Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    doertel

5 Foster Siblings in need

My amazing daughter has taken in 5 foster siblings from the children s shelter, they moved in last week,she is doing the foster-adopt program and it seems as though I might be a grandma or at least a foster grandma. With this new title I'm of course wanting do all I can to help. My daughter is single and doing this on her own. My first plan of action is to help get them set up with school clothes and misc necessities. With the budget being pretty tight I'm hoping to find nice 2nd hand items for them,they have very little in the way of belongings. My daughter gave me a wish list and sizes,if anyone you know is getting rid of or ready to pass on any of the following, we would be extremely grateful.

There is a
    3yr old boy - loves cars both the movie and the toys
    10yr old boy - loves mind-craft
    11yr old boy - sports movies
    12yr girl - diary/ journal w lock,ballet flats size 8,volley ball knee pads
    15yr old boy - boxing gloves 16 oz leather, laptop* see below

The wish list is follows ;
    Hair clippers
    2 alarm clocks
    Non violent,family-kid movies
    Games non violent for Xbox
    Parenting books (she already read my favorite P.E.T.-Parent effectiveness Training)

The sizes are ;

The 3 year old boy is 4T, 10 year old boy is kids size 16 or large, or adult medium, 11 yr old boy is also 16 or adult small/medium, 12 yr old girl wears girls' or juniors large, or women's medium. She loves pink, flowery stuff, and floral prints that older girls would wear. The oldest boy wears size 2x and needs plain, colored t shirts and short sleeved button down shirts.
    Shoe sizes: The girl is 6.5/7, and the rest are little boys 9, older boys 5, 7, 11 or 12 for the oldest.

*The oldest boy has had the worst of things throughout his young life, he is turning 16 next week and all he wants is an Mac Laptop that can run Photoshop/Illustrator Creative Cloud software with an ssd drive, I don't know what an ssd is but if someone knows of a place to get a good price on a 5 year old or newer Mac Laptop that would be great. I think him getting into the arts is and can be a life saver for him plus help keep him out of trouble. He is very artistic and I'd love to see him put his talent to good use.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks so much for your time as I know this was a long message.

Debbie
    Last edited by doertel; 08-31-2014 at 03:47 PM. Reason: I was not allowed to use their names for their protection
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Bird Watcher

Re: 5 Foster Siblings in need

Years ago, I might have been able to help supply some items when we still had things like that. Am living on East Coast now, but I absolutely admire what your daughter is doing. My very best to the whole family and lots of love to the children!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by doertel: View Post
    My amazing daughter has taken in 5 foster siblings from the children s shelter,...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2014 at 11:19 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email