Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Investigative Reporter

Congratulations to Powers & Colthrust as Well as Glass, Gurney and Slayter

Jonathan Greenberg's Concession Statement:

I congratulate the three incumbents on winning re-election. I applaud their dedication and commitment to our wonderful city. I feel as though our community was the winner in this election, because public awareness has been expanded on important issues, such as transparency in budgeting, what active role the City should play in helping Palm Drive hospital reopen, and whether or not Sebastopol will purchase electric vehicles and budget bike lanes.

I want to thank the 36% of the 2,354 Sebastopol citizens whose votes have been counted thus far . Their independent support contradicted a last minute smear mailer sent by a Committee established by Helen Shane, and Craig Litwin, and opposition from every member of our City's political establishment.

Far more important to me than our City Council race was the election of a new Palm Drive District Health Board majority, in Dr. Richard Powers and Dennis Colthurst, that is committed to reopening a hospital with an emergency room. The hospital closing, and the City Council's willingness to respond to it, was the issue that inspired me to run. And this is the issue that my campaign, and Progressive Sebastopol, the local grassroots group that I founded, focused most of our energy on. I want to thank our volunteers for their courage and hard work, donors for their generous support, and voters for their confidence in my candidacy, and the Progressive Sebastopol Voter Guide.

I am proud to have played a part in what I think has been a populist uprising to elect representatives committed to reopening our hospital, despite the endorsement of Jim Horn by all five of the City Council Members, as well as many self-proclaimed political leaders in Sebastopol.

The hospital reopening effort still has a long way to go, but the largest stumbling block to its success was removed by West County voters this evening.

This is good news for West County, and Sebastopol.
    Last edited by Peacetown Jonathan; 11-07-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 11 members:

3. TopTop #2
    farmerdan

Re: Congratulations to Powers & Colthrust as Well as Glass, Gurney and Slayter

Jonathan,

Good to see you congratulating your opponents.
    I also congratulate them and Dr. Powers and Dennis Colthurst.
    It would be good to see Mr. Horn and council members congratulating Dr. Powers and Dennis as well.

It is time now for the city council to get engaged in the most important issue they currently face: the restoration of 200 high paying local jobs and access to emergency services for our community. The chief of police and the fire chief have both made clear their need for an emergency room and acute care, now that the silliness of the election is over, the council and mayor can provide leadership as well.

Ray Hino, Sonoma West Medical Center's CEO is available for them to meet with and begin strategizing the city's role in reopening our hospital. My hope is that they will take the opportunity to learn about the plan to reopen and get engaged.

Farmer Dan aka the Zombie from the Black Laguna

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    authenticeye

Re: Congratulations to Powers & Colthrust as Well as Glass, Gurney and Slayter

Congratulations to you Jonathan for being willing to step courageously into the election for the numbers demonstrated that your voice and insightful suggestions were a welcome addition to the ballot.

May the waters now carry the ripples generated from this election forward with change, and may the city council members carry their established synergy forward with new zeal.

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members: