Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Ray Tuley

need rooftop cargo carrier, and hi density foam

Hello, My girlfriend and I are a middle aged couple who are homeless through no choice of our own. She recently had both hips replaced, and is waiting for a procedure on her back to alleviate a pinched nerve. We have just been forced into her van to live, and space is at a premium. Since her comfort is most important to me, I am asking for the following: If anyone has a rooftop cargo carrier, such as a Thule, or Yakima, that they could let go of to help make this ladies life a little easier, that would be awesome. Also, a piece of firm, (maybe 4-8 inches thick) memory foam, measuring 50 inches by 76 inches for sleeping on, would make her life considerably better. If you have something of this nature that you would part with, it would be greatly appreciated. I can do light handyman duties, and/or computer repair in exchange. Thanks for looking.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    AllorrahBe

Re: need rooftop cargo carrier, and hi density foam

Ray, you and your beloved are in the right place at the right time with the right people in the right community who care enough to do their very best to help you! I do not have any of the items you have requested but I do have a feather mattress topper that is luxuriously soft and warm and wonderful to bundle up in... Queen size, so you can both use it! It will make my Thanksgiving if you will accept it to add comfort and warmth to your new home. If you have other needs, I feel certain you will find all the help you need here in Sonoma County. Many Blessings on your path.
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ray Tuley: View Post
    Hello, My girlfriend and I are a middle aged couple who are homeless through no choice of our own. ... Also, a piece of firm, (maybe 4-8 inches thick) memory foam, measuring 50 inches by 76 inches for sleeping on, would make her life considerably better. ...

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    mrsmoose1478

Hi,
    My husband and I have exactly both of the items you are looking for. I will speak with him Monday to see if he's willing to let go of either or both of these. Please feel free to call me or Doc at 707-887-1751.

May your lives be blessed with comfort and ease from this day forth.

Blessings,
    Sarah Knapp

6. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

7. TopTop #4
    AllorrahBe

Please feel free to call when possible so you can get the feather pad. (707) 634-6262. I will have lots of information for you when you call, about other resources here in Sebastopol.

I believe you two will have a powerful experience here; I pray it will be an awesome and amazing time in your lives.

Please let us know what other things you might find handy.

I'm just wondering if someone doesn't have a garage or shed or barn where Ray can get his vehicle out of the weather and where they might feel more safe and secure?

Many Blessings to you now and always,
    Rev. BE

8. TopTop #5
    mrsmoose1478

Dear Ray and Shawn,
    I'm so glad we could provide you with both of these items. It made our day to see you receive such simple items that will make your daily survival more possible. It was lovely to meet you both, and thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to share.
    Blessings,
    Sarah & Doc Knapp

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Ray Tuley: View Post
    Hello, My girlfriend and I are a middle aged couple who are homeless through no choice of our own. She recently had both hips replaced, and is waiting for a procedure on her back to alleviate a pinched nerve. We have just been forced into her van to live, and space is at a premium. Since her comfort is most important to me, I am asking for the following: If anyone has a rooftop cargo carrier, such as a Thule, or Yakima, that they could let go of to help make this ladies life a little easier, that would be awesome. Also, a piece of firm, (maybe 4-8 inches thick) memory foam, measuring 50 inches by 76 inches for sleeping on, would make her life considerably better. If you have something of this nature that you would part with, it would be greatly appreciated. I can do light handyman duties, and/or computer repair in exchange. Thanks for looking.

9. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: