Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Is there a non-profit that helps provide medical cannabis to the severeley ill?

Ok- disclaimer up front. I am the grower for an established 215 collective.

But- I wonder- is there any non-profit organization operating in the area that connects collectives willing to provide no cost medicines to the most ill in our community? To those undergoing Chemo? Those with full blown AIDS? Those undergoing truly life threatening and.or debilitating diseases and conditions that cannabis can help?

Our collective already subsidizes medicines for some of our most needy. And I'd like to believe there are other collectives out there that do the same. And our likewise willing to do more.

So is there anyone out there set up to put collectives and those most in need together? Or are you involved with a non-profit currently serving these people in other ways- and this is a need you see?

So I guess, I'm not real hopeful such a system is already in place? But I'd love to hear from people- patients who have such a need. Collectives who are able and willing to play some role. Non-profits who have a base with such needs, and could at least, wink, wink, nudge, nudge- look to these folks.

And please, I hate that I even feel like I need to say this- but please dont waste either of our time asking to buy or get free cannabis because you have back pain/hard menses, etc etc etc. I am thinking of those who are already financially strapped because of medical bills and the realities of their conditions. And for whom cannabis may, at least, provide some relief if not some curative powers. This is not about finding new "customers". Or getting cheap cannabis. This is about the very intent of our Compasionate Use laws. And doing right...and giving back to our communities.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    meherc
    Supporting member

Re: Is there a non-profit that helps provide medical cannabis to the severeley ill?

I would bet that if you called around and asked/suggested it many of the dispensaries would at least have a sliding scale. Or try calling Food for Thought -they might know of one. I would be willing to call around and investigate though I don't know much about marijuana. Call me if you're interested. 887-8339

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post
    Ok- disclaimer up front. I am the grower for an established 215 collective.

But- I wonder- is there any non-profit organization operating in the area that connects collectives willing to provide no cost medicines to the most ill in our community? ...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 09-12-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email