Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Our very own Colleen Fernald running for public office!!!

The following article was published by the Press Democrat on August 23, 2014:

Seeking Santa Rosa council seats, two late entrants claim new addresses

The newly enlarged race for Santa Rosa City Council now includes nine candidates, including two latecomers who have been frequent and vocal critics of local government and who appear to be fudging to meet residency requirements to get on the ballot.

Sebastopol resident Colleen Fernald and Keith Rhinehart, who until recently lived in Wikiup, both qualified for the ballot in part by changing their voter registration information to reflect Santa Rosa addresses where they don’t actually live.

Fernald, who regularly addresses the Santa Rosa City Council on issues...

Please click here to finish reading the Press Democrat's article
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: Our very own Colleen Fernald running for public office!!!

Anyone who wants to campaign for Colleen Fernald should send a message to her Wacco handle, "Peace Voyager." Colleen will be happy to manage the many Waccos who are thrilled to death to help her become a SR City councilwoman, and possibly even Mayor!!! What a thrill that would be.

And this could be a stepping stone for Colleen to become the first female governor of California! And then maybe the US Senate. And, who knows, perhaps Colleen will become the first woman president in US history!!!

So, come on! Right here on Waccoland, send "Peace Voyager" a message and let's all make history together!!!

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #3
    spam1

It strikes me as very odd for a Sebastopol resident to be on the Santa Rosa City Council.

In fact, there was an article recently about prosecutors in LA charging candidates for essentially listing false addresses:
    https://electionlawblog.org/?p=61182

Edward: how do you feel about some one from Sonoma, or Occidental or Santa Rosa running for a Sebastopol City office. Does Sebastopol have a homeless shelter (that's what one candidate used). Since I live in the County, but have a 95472 address, does that make me qualified to run to?

It's great that you like Colleen, but you seriously undermine you credentials as any kind of objective observer if you follow the credo of "I like this guy, so it's OK for them to bend the rules as much as they can"

6. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

Joel, I agree with you 100%.

My post is facetious. Thank you for your reply. I was wondering when someone was finally going to say something about it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post
    It strikes me as very odd for a Sebastopol resident to be on the Santa Rosa City Council.

In fact, there was an article recently about prosecutors in LA charging candidates for essentially listing false addresses:
    https://electionlawblog.org/?p=61182

Edward: how do you feel about some one from Sonoma, or Occidental or Santa Rosa running for a Sebastopol City office. Does Sebastopol have a homeless shelter (that's what one candidate used). Since I live in the County, but have a 95472 address, does that make me qualified to run to?

It's great that you like Colleen, but you seriously undermine you credentials as any kind of objective observer if you follow the credo of "I like this guy, so it's OK for them to bend the rules as much as they can"

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    spam1

Usually my irony detector goes off, but it must of misfired this time.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post

My post is facetious. Thank you for your reply. I was wondering when someone was finally going to say something about it.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #6
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Well, I sorta thought that my "Gratitudes" after those posts was saying something about them......

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #7
    Richard Nichols

Your post cracked me up. You must know that WACCO folk take things very seriously, so seriously that sometimes they can't see an obvious send-up. But then Colleen, bless her heart, is a self pasquinade.

-------
    [edit]

Vocabulary Word of the Day

goes to Richard Nichols for

Pasquinade

"...From this tradition are derived the
    English-language terms
    pasquinade and pasquil,
    which refer to an anonymous lampoon in verse or prose.[1]
    "

[Barry]

Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2014 at 11:15 AM.

14. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

15. TopTop #8
    spam1

Learned a new word today.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Richard Nichols: View Post
    Your post cracked me up. You must know that WACCO folk take things very seriously, so seriously that sometimes they can't see an obvious send-up. But then Colleen, bless her heart, is a self pasquinade.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2014 at 09:53 AM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #9
    Richard Nichols

So did I.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-01-2014 at 09:52 AM.

18. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

19. TopTop #10
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Me, too....

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #11
    tommy

My heart goes out to Colleen. I watched her run against DiFi. I've witnessed her lecture the Santa Rosa City Council just after the killing of Andy Lopez. I saw her sign about her daughter who took her own life, and about her husband who abused her. I wish her healing, satisfaction, and love. I don't think she'll ever find it running for public office. Sad to say, I doubt anyone watching her will experience it either.

22. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

23. TopTop #12
    arthunter

This is a woman who truly cares about our world and the injustices which we all face. I thank her for dusting off the debris of personal tragedy and giving it another go ... may we all be so brave and resilient ....

24. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

25. TopTop #13

Re: Our very own Colleen Fernald running for public office!!! - NO THANKS

I think with all the past mistakes to learn from we should do a better job of vetting potential candidates before supporting them to such important positions of being representatives of our well-being. Buying face value what candidates say about themselves is not a reliable source of all sides of crucial information about their character. Court history, public records, articles, reports of current public behavior and experiences of past acquaintances may be very revealing.

There's a big difference between responsibly sacrificing aspects of your personal life for a worthy cause or totally neglecting your personal responsibilities in lieu of a militant ego-driven obsession with activism, especially when children are involved. It's a big clue when the government steps in and removes children from your care and it usually happens way too late after years of damage has been done. Nor is the militant self-righteous approach an effective way to lead, attract supporters or make changes happen even if factually correct.

When someone's personal life is a long unstable story of neglect of self and children due to no interest in holding a real job in lieu of fixing the world's problems, many rambling public dissertations about all the ways they are a victim and never once taking any personal responsibility for the consequences of their actions in their own life... it is not the life story of anyone I want representing me.

26. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

27. TopTop #14
    arthunter

Alex,

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to give an honest response ... If it were not for those throughout history who displayed a "militant ego driven obsession with activism" you might not enjoy the freedoms that you do ....

Also, do a search using the term "Cointelpro" .... activists do not have an easy time in our country and most of them sacrifice their safety for the sake of the next generation ... Judi Bari and Jean Seberg come to mind .... do some research.....

Given the current political climate and witnessing the silencing of opposing opinions, I would not assume that Colleen's problems have been self-induced ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Alex: View Post
    I think with all the past mistakes to learn from we should do a better job of vetting potential candidates before supporting them to such important positions of being representatives of our well-being. Buying face value what candidates say about themselves is not a reliable source of all sides of crucial information about their character...
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 09-05-2014 at 12:56 PM.

28. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

29. TopTop #15

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Alex,
    ......Given the current political climate and witnessing the silencing of opposing opinions, I would not assume that Colleen's problems have been self-induced ....
    I'm assuming nothing. I had numerous personal and parental interactions with her starting 10 years ago due to our children being the same age and in the same school, including at first relating about activist subjects. But I found myself repeatedly having to force myself to be silent when noticing numerous extremes and disturbing effects of it in her life, especially when noticing the effects on her kids' well-being. A point came when I deliberately ended all association and went out of my way to avoid any interaction.

To avoid personal anecdotes, I was trying to point out where people could find all the red flags in wacco posts and court records to be able to put 2 + 2 together for themselves and and see the mountain of energy-draining victim-centered behavior patterns before offering blind support.... which would just be more destructive enabling of someone whose life is a long sorry story of taking a neglected backseat to their obsession.

I'm sorry, but the true history and character of someone wanting to be entrusted to make crucial decisions for 1000's needs to be examined. AGAIN, regardless of how factually correct these people can be about their chosen social issues, anyone totally inept at running their life, no stable career, work history or references, has their children removed, committing suicide and being restrained from seeing them and zero accountability for any portion of it is a poor choice for running a city and it needs to be said.

I looked for the name for this syndrome and learned something new - it's called Dry Addiction. The victim stuff that jumped out at me turns out to be more of the crucial factor than I even knew.

DRY ADDICTION
    A dry drunk or dry addict is someone who has the psychological make-up of an addict despite rarely (if ever) picking up a bottle of alcohol or narcotic substance. It’s someone who operates unaware of deep-rooted anger issues they have yet to confront. The dysfunctional coping mechanisms they developed as a child to deal with their parents don’t work in the adult world.

For example, an activism addict has an incessant need to elevate their own sense of importance and dominate other people through passive aggression and their own personal Victim of Oppression Status™ along with a fairly transparent addiction to their own story, all neatly codified in the language of social justice. What the public doesn’t see, however, is the dysfunction manifesting in full scale by orbiting around a single, overinflated, self-important, far-too-delicate and easily-bruised ego constructed entirely out of a victim complex.
    Last edited by Alex; 09-06-2014 at 12:10 AM.

30. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

31. TopTop #16
    podfish

I looked for the name for this syndrome and learned something new - it's called Dry Addiction..
    labels are awesome. They seem to explain so much. The problem is, they don't, usually.

I suppose a label/syndrome/DSM categorization could be useful for describing an individual if accompanied by an itemization of where it fails to apply in that specific case. But usually it's just a big bucket that contains way too many individuals with significant differences from each other. It leads toward over-emphasing the areas of their similarities and downplaying the importance of their differences.

You may well have good reasons to make your judgement. But if you find your reasoning confirmed because all people who suffer from "dry addiction" are (any claim here) I think you're on very shaky ground. A lot of evil is done by inferring unproven or unobserved extra characteristics to a person just because they "fit the label". We're condemned to defining large groups of people in ways that minimize their differences, just 'cuz there are so damn many people to deal with - but it's a necessary convenience, not an improved understanding of reality.

32. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

33. TopTop #17

Been away from Waccoland for a variety of reasons. Nice to hear from a few that I was missed.

Wonder how many of the respondents here are the the PD/PD troll payroll, (Press Democrat, or Police Department)?

Have only one intent right now; removing organized crime from government & law enforcement, media, etc. I've found campaigning is a good way to put a spotlight on what's often ignored in these races.

It's been a lot of work, and will remain so. Don't expect to survive it; that way I might be pleasantly surprised if I do, and ready for it if I don't.

Guess I'm a bit surprised that bit came from you Edward; thought we were friendlier than that.

Other than this sea of snarks, one consistent response I find, no matter the demographics - folks are grateful I'm running as a non-politician.

I reckon there may be more lies & distortions per square inch in the Press Democrat than the National Enquirer. Anyone who would trust the agents working for them for the facts on any issue is not to be trusted themselves.

It's good to know, everyone I speak to, even many folks at the SR Chamber candidates' forum this morning don't trust the Press Democrat to deliver the truth. Folks are pulling the wool away from their eyes, and even though daylighting our stark reality can be harsh, it's better than the darkness - that's where bad mold grows.

I'm living, working, and playing in both Santa Rosa and Sebastopol; because my concerns for the safety of folks under the current conditions in SR have grown so great, and no one running has the guts to take on the corruption. Wish 3 of them did so I could focus on art & music etc. instead.

Spending more time in Santa Rosa has shown me sharper contrasts from amazing, blossoming cultural growth, cool businesses, and civic potential; to deeply troubling threats to most folks well being. Good chance the homeless population is much larger than they think. I am not homeless; though counting my blessings even more with the hardships I see in the lives of those without homes.

I have no interest in breaking the rules. I'm counting on the NSA, etc. to assist me with any challenges relating to my domicile. I've been upfront with the election folks in SR and the ROV from day one. When the time is right, I'll report my experience; without making a spectacle of it.

After spending 11 years attending council meetings in Santa Rosa & Sebastopol; one benefit of running for office is getting to know some of the staff on a more personal basis.

The benefit for Sebastopol and Santa Rosa that comes from the sacrifice of my time, etc. is, I continue to share what's working and not in both places with both Councils and staff. Sometimes they even take action.

While many will still put their distorted bias goggles on when viewing what it is that I do; I wish we could all have a "Wonderful Life" app to demonstrate what things would be like if we never tried to push these boulder-sized issues up the steep hill.

This go round, I can't analyze if it will be worth it - my conscience won't let me stop doing all I can to ensure no more families like Andy Lopez's and mine will suffer so deeply. Annexing Roseland, etc. won't make a bit of difference if the rotten part of the core is not removed from the SRPD & SC Sheriff dept. and the others protecting their trouble. Do you really think any of the candidates will challenge that?

My experience has been with calls for service to both agencies. 50% of the time they were helpful, 25% not, and 25% should have at least lost their job, some sent to jail.

With the uptick in man-made and natural disasters dangers, the public safety sector of all towns needs a major overhaul. There is no place for the militarization of our police, nor the martial law policing of the world with our military.

I wasn't kidding when I indicated how compromised all this makes my personal security, another good reason to keep moving around, ready for emergencies.

Indeed after weeks of a gut feeling for the well being of someone who blew the whistle on some of the big crime bandits, which I posted about on the "Colleen's Blog" thread; was seriously hurt in an accident. Then his daughter was in a head on car wreck. Dearly pray they were not engineered accidents.

Lifting the lid on the truth of the corruption I've experienced with the SRPD & former chief feels a bit like slow motion suicide by cop. Though I take minor comfort knowing the details are in several pairs of good hands; and there are even more good guys providing assistance undercover.

My fearlessness is my body armor; but it's not always hatchet proof. I'll need to rely on the kind souls I bump into here, in SR + Seb, and surrounding area to supplant my shield - OK?

Peace!!!,

C

[Colleen posted two other long posts to this thread. I have suppressed them from the digest but they remain on the website. To view, see this post on the website and then scroll down. Barry]
    Last edited by Barry; 09-12-2014 at 01:43 PM.

34. Gratitude expressed by:

35. TopTop #18

If you understand how members of the Press Democrat operate it makes sense. If you had witnessed the judge, James Bertoli, who denied my child an independent attorney and the psych eval the ER doctor ordered after she slit her wrist in her father's care, maybe you'd understand. After that, it got much worse. Some I've posted before, the rest will come out.

The point is, a man who has committed rape and was involved in teen porn & prostitution, had illegal & perscription drugs in the reach of his child, with his prescription drugs found in her dead body - is still free to harm others. And the people responsible for not putting him before an honest judge and jury are still free to abuse their power further.

But most posters here would rather take the time to criticize me working, in the midst of trauma to correct the fatal failures, before more children or women are harmed; rather than take my own life to leave this pain.

