both misaligned, misquoted, misrepresented and otherwise all-out attacked 24/7 until they gave up.

You have heard me say this before so I'm saying it for the benefit of others who may read this: Now we have not a single member of Congress who thinks there might be something wrong with a private bank issuing our currency and selling it to us as interest bearing debt which we collateralize with Income tax. Nobody sees any problem with the fact that a 2014 dollar is worth less than a 1913 penny solely because of this system of national fractional banking which cannot ever produce anything for us but more debt. Nobody cares that this system is only tenable as long as the majority of the rest of the World agrees the ever inflating US dollar is the currency with which all international transactions should be based on. Nor are they concerned that when it does crash it will simply be replaced by the same people with another form of fiat currency. They are not concerned by the fact that of the only 6 people who own and control the 2,000 largest, and over 90% total, of all American media companies, 4 of them are board members of this same private bank that controls the economy and thus determines the value of your labor. They are definitely not worried about the continual loss of your freedom because they have all voted FOR these losses.

Thus the question is not really who I think would make a good President until we change the existing system and that is not going to happen as long as we all keep voting for one of two carefully selected puppets and I'm not talking just about the Presidency but the members of the House and the Senate as well. My choice is ANY third party candidate.

You can even pick them for me. Hey, if you want to run I'll vote for you. What matters is that enough of us who know better vote for third party candidates so that the more mainstream voters begin to view third party candidates as being legitimate and worth their vote as well. Of course the bankers will try to buy them out as well but IF we had four major parties then we would have a system that is a lot harder to game and it becomes much more obvious when they attempt to do so.

At that point who I voted for would be as important as who I don't vote for.

On the other hand, maybe Hillary is the answer, I'm thinking Hillary as President might piss off the Right enough they would finally revolt and reset the whole damned system because we are still much closer to that than most people think we are. If Texas goes they will take the military with them and the whole thing will be over in the blink of an eye. That might not be a happy thing for those on the far Left from a social context, but it would benefit everybody as far as the big picture is concerned. I would trade the small gains in social freedom for the larger gains in economic and political freedom knowing that those social freedoms are more based on the people that I live next to than anything else. The nation would quickly sort itself out much as it is now socially but minus the bankers as evil Federal overlords for a generation or two.

Just a thought, LOL!

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #6
    Karl Frederick

Continuing the dialogue about Elizabeth Warren, I like the following Huffington Post article about her speech condemning big bank power on the senate floor last Friday. Click through to the article and watch/listen to the 10-minute speech. I am no fan of the Republican or the Democrat party; Warren seems willing to take on the power structure in her own party.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles...b_6319142.html

. . . and, I do take seriously your caution about Warren, since she came to national prominence through the efforts of one of the two major parties. Let's continue to watch closely and see if she delivers for the people, rather than entrenched powers.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karen the KAT: View Post
    Of the DemoRepublicrat party, the only ones I could support would be Dennis Kuchinich or Ron Paul. They are the only two people to speak out against the Fed and doing so eventually cost them their office.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #7
    sharingwisdom

Though I like some of what Warren says (and FYI she is not running as she has said it over and over), she, like most of the congress people must sign a form in support of Israel and its policies. It was former Georgia rep, Cynthia McKenna, who was basically ousted for exposing this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeVBa4lSscw And it was Warren who made a speech basically saying that it was ok in what was happening in Gaza in support of Israel. https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...ike-netanyahu/

I don't vote parties. I vote who is awake enough to be transparent in what is really happening and that means that I sometimes don't vote for candidates or issues except local. When an oligarchy is running the show, and the votes are manipulated by black box gimmicks and hundreds of thousands of dollars spent by corporations (which the limits have been raised recently), social media now seems more effective in making changes, not the government.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Karl Frederick: View Post
    Continuing the dialogue about Elizabeth Warren, I like the following Huffington Post article about her speech condemning big bank power on the senate floor last Friday. Click through to the article and watch/listen to the 10-minute speech. I am no fan of the Republican or the Democrat party; Warren seems willing to take on the power structure in her own party.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/miles...b_6319142.html

. . . and, I do take seriously your caution about Warren, since she came to national prominence through the efforts of one of the two major parties. Let's continue to watch closely and see if she delivers for the people, rather than entrenched powers.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #8
    Karen the KAT

I'm a Sephardic Jew and I totally agree, the Zionistas are out of control and have been for the last 100 years. I implore everybody to research the Ashkenazim, they are not real Hebrews, not by genetics, history, language, ancestry, DNA, religion or any other context. They are the most racist people on Earth, though it's not actually racism, but simply a hate for everybody else: "If you ain't Jewish, you're just a Goyim"...

Google: "Ashkenazi DNA genetic research" and start reading the various site, and a clear picture will emerge.

Once you start researching them, everything one "knows" begins to fall apart. The problem is people instinctively think "Anti-Semite", which is really silly because they are much more Hamatic in origins and most Caucasians are themselves more Semetic from a genetic perspective. What's even sillier is these terms are based on the story of Noah...

Warren is herself an Ashkenazi attorney as are most of our government, and as such she will never actually go against Israel or the Federal Reserve.

Certainly not all Ashkenazim think like this, but the vast majority do. It is what it is and "it ain't pretty", that's for certain.

Now I've opened a big can of worms no doubt...

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #9
    Karl Frederick

Following up my own last Waccobb post, and voicing concerns about the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement being negotiated in secret (except for leaks), here is an article from today's Huffington Post . . .

"Elizabeth Warren: Obama Trade Deal Could Undermine Wall Street Reform
    WASHINGTON -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Wednesday warned that a major trade deal being negotiated by the Obama administration could hamstring Wall Street reform efforts.Warren raised the issue in a letter to U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman, which was also signed by Sens. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) and Ed Markey (D-Mass.). The correspondence highlighted a broadening rift between President Barack Obama and the progressive wing of the Democratic Party over economic policy, less than a week after Warren and Obama squared off over a budget deal that provided government subsidies for risky derivatives trading.
    "We are concerned that the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) could make it harder for Congress and regulatory agencies to prevent future financial crises," the letter reads. "With millions of families still struggling to recover from the last financial crisis and the Great Recession that followed, we cannot afford a trade deal that undermines the government's ability to protect the American economy."

The full article : https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_6350312.html

Continuing the dialogue about Elizabeth Warren, I like the following Huffington Post article about her speech condemning big bank power on the senate floor last Friday. . . . . Let's continue to watch closely and see if she delivers for the people, rather than entrenched powers.

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #10
    Jude Iam

Re: One candidate worth supporting fully - elizabeth warren. YEP.

This - seems to me - is where it does take courage, and is not sham posturing. This is consistent calling out of huge sell-outs of the country, and the world's peoples; this is TRUTH, and is not being heard elsewhere, in congress or the media, other than good ol KPFA.
    THIS TOO, is where support is really needed, so that Warren and the others know that there are some awake people in the country who have their backs and appreciate what they're doing.

jude

Following up my own last Waccobb post, and voicing concerns about the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade agreement being negotiated in secret (except for leaks), here is an article from today's Huffington Post . . .

"Elizabeth Warren: Obama Trade Deal Could Undermine Wall Street Reform

The full article : https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_6350312.html
    Last edited by Barry; 12-19-2014 at 04:18 PM.

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #11
    Jude Iam

Re: One candidate worth supporting fully - elizabeth warren - IOWA comes out for Warren

Dear MoveOn member,

On Wednesday night, more than 100 Iowans gathered in a Des Moines coffeehouse to jump-start the Run Warren Run campaign.

They came to show that Iowa—home of the nation's first presidential caucus—is calling for a contested Democratic presidential primary, and for a champion of working- and middle-class families—Elizabeth Warren—to enter the race. The energy was electric all night in a standing-room-only crowd of supporters sporting "Run Warren Run" shirts.

Washington Post analyst Chris Cillizza recently noted, "It's uniquely possible that the populist/'draft Warren' movement ... forces the senator to reconsider her past denials of interest in the race. And if Warren runs, it's a totally different race."1
    Cillizza's right. There's a real path for our campaign to be successful—and on Wednesday night in Iowa, we saw proof that this can work. Take a quick look at how it all came together—and get a feel for the memorable kickoff Iowans hosted:

Iowa State college student Meredith Cook spoke of working two jobs and 45 hours a week to pay for school, while carrying a 12% interest rate on her student loan—and how Elizabeth Warren fights for her. A young entrepreneur from Iowa City reminded us that Elizabeth Warren stands up for small business owners like her by fighting against special tax breaks and loopholes for the biggest corporations. And Iowa's State Senate President Pam Jochum called Senator Warren "brilliant" and "courageous" while encouraging her to enter the race.

Then, after a series of rousing speeches, attendees broke into working groups to start strategizing—for many of them, less than an hour after first meeting each other. In Iowa and New Hampshire, we're getting ready to hire staff and open offices to support the volunteers who are ready for action.

None of it went unnoticed. Reporters from The Des Moines Register, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, the Associated Press, The New York Times, local TV, MSNBC, and more covered the kickoff—some live-tweeting throughout the night.2

Our friends at Ready for Warren had a noticeable presence, and before it was all said and done, our allies at Democracy for America had announced an overwhelming vote by their members to join the Run Warren Run movement, and pledged $250,000 to the effort.

Wednesday night provided just the sort of energizing launch that a winning campaign needs. Click here to take a look back at the kickoff—and then let's get ready for kickoffs in other early primary states and beyond.

Thanks for all you do.
    –Mark, Alejandro, Kristin, Ilya, and the rest of the team

Sources:
    1. "Amid Warren buzz, Clinton might do well not to wait too long to announce 2016 bid," The Washington Post, December 14, 2014
    https://www.moveon.org/r/?r=302054&i...91-CwxumDx&t=1

2. "This is Elizabeth Warren's time, activists tell Iowans," The Des Moines Register, December 17, 2014
    https://www.moveon.org/r?r=302056&id...91-CwxumDx&t=2

"Iowa Liberals Try to Will Elizabeth Warren Into 2016," The Wall Street Journal, December 18, 2014
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-WB-51632

"Effort to draft Warren into '16 race lands in Iowa," The Associated Press, December 17, 2014
    https://www.moveon.org/r?r=302057&id...91-CwxumDx&t=3

"Warren Can Win," The New York Times, December 15, 2014
    https://www.moveon.org/r?r=302038&id...91-CwxumDx&t=4
    Last edited by Barry; 12-20-2014 at 02:50 PM.

20. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

21. TopTop #12
    Valley Oak

Re: One candidate worth supporting fully - elizabeth warren - IOWA comes out for Warren

If Warren were to win the Iowa Caucus, that would be historic! And it would be outstanding news because then we would have an alternative to Hillary, there would be competition--a choice, and some debate over the real issues, the issues that are most important to our country, our people, and our communities.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-20-2014 at 02:50 PM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: