Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    tommy

Whole Foods takes over Box Office Video

Evidently, from the sign, Whole Foods is taking over the store that was once Box Office video. And here I was hoping for a replacement store that sold hand made candles, dream catchers, and magic potions.

Name:  image1.jpeg
Views: 1130
Size:  94.3 KB
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    BreathOfFreshAir

Re: Whole Foods takes over Box Office Video

And I was hoping for Community Market, Andys or any one of our other LOCAL grocery stores to replace Whole Foods - According to the Go Local people, every dollar spend at Whole Foods (a non-local corporate chain store) 13% of your money is recirculated back into our community while shopping at Community Market or other local grocers 52% of your dollar is recirculated. I say we should be communicating with our local grocers, telling them what we need in order for them to gain our devoted business and keep the power in our community.

Check out the statistics:
    https://ilsr.org/independent-busines...nomic-benefit/

From
    https://www.staylocal.org/facts/why
    4. KEEPING DOLLARS IN THE LOCAL ECONOMY

Your dollars spent in locally-owned businesses have three times the impact on your community as dollars spent at national chains. When shopping locally, you simultaneously create jobs, fund more city services through sales tax, invest in neighborhood improvement and promote community development.

https://patch.com/illinois/lagrange/...re-study-shows

The results of their 2004 study, which took place in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago, showed that for every dollar spent at a small local business, 32 cents leaves the local economy. But, when you spend that same dollar at a chain store, 57 cents leaves; that's more than 50 percent of the dollar that ceases to impact the area in which it was spent. (If you took Economics 101, this problem may have been referred to as leakage.)
    Another interesting factoid is this: According to the same study by Civic Economics, the local economic impact is $179 for every square foot occupied by an independent local business. A chain store's local impact is $105 per square foot. That means locally owned and operated businesses have greater ties to their communities so they positively affect economic growth, employment and income to a greater degree.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tommy: View Post
    Evidently, from the sign, Whole Foods is taking over the store that was once Box Office video. And here I was hoping for a replacement store that sold hand made candles, dream catchers, and magic potions.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-14-2014 at 12:07 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    newclay

Re: Whole Foods takes over Box Office Video

Uggg... me too...
    Last edited by Barry; 12-19-2014 at 04:05 PM.