Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    John Eder
    Former Seb City Council Member

“Progressive Sebastopol” Lies

A “mystery flyer” (attached) produced by the even more mysterious “Campaign to Elect Richard Powers” and “Campaign to Elect Dennis Colthurst” has appeared, reportedly being distributed by Larry Hendricks, an ex-firefighter closely aligned with the Powers/Colthurst campaigns. Neither of these “campaigns” are listed with either the Sonoma County Clerk or the California Secretary of State.

This flier contains a paragraph that reads: “Progressive Sebastopol has said that Jim Horn, their opponent ‘has emerged as the leading opponent of re-opening an emergency room. He has consistently blocked efforts to reopen our hospital.’

These two statements are blatant lies, and cannot be substantiated with fact.

It is time for “Progressive Sebastopol”, Greenberg, Powers and Colthurst to prove their honesty.

I challenge any of them to provide one verifiable example where Jim Horn has, in writing, verbally or by his actions, made a tangible act or gesture that opposed the reopening of the emergency room or a tangible act or gesture that blocked efforts to reopen Palm Drive hospital. Specific documented acts or written/recorded statements, with dates and sources are required for verification.

A tangible act or gesture does not consist of asking questions, seeking clarification, uncovering conflicts of interest or requesting additional information. As a former member of the public, that was his right. As a current member of the Palm Drive Health Care District Board of Directors, this is his duty. It also does not consist of failing to be a silent, obedient puppet.

The reopening of the emergency room specifically or Palm Drive Hospital in general must have been harmed, blocked, opposed, delayed or prevented in a tangible manner by Mr. Horn’s words or actions to qualify, as that is what is being alleged.

Any takers, Gentlemen?
    Last edited by Barry; 10-27-2014 at 04:16 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    JimHorn

Re: “Progressive Sebastopol” Lies

No takers?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by John Eder: View Post
    A “mystery flyer” (attached) produced by the even more mysterious “Campaign to Elect Richard Powers” and “Campaign to Elect Dennis Colthurst” has appeared, reportedly being distributed by Larry Hendricks, an ex-firefighter closely aligned with the Powers/Colthurst campaigns. Neither of these “campaigns” are listed with either the Sonoma County Clerk or the California Secretary of State.

This flier contains a paragraph that reads: “Progressive Sebastopol has said that Jim Horn, their opponent ‘has emerged as the leading opponent of re-opening an emergency room. He has consistently blocked efforts to reopen our hospital.’

These two statements are blatant lies, and cannot be substantiated with fact.

It is time for “Progressive Sebastopol”, Greenberg, Powers and Colthurst to prove their honesty.

I challenge any of them to provide one verifiable example where Jim Horn has, in writing, verbally or by his actions, made a tangible act or gesture that opposed the reopening of the emergency room or a tangible act or gesture that blocked efforts to reopen Palm Drive hospital. Specific documented acts or written/recorded statements, with dates and sources are required for verification....

Last edited by Barry; 10-27-2014 at 04:17 PM.

4. TopTop #3
    John Eder

From a flyer:

I challenge any of them to provide one verifiable example where Jim Horn has, in writing, verbally or by his actions, made a tangible act or gesture that opposed the reopening of the emergency room or a tangible act or gesture that blocked efforts to reopen Palm Drive hospital. Specific documented acts or written/recorded statements, with dates and sources are required for verification.
    The silence is deafening.

5. TopTop #4
    Kai Daniel

How about you instead supply me with concrete evidence that Jim Horn has a plan to open an Emergency Room? Saying that he doesn't not support it isn't enough. Neutrality is not a state we want from a potential district board member, he needs to be decisive. Let's hear his plan, intention, what he will do with Palm Drive. As I understand it he wants just an Urgent Care, unable to accept ambulances with stroke and heart attack patients. That sounds like being against to me.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    rossmen

silence often has more meaning than words. if you want to understand progressive sebtowns putdowns of horn get out of your box and use your imagination. its a story biased on action rather than words. the only coalition to shut down the hospital is the board and jim is their man, they went to him for turning away the foundations last ditch effort to keep palm drive alive and then brought him on board.

what i struggle to understand is why anyone who wants the hospital to reopen would vote for horn. imagination and risk taking are necessary attributes to enliven the palm drive corpse and not generally engineers forte. i live just north of town and have been to palm drive many times. the best hospital i have ever experienced. i'm glad it's closed. vote for horn and then hopefully we can have a vote to dissolve the district and move on.

...The silence is deafening.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #6
    John Eder

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kai Daniel: View Post
    How about you instead supply me with concrete evidence that Jim Horn has a plan to open an Emergency Room? Saying that he doesn't not support it isn't enough. Neutrality is not a state we want from a potential district board member, he needs to be decisive. Let's hear his plan, intention, what he will do with Palm Drive. As I understand it he wants just an Urgent Care, unable to accept ambulances with stroke and heart attack patients. That sounds like being against to me.
    Sorry, Kai- you fail the challenge. I simply asked for conclusive substantiation of the lies told about Jim Horn by "Progressive Sebastopol", on behalf of Powers and Colthurst.

In response, you engage in "deflection":

de·flec·tion

noun \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\

1.) the act of changing or causing something to change direction

2.) a turning aside or off course

Sounds like a classic move out of the JG "playbook." You have been trained well.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #7
    rossmen

i would characterize kai's response to your challenge as a positive counter challenge rather than a deflection. we're writing about an election, not a court case. prog towns characterization of horns actions is arguably accurate, as well as provocative. if horn really wants the vote of people desiring the hospital brought back from the dead, laying out a reasonably doable plan would go a long way. instead he takes shots at the only option on the table and touts his expertise. perhaps he does know there is no pathway to revivification?

Sorry, Kai- you fail the challenge. I simply asked for conclusive substantiation of the lies told about Jim Horn by "Progressive Sebastopol", on behalf of Powers and Colthurst...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 10-29-2014 at 01:03 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #8
    Investigative Reporter

The Inconvenient Truth: Jm Horn Is the Leading Opponent to Reopening an Emergency Room

Horn and Eder’s objection to the inconvenient and important election-time truth that Progressive Source expressed about Horn seems rooted in the fact that Horn, like every person running for public office states that he, too, would like to “Open Our Hospital.”

But the evidence of Jim Horn’s many other words, and actions in this matter, speak a lot more clearly than this hollow statement. Electing Jim Horn’s will provide a continuation of a three person majority that history has demonstrated will torpedo any Foundation plan that is presented as “financially unviable.”

I am convinced that if Jim Horn is elected, the impressive plan by dozens of doctors, health experts, business leaders, and community volunteers that has emerged from six months of hard work will be voted down by the Palm District Board. Why?

Jim Horn’s deliberate and misleading inflation of the hospital’s losses serve one purpose: to undermine public confidence in the potential financial viability of the Foundation plan, and to provide political cover for Horn’s inevitable vote—should voters elect him-- to kill the community’s only prospect of reopening an emergency room at Palm Drive.

My longer post which contains quotes from Horn on this subject can be found here:

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...943#post184943

Sorry, Kai- you fail the challenge. I simply asked for conclusive substantiation of the lies told about Jim Horn by "Progressive Sebastopol", on behalf of Powers and Colthurst.

In response, you engage in "deflection":

de·flec·tion

noun \di-ˈflek-shən, dē-\

1.) the act of changing or causing something to change direction

2.) a turning aside or off course

Sounds like a classic move out of the JG "playbook." You have been trained well.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-02-2014 at 11:38 AM.

14. TopTop #9
    dave1021

Re: The Inconvenient Truth: Jm Horn Is the Leading Opponent to Reopening an Emergency Room

Just wanted to say that my doctor, when asked his opinion, urged me to vote for Powers and Colhurst and believed that if Jim Horn were elected, he'd be a major obstacle to reopening Palm Drive Hospital.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 11-03-2014 at 11:32 AM.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: