Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

Well worth a watch! Whaddya think??

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: Potty-Mouthed Princesses Drop F-Bombs for Feminism by FCKH8.com

This was right on!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Sandy2y

Right on girls!! You're on your way to the Oval Office...and it takes a lot of cursing to get there.

Sandy 2y

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    forveterans49

Message is right on and I do believe young girls should know this stuff early. The only thing I am unsure of is 6 yr old girls using F word and talking about rape...do they REALLY understand those words? Do we want them to? I don't know...hope not. Depends on age, I do believe.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #5
    MarilynO

Many years ago I marched against the war and my cohorts were shouting 1,2,3,4 we don't want your fucking war." And one turned to me and asked when I had become such a prude that I wasn't saying "fucking" and that she knew I said that word all the time. I told her that I wanted to communicate with and convince the people on the sidewalk to end the war and I knew I wasn't going to do that by offending them and giving them the impression we were just a bunch of rude, rebellious teenage brats trying to shock their grandmother. She then got very hostile (as unfortunately sometimes Peace activists can do without seeing the irony in it) and said that she was fucking offended by dead Vietnamese babies and what was my fucking problem to worry about offending with the word fuck bla bla bla bla bla bla bla…. All these years later, I hold my ground on this issue. If you want to communicate in a way that is understandable, respected, and possibly powerful, do not be a potty- mouthed and thus degrade your cause.

OF COURSE inequality and violence against women is more offensive that the word FUCK. Point over made and over made and over made in this video. That comparison unfortunately just trivializes and cheapens these very serious issues. To care about women's rights one has to be a pretty, potty mouthed, precocious and obnoxious is much more likely to be the message a mainstream viewer gets from this. I have experienced discrimination and violence against women first-hand and in many ways which I will not publicly describe.

This video offends me. Not because I can't handle the word "FUCK", not because I think being offended by language is more important than being offended by rape etc., but because if it is to reach a larger audience and get them to care about the issues it fails miserably. Don't trivialize the suffering of women by comparing it to being offended by the word FUCK and don't put your audience on the defensive when you want them to listen. I can cuss to match any sailor, but choose not to when trying to make a point I want taken seriously.Thumbing your nose at people doesn't put them on your side. And I take violence against women very very seriously.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 10-27-2014 at 01:07 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

11. TopTop #6
    Timothy Gega

These are some comments from the Parody vid:

jwbaumann
    The original FCKH8 video was not designed to educate or find solutions. It was designed to shock, insult, politicize and divide.

No1important88
    Great video, you're right about all of it, especially using little girls as props and talking most unlady like for shock value to spread lies.

bweazel
    +DanielB So when a 30 year old teacher has sex with a 14 year old boy.... nothing bad is happening there in your opinion... is that what you're saying?

TimGega
    Totally disgusting video just to sell T-shirts.

(Quote):

(1)“Society teaching girls to look pretty” (?) How about the truth that women teach their own daughters to look pretty (to attract a rich husband)?

(2) “Pay Inequality” (?) Mae West was the highest paid actor in 1930. (Why?) Because she knew how to negotiate her own self-worth and work Contracts. In the 1920 and 30s women had these rights then. (They still have them today) although it still looks and sounds like the Dark Ages here.

(3) Google the creator/author of “Wonder Woman” and how she promoted Contraceptive use (back then/1940).

(Today) Abortion seems to be the only form of preventative/contraception that is being promoted/taught to girls. (I would prefer that these two terms be promoted together in the same sentence: “Contraception or Abortion,” (not just “abortion” as the answer to a one-night stand).

(4) My point is: the real problem of these Issues should be pointed directly and squarely at the ones who are to blame for this problem: The Bible, the Pope, the Church, and the Republican Party.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 10-27-2014 at 01:08 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #7
    MarilynO

Addendum: I just came home from a gig with this post on my mind, half expecting someone to have said I was hypocritical for using the F-word throughout my response when my point was being rude alienates people and trivializes one's message. I was prepared to respond that WACCO is NOT mainstream and that I felt I needed to demonstrate my problem was not with the F-Word itself. Then I wondered why I was feeling defensive. Then I realized what I am really feeling is sad. I feel like we are bombarded with cheapness and obscenity by rude people who scream of their constitutional right to freedom of expression, and thereby sorely degrade that right. Meanwhile our right to actually express political opinions is under the microscope and we could be declared terrorists for our ideas. And sometimes it seems nobody cares as long as they can exercise their right to act trashy.

I remember as a rebellious kid I started cussing all the time, thinking I was demonstrating that the words were meaningless. I outgrew that and came to realize every culture has to have boundaries of some sort, however arbitrary they may seem at first glance, or the culture starts to deteriorate as ours is doing. When there are no taboo words then there are no words that serve as a warning that the threshold between words and violence is being crossed.

I am also sad that some men feel attacked when women's rights are mentioned. Brothers, you are not the enemy and never were. Sexism is a dialectic, not a gender. Just as racism is not a race.

Peace be with us all. Some diplomacy and politeness might help bring that on.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-27-2014 at 04:36 PM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #8
    Valley Oak

You can tell right away from the content of the "feedback" that these reactionaries and misogynists are precisely the target for change of this outstanding Public Service Announcement. They disqualify themselves as having any credibility at all because of their self-evident, bigoted dribble.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #9
    Timothy Gega

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    You can tell right away from the content of the "feedback" that these reactionaries and misogynists are precisely the target for change of this outstanding Public Service Announcement. They disqualify themselves as having any credibility at all because of their self-evident, bigoted dribble.
    Edward, There is (a form Discrimination) in hatred from both sides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misandry
    Misandry, a word which appeared in the nineteenth century, is parallel in form to'misogyny'.
    The form "misandrist" was used in The Spectator magazine in April 1871.[3]
    It appeared in Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary (11thed.) in 1952. Translation of the French "Misandrie" to the German"Männer haß" (Hatred of Men)[4] is recorded in 1803.[5] Misandry is formed from the Greek misos (μῖσος, "hatred") and anēr, andros (ἀνήρ,gen. ἀνδρός; "man").[6]

Misandry/mɪˈsændri/, from the Greek misos (μῖσος, "hatred") and anēr, andros(ἀνήρ, gen. ἀνδρός; "man"), is the hatred or dislike of men or boys.[1][2] The form "misandrist" was first used in 1871.

Misandry can take the form of the marginalisation of men, in which they perform the most dangerous occupations and are regarded as being disposable, men having lower life expectancy and higher suicide rates than women. It has been described as damaging to both men and women, preventing mutual respect between the sexes.

Radical feminists have been accused of misandry although other feminists have criticised this, describing it as a "lazy and insidious" culture within the feminist movement. Use of the term has been criticized as an attempt to discredit the feminist movement and has been considered by them to be not comparable to the character and systemic nature of misogyny.

Although the word is relatively modern, there is evidence of implicit, even explicit, misandry in literature from the Ancient Greeks to Shakespeare and modern literature, such as The Vagina Monologues and even comic book heroes.

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #10
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Here's the original video, this time un-censored (sorry about posting the censored one!)

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: