Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Our Congressman Jared Huffman on the Colbert Report

Stephen Colbert's series "Better Know a District" featured our congressman Jared Huffman last night.
    Click the image below to watch him "win the interview" with Steven:

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Our Congressman Jared Huffman on the Colbert Report

The PD's article about Jared Colbert segment is mostly a re-hash of the video, but it includes this:

“It’s a district that shows very well, and I’m proud to tell people about it,” he said. “It was hard to keep a straight face at times. (Colbert) has got such a rapid wit. I knew to let him do the funny stuff.”

And this:
    “It’s really animated my social media. It lit it up,” he said. “I am surprised at how many people on the North Coast are fans of Colbert.”

And Jared commented on his facebook page:
    Thanks to everyone who tuned in to my "Better Know a District" appearance on Colbert! I should have known the Bristlecone Pine was the oldest tree, but otherwise it seemed to go pretty well.
    And this:
    Now that the Colbert show has run, I can tell you there were some really funny scenes that didn't make the cut. In one, he poured himself a huge glass (to the brim) of my homemade wine and started drinking it, saying he detected flavors of "liberal overreaching" and "projecting weakness to our enemies." In another, he made me play volleyball against him on a makeshift court in the hallway. We had a discussion about fugitive methane losses, which he called silent but deadly. And lots of marijuana stuff ended up not making the cut. It's interesting to see how they edited 2 hours of taping down to the final segment. Lots of fun!

It was great to see Jared on national TV. I think he's a good guy that represents us well, though he wasn't the best fodder for Colbert's sharp wit. - Barry

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Stephen Colbert's series "Better Know a District" featured our congressman Jared Huffman last night.
    Click the image below to watch him "win the interview" with Steven:

Last edited by Barry; 09-25-2014 at 10:26 AM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: