Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jennifer Novascone

Beautiful STRAY Cat is in DISTRESS at Adoption Center

Hello everyone,

Marble, the stray "owl-eyed" Tortie needs your help. She is showing signs of depression while waiting to be adopted at the Sonoma Humane Society's, "Healdsburg Location".

However, Marble was the furthest thing from depressed while she stayed with me for the ten days I had her at my home. PLEASE ignore the shelter photos of her and SEE THE ADDITIONAL ATTACHED IMAGES THAT I TOOK IN MY HOME AND YOU'LL SEE SHES' FAR FROM SHY. In fact, she was calm, happy, incredibly smart, soulful, and easy on the house; a true lap cat. I'm saddened to learn she is sliding into seclusion, but I know this can be a common phenomenon when cats are relocated. So I have hope for her. BTW: THIS IS NOT ANY FAULT OF THE HUMANE SOCIETY. They do an incredible job over there. I love the shelter off of Highway 12.

"Marble" is the nickname I gave to her when I found her six weeks ago. I kept her for ten days while I attempted to locate her humans, but to no avail.

Fast forward, I sponsored Marble at the Humane Society off of Highway 12, since I could not adopt another pet of my own. I have visited her every week. Last week I learned she had been transferred to the Humane Society Healdsburg location, as she was showing signs of depression from having difficulty adapting to the shelter environment by secluding and hiding herself. This move was a better option for her to adjust, but now she is back into a cage and no longer in the cat room.

She needs someone to help her along. She is among other cats like her who are at risk for developing depression and seclusion at the shelter. I don't want her to appear un-adoptable due to her inclination to hide.

If you're looking to adopt a cat, please have a visit with Marble and spend a good amount of time with her in one of the adoption rooms. Give her a chance, as she may be shy from the shelter shock, but she is quite the opposite at an "in home" environment. Obviously, she's an indoor-outdoor girl, but indoor is probably her true desire.

https://sonomahumane.org/adopt/cats/

Marble

• Domestic Medium Hair
    • Spayed/Neutered

Marble a soulful genius. She likes to look into your eyes, is sweetly mellow, and is a true lap cat and desk warmer while working at your computer. She can take "short-paw" for all of your dictation needs. Look closely and Marble looks like an OWL. It's like having a cat AND an owl in one. Bliss! Primary Color: Calico Weight: 10.62 Age: 5yrs 1mths 1wks Animal has been Spayed
    Adult, Female, Large
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    forveterans49

Re: Beautiful STRAY Cat is in DISTRESS at Adoption Center

Oh! I sure hope Marble finds a wonderful home. All animals deserve a good home. Some good person has to have a place to take her in...a farm, etc. I have a stray cat that someone mistreated and she doesn't like other cats.

3. TopTop #3
    Dr Pam

Marble was adopted on November 16.

Dr Pam
    Last edited by Barry; 11-19-2014 at 02:39 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #4
    Jennifer Novascone

Thank you Dr. Pam!

Yes. Marble was adopted. I will take down this post in a few days.

Meow!
    Last edited by Barry; 11-19-2014 at 02:39 PM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Dr Pam

I found out Marble was adopted because I volunteer for PurebredsPlus Cat Rescue. When I saw your post I alerted my group. We were investigating taking Marble into our foster care if she was not eligible for adoption at the Humane Society.

We are looking for good foster homes throughout Northern California for rescued cats and kittens until they find their furrever home.

Dr Pam

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #6
    forveterans49

How Wonderful!!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dr Pam: View Post
    Marble was adopted on November 16.

Dr Pam

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #7
    AllorrahBe

Good Job! Thank you for your care and concern for our felines!
    Rev. BE

Quote Posted in reply to the post by forveterans49: View Post
    How Wonderful!!

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8
    AllorrahBe

Humane Society also has their Fospice program where older or ill cats need to be fostered for as long as they live. I got a sweet little kitten as a fospice cat and she has been fine, altho born with a birth defect. Humane Society provides everything for her and will take her back when I pass away or move to assisted living or whatever. And no adoption fee! Might not be a free lunch, but I got a free kitten! There are sometimes gorgeous older cats who just need their pills daily but have some good years left. These cats are not adoptable so they will live in cages until someone fosters them! Thanks to you for all you do to help!
    Rev. BE

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: