Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Eileen M.

Re: Sebastopol and West County Boycott of CVS

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AJL: View Post
    ...Do we have email addresses and phone numbers we can call to explain the boycott to cvs so they know we aren't shopping there and why.
    The Sebastopol CVS manager is Ken David 823-7209, maybe he'd like to hear from us.

I wrote a letter to Larry Merlo, the CEO and also sent him my extracare card...cut up in little pieces.
    His address is:
    1 CVS Drive
    Woonsocket, Rhode Island

Merlo's s administrative assistant is Pricilla La Ferte: [email protected]

Maybe others have some ideas?
    Last edited by Barry; 11-20-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

3. TopTop #32
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Eileen M.: View Post
    The Sebastopol CVS manager is Ken David 823-7209, maybe he'd like to hear from us....
    Great idea! I suggest the letter be carefully written. I think Craig Litwin (who I think is organizing the anti CVS campaign) should be invited to be involved. You are also welcome to post a draft here for feedback.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #33
    starcloud

Thanks for posting phone number for CVS manager, Ken David; I called and just spoke to him. He said he does pass along all the comments to the CVS powers that be.
    Starcloud

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Great idea! I suggest the letter be carefully written. I think Craig Litwin (who I think is organizing the anti CVS campaign) should be invited to be involved. You are also welcome to post a draft here for feedback.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #34
    lukasbadukas

Join us for Free Friday at the proposed site for the new CVS! In solidarity with the CVS protest as well as the Walmart protest and general non-participation in "black friday," we will gather to transform this space into our Community Vision Sebastopol.

How do we envision this space being used in the future to truly benefit the community and environment in which it resides?

Throughout the day there will be an open format of space transformation, crafting, skill sharing, unschooling, playing, singing, dancing, giving thanks and praise.

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...765#post185765
    https://www.facebook.com/events/3769...ilter=upcoming
    Last edited by Barry; 11-26-2014 at 11:18 AM.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #35
    AllorrahBe

The Lucky Store isn't doing so hot, either! I'm with you guys, continuing to boycott and to pray for Peace in the Heart of Sebastopol!
    Rev. BE

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #36
    Kai Daniel

I was part of the Free Friday event. We sat on a couch in the alcove of the entrance of the old show-room and dipped cider and tea and discussed what the current situation with CVS was and what could possible be done about it.

There was a lot of hope that perhaps we could make building a drugstore on that corner more trouble than it is worth by increasing city building code to an extreme. We could make it unfeasible for them to proceed, or make them have to build us the fanciest avant-garde building possible. How about mandating that all new large buildings in that area have to have not just a roof-top solar array, but also a good sized greenhouse with roof-top airo-ponic clean-room veggie garden? If CVS does indeed build a structure on that location we should make them build a building that we will be extra glad to have once we boycott their corporate butts out of it.

Ideally however we could dissuade them from keeping the land before they build anything. A sentiment expressed a lot was that that area is a central spot in Sebastopol, prime real estate, and it should be a community hub, not a drug store selling cheap plastic crap. What we do with our down town area defines us as a people, and right now we are saying: we sell out. Disgraceful. Let's turn it around. Let's build a park, a community kitchen, a convention center, a college, a library, a soup kitchen, something to bring a new and valuable asset to our town. Not a fourth drug store, please.

I guess the pharmaceutical industry has such a hold on us that they believe they can make a profit off of saving people an extra two minutes of driving to get their Xanax. Maybe they can build just a pharmacy, a tiny corner in a community center, that's what they want. I don't think they went to all this trouble to sell us shampoo and stationary.

How about we build a "Sebastopol School of Medicine" and offer masters degrees in Alternative Health Care?

The talk yesterday was mostly about "what should be done with this space" assuming CVS is out of the picture. Whether its two days or two decades from now, CVS will leave, and then what?

I say let's make it two days.

12. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

13. TopTop #37
    photolite

This is ludicrous.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Kai Daniel: View Post
    I was part of the Free Friday event. ....
    Last edited by Barry; 11-29-2014 at 11:50 PM.

14. TopTop #38
    AllorrahBe

I like some of your ideas! Now, figure out how to make parking that is user-friendly so there's someplace to park all the cars of all the people who will want to come to our downtown park or that avant-garde building, or (shudder) even CVS! I could see a multi-level structure with rooftop dining/events and maybe even "catwalks" across the streets and maybe even over Main Street. So visitors could actually drive to Sebastopol, park cars and take out their bikes and use those proposed bike trails to exercise and visit interesting places like Luther Burbank's Experiment Farm, the Laguna, and lots of other cool places.

Continuing to have gatherings where the people can mingle and hear each others' ideas and thoughts about where we've been and where we're going... I believe that is key in moving forward together as a community, dreaming up what we want to see in the heart of Sebastopol and what we want to show off to our visitors from around the world.

I am thankful for all the "movers and shakers" bringing forth new ideas, new ways of looking at things, new protocols for old and new practices... thanks to you, for all you do!
    Rev. BE

I was part of the Free Friday event. ...

15. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

16. TopTop #39
    Kai Daniel

That lot is pretty big. I can see a CVS only needing 1/3rd of it, and the rest could be parking. I was thinking more like half and half. Half Sebastopol College of Alternative Medicine, and half two-story parking garage with a third story garden on top! The other half could be solar panels, or maybe a greenhouse with photovoltaic glass... I wonder how plants grow under photo voltaic glass?

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #40
    AllorrahBe

Hari and/or Max probably know how plants grow under photo voltaic glass. If they're on here, maybe they will respond.
    Rev. BE

That lot is pretty big. I can see a CVS only needing 1/3rd of it, and the rest could be parking. I was thinking more like half and half. Half Sebastopol College of Alternative Medicine, and half two-story parking garage with a third story garden on top! The other half could be solar panels, or maybe a greenhouse with photovoltaic glass... I wonder how plants grow under photo voltaic glass?
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 12-01-2014 at 01:27 PM.

19. TopTop #41
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by photolite: View Post
    This is ludicrous.
    well yeah, at least in the Latinate sense of the word. I don't think he was describing a part of the process where a winning legal strategy was determined.
    Clearly this issue has resonance with a big part of the community, and events like that are part of a political process. There may be practical fallout, but that's not the way to judge it. Anyway, why judge it?

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #42
    Boycott CVS

Direct Action
    Boycott CVS
    WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 17TH
    2:30 -6:30

BOYCOTT CVS ! SAY NO TO CORPORATE BULLYING Meet at CVS in Redwood Marketplace
    * Bring Signs and Friends * Stand with Us Now *

Sign the Petition!

https://www.change.org/p/larry-j-mer...-sebastopol-ca

22. TopTop #43
    Shepherd

I plan to be there this Wed. afternoon and hope others will join us there. I kept some of my old boycott CVS signs, which I will get out and bring. I also tried to sign the petition, but it would not send. I have been having trouble with my computer, which I hope to get fixed tomorrow, so I hope that others are not having this same trouble.
    Carpe diem--seize the time!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Boycott CVS: View Post
    Direct Action
    Boycott CVS
    WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 17TH
    2:30 -6:30

BOYCOTT CVS ! SAY NO TO CORPORATE BULLYING Meet at CVS in Redwood Marketplace
    * Bring Signs and Friends * Stand with Us Now *

Sign the Petition!

https://www.change.org/p/larry-j-mer...-sebastopol-ca

23. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

24. TopTop #44
    fafner

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    I plan to be there this Wed. afternoon and hope others will join us there. I kept some of my old boycott CVS signs, which I will get out and bring. I also tried to sign the petition, but it would not send. I have been having trouble with my computer, which I hope to get fixed tomorrow, so I hope that others are not having this same trouble.
    ======================================================

Chase Bank pulled out of the project proposed for the intersection of
    Hwy 116 and Rt 12.

https://www.change.org/p/larry-j-mer...n_update_email

25. Gratitude expressed by:

26. TopTop #45
    knackfordesign

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post

RUMOR OR NOT? Seems to me I read somewhere that CVS was considering going offshore...

27. TopTop #46
    spam1

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post
    Only 70 signatures (still) on the petition. Jes sayin.
    Indeed. It is -literally- the least you could do!

I for one like CVS; I also like Rite-aid. What I don't like is an eyesore on the corner of downtown. And it is self-evident that CVS is likely the best opportunity to change the corner from an eyesore to something worthwhile. Unless you intend to steal the property from the Pellini's. And since the popularly elected representatives of Sebastopol signed off on it, I don't see why you have an issue.
    https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2...l-signs-off-on

Unless you would like to characterize the city council as minions of the running-dog capitalists?

28. TopTop #47
    scamperwillow

Ummm - the Pellini's sold the property long ago......

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post
    Unless you intend to steal the property from the Pellini's.

29. Gratitude expressed by:

30. TopTop #48
    spam1

Quote Posted in reply to the post by scamperwillow: View Post
    Ummm - the Pellini's sold the property long ago......
    Indeed, just read that as well. I should have said "steal the property from CVS"; doesn't sounds as good though. I am sure many readers of the site would agree that stealing property from corporations is not at all bad.

31. Gratitude expressed by: