Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31

Re: Glass, Gurney and Slayter for Sebastopol City Council

As I read Mr. Greenberg's rants on this thread, I come away with a feeling that, he really doesn't get it. I don't believe he's got a grasp of what it takes to work together with others to make a city work. All points made by Mr. Greenberg are confrontational (on all fronts) at best. He exhibits a need to confront and combat. To work together means to consider - to understand the opposing viewpoints. It seems to me, that if Mr. Greenberg is elected, he has already made up his mind NOT to work with the other four members of the City Council.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32
    Investigative Reporter

What the Facts Prove About Shepherd Bliss, Jonathan Greenberg & the Leaf Blowing Campaign

Here is what the facts show about our respective roles in the leaf blowing campaign.

The website I created, through my company, Progressive Source, at my own cost and with many hours of time, after you told me you were unable to assist with any work on it whatsoever, can still be seen here:

https://www.progressivesource.org

Please let us know if you can substantiate that you provided any assistance for the website? Or if anything I write below is a "misrepresentation" of the truth:

• I did all the organizing of our participants and hosted every one of the SPARE leafblower meetings, which you attended at my office.
    • I shot and posted and showed the City Council the video that is at the bottom of the landing page of the website about the City's unnecessary weekly leaf blowings in Brookhaven Park. This, and my testimony and requests at Council meetings, along with our petition, provided the impetus for the City to stop using leaf blowers in our public parks.
    • I wrote and printed the petition. We both worked to gather names.
    • I did all the extensive researching and writing of the facts about leaf blowers that appear on the website.
    • I paid for and produced and managed the production of the multiple videos of people speaking out about leaf blowers that appear on the website.
    • We both spoke about the issue at City council meetings for the same amount of time.
    • I wrote the compromise solution attempting to regulate blowers in senior homes and multi unit housing and introduced it to the City record.
    I leave it for the reader to determine which of us is "over-stating" his role in the leaf blower campaign.

And why?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    ...The Oct. 27, Mon., Press Democrat has an article about the Sebastopol City Council race. The reporter writes that Jonathan "was behind a proposed city ban on leaf blowers." She must have gotten this information from Jonathan, who has said this before. This is another example of his over-stating his role, as he has done with the CVS, library, and hospital struggles. Given my severe sound trauma from being raised in a military family and having served in the Army, I initiated that ban, in collaboration with former Mayor Guy Wilson. Jonathan eventually did come on board and do good work. But he did not initiate it and should not take too much credit for it....
    Last edited by Barry; 10-28-2014 at 01:26 PM.

4. TopTop #33
    Shepherd

Re: What the Facts Prove About Shepherd Bliss, Jonathan Greenberg & the Leaf Blowing Campa

Yes, Jonathan, as you say and I said, you were helpful in the leaf blower campaign. But you take all the credit for starting it, which you did not do. You have your list below. If you google "shepherd bliss leaf blowers," this is what you find on the first page, with many more pages to follow. Please click on the other 10+pages. You see, you present only some of "the facts," which is why people complain about you, as the PD reporter writes.

Long before you jumped on this campaign, to which you added good work, as I said before, others had done the important start-up work. Perhaps once in a while you might mention others, rather than just yourself. You seem to jump on one campaign after another, and then take total credit. That is simply not good team work. You are not a team player, which is why you should not be elected to the City Council team.

We need more than your substantial high tech skills, which you have. We need City Council members who can work together as a team in our uncertain and unpredictable future, not people who are just pushing one campaign after another.

1. Time to ban this health threat: Leaf blowers | The Smirking Chimp
      www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/26540

"Avoid using leaf blowers and other dust-producing equipment to cut down ... About authorShepherd Bliss teaches at Sonoma State University, ...
    2. The last word on leaf blowers? - Sonoma West Times and News ...
      www.sonomawest.com/...leaf-blowers/article_5060f57e-d59e-57d4-8d96- d1a696396a8d.html
      Apr 20, 2011 ... The leaf blower debate has produced personal attacks against ... “In Honor ofShepherd Bliss,” which starts “Whereas Shepherd Bliss has been ...
    3. Time to ban this health threat: Leaf blowers By Shepherd Bliss ...
      dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/.../time-to-ban-this-health-threat-leaf-blowers- by-shepherd-bliss/

Feb 9, 2010 ... By Shepherd Bliss Guest Writer Dandelion Salad https://www.vowvop.orgFebruary 9, 2010 photo by Dandelion Salad previously published on ...
    4. Shepherd Bliss: No blow movement grows : Augusta Free Press

augustafreepress.com/shepherd-bliss-no-blow-movement-grows/

Jun 29, 2010 ... While at their home recently a siren-pitched, shrieking scream interrupted thatserenity—a leaf blower, which some call a debris blower, since it ...
    5. Sonoma County Gazette: Leaf Blower Ban Proposed for Sebastopol

sonomacountygazette.blogspot.com/.../leaf-blower-ban-proposed-for- sebastopol.html

Jan 7, 2010 ... By Shepherd Bliss I appreciate the Sebastopol City Council for discussing aleaf blower ban, which it was scheduled to do at its Jan. 5 public ...
    6. Praising Leaves/Condemning Leaf Blowers - Resilience.org

www.resilience.org/stories/.../praising-leavescondemning-leaf-blowers

by Shepherd Bliss, originally published by Energy Bulletin | Jan 4, 2010. Leaves are ... Leaf blowers versus leaves is a classic machine versus nature conflict.
    7. Noise and Leaf Blower Debate Intensifies in Cittaslow Sonoma ...

cittaslowusa.org/news/noise-and-leaf-blowers/

Jul 6, 2010 ... By Shepherd Bliss. Leaf blowers were the talk of the town from the East to the West of Sonoma County this week, especially around Sebastopol ...
    8. WaccoBB.net - Leaf Blower Ban

www.waccobb.net/forums/list.php?category/18-Leaf-Blower-Ban

Mar 26, 2011 ... Leaf Blower Issue A Thorny Public Policy Debate ... of leaf blowers has flowered into one of the most robust public policy ... by Shepherd Bliss
    9. Leave the Leaves | Earth Island Journal | Earth Island Institute

www.earthisland.org/journal/index.php/eij/article/leave_the_leaves/

Oct 12, 2010 ... By Shepherd Bliss. photo of a man standing among ... I'm glad, then, that ablowback is brewing against the leaf blowers. In the small Northern ...
    10. Leafblowers on trail in Sebastopol and Sonoma | News & Features ...

www.metroactive.com/bohemian/07.21.10/openmic-1029.html

Jul 21, 2010 ... Sebastopol and Sonoma move toward leaf-blower bans. By Shepherd Bliss. The city councils of Sebastopol and Sonoma, both by 4-to-1 votes, ...
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacetown Jonathan: View Post

Here is what thefacts show about our respective roles in the leaf blowing campaign.

And why?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 10-28-2014 at 12:34 PM.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #34
    farmerdan

Re: What the Facts Prove About Shepherd Bliss, Jonathan Greenberg & the Leaf Blowing Campa

Jonathan and Shepherd,

You guys are the most fun I have ever had on Wacco!
    'I did more on CVS than you did! You did not! I did more on leaf blowers than you did! You did not!'

I get an image of leaf blowers, CVS, bike trails, libraries, cell phone taxes, and the kitchen sink being lobbied from one trench to the next on an open battle field. How about celebrating each other? You are both some of the farthest out people I know. Amazing!

Maybe you could come up to the French Garden and throw leaves at each other! I have plenty, having about 10 magnificent Red Oaks that shed like crazy all winter. In fact, please come have lunch some time and lets laugh about it all!

Farmer Dan

7. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

8. TopTop #35
    rossmen

Re: Why people are attacking my candidacy and responding to Shepherd Bliss

i'm not sure you've got me. i do live just north of sebastopol, in the school district, though fire is graton. it is easy to support hospitals, but anyone who keeps up with health research knows they are dangerous and expensive ways to provide healthcare, best to be avoided if at all possible, they are twentieth century medicine. obamacare is designed to keep people out of hospitals. hospital use has been declining for years and that trend will accelerate. no one has cited the source for the more likely to die stats if your towns hospital closes but i'm pretty sure it does not apply here due to close alternatives. my guess is that healdsburg will close within 5 years because of the new sutter.

if palm drive is resuscitated it will probably be a last hurrah with even more debt to pay. if it did survive it would be a modern medical miracle! greater west county has plenty of healthcare options, btw after a certain minimum, exceeded in all of sonoma county, greater access to healthcare does not correlate to better health.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Richard Nichols: View Post
    You got me rossman. I should have said I don't know anyone in Sebastopol who is opposed to the hospital being opened. Jim Horn is the only Hospital District candidate who seems to understand that Sebtown is only 13% or so of the district population, and the rest of you out there in lala land are way underserved and deserve better.