I am non-violent, but I do believe everyone has the right to self defense. If you were raped, and also assaulted 4 other times, during the 6th assault after being hit and shoved, don't you think you'd have the right to defend yourself as I did; which was only once in an effort to stop him, not assault him? Once I stopped his attack I went to the police with my daughter, downplaying the incident to keep her calm.

She was sick with the flu that day, it was the only reason I went to pick her up at her dad's. Prior to this I had demanded our custody exchanges were done at the police stations. Her father's was the place I was raped, I did not like being there, I never went past the front door that day. But what the SRPD did in that case when I reported it was CRIMINAL!

At a Family Justice Center event no less, I heard members of the SRPD gloat about how they falsify some police reports. I have proof in my case; some of that was disappeared by the court & DA.Think it can't happen to you, your loved ones or friends? Even paid trolls & fixers can be at risk if they don't play along.

I had to pay SRPD $60 for the photos they took of the bruises he put on me for the restraining order case, but you won't see that in our file because Judge Bertoli had them SHREDDED!!!

Why most on this thread feel the need to be so cruel may be revealing something deeper about them and their motives.

When I started this work, I knew I'd be a target, so I started making sure I would not give them any valid legal reason to harm me further, such as counting to 3 at stop signs and red light turns, to be sure I wasn't doing a "California Stop".

Knowing that I'm running to expose crime - why on earth would you think I would risk putting myself in that position?

When the Republican candidate for gov went on his "life as a homeless person" excursion, did the election officials jail him for not being at his registered voter home?

For me entering a race or speaking at public meetings is a critically important sacrifice of time & resources. Don't know why you all would use your time being relentlessly ruthless to someone desperate for justice. Until our communities have it, I have no peace. Don't think Andy's family and friends have it yet either. How are you helping by condemning me for trying to do something about it.

And Richard, I'm not "spoiling" your Sebastopol Council race, why do you care about my raising the bar in Santa Rosa? You think a mushy middle will fix their ills? My being in the race makes it easier for the middle to move closer to what is really needed, not just what will do.

For the record, I do not consider myself an activist; that word can be a divider. I'm a mom working for a safe, non-toxic, non-nuclear communities and nations.

If you don't want to support that; please find another hobby besides being mean to someone still in mourning, and not yet ready to give up disinfecting our mess of a political system.

Thank you,

Colleen Fernald

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post
    Colleen, our own, has well developed ideas that would show better in a national issues site. I know many activists come from their own experiences - in my opinion the best way - and Colleen has stepped out over and over again over her personal life to teach about justice and community. Colleen, if you're reading this, I tried to reach you privately but no longer have your email. If I were able to get through I would ask why you've chosen this way to proceed. To me, seeing you as a person of high integrity, this didn't make sense.

36. TopTop #19

I

I'm sorry, but the true history and character of someone wanting to be entrusted to make crucial decisions for 1000's needs to be examined. AGAIN, regardless of how factually correct these people can be about their chosen social issues, anyone totally inept at running their life, no stable career, work history or references, has their children removed, committing suicide and being restrained from seeing them and zero accountability for any portion of it is a poor choice for running a city and it needs to be said.
    I will address the other false information from this poster later. For now - I'm proud of my career; sorry that I've only helped paid off other people's mortgages with my average $1400 per month I've paid as a renter in Sonoma County for 3 nearly decades. That would be hard to do if I was a deadbeat as alluded to above.

Yes I've had 5 years of serious setbacks; hard to focus when you know your child is in the care of a rapist, and how easy it is for judges and even your own attorney to be bribed. Still I haven't given up for long, nor turned to substance abuse.

Giving a damn about what's driving our communities and country to moral and fiscal decay is not an emotional problem. To me, not giving a damn is. Condemning others for giving a damn is. With so many suffering from disengagement, this is why one person, our president, has the authority to wage war, anywhere, any style with already 17 trillion in debt.

Public Law 107-243 enabled that since 2002. I've been working since 2003 to stop it. What have you done to change the course? Ending this unconstitutional law was the primary reason I ever ran for office, most all other municipal problems are symptoms of this. Now the fatal failures of law enforcement add to my reasons I'm willing to subject myself to the sometimes great and ofter very ugly business of politics.

Nothing to do with me wanting to be elected; I'd rather get back to art & music; it has everything to do with the fact that NO ONE is stepping up to tackle this really tough stuff.

Even though it hurts like hell; I'm glad I can still feel; I'm not a numbed out zombie.

In trauma, compassion is tough; had to keep myself away from most of the Andy Lopez events for self preservation. But as time has helped, and I've made sweet connections with some of that community, it replaces a bit of the pain received from the hurtful waccos here.

I have noting to gain in being a victim; I repel the notion of it as a weakness. But the reality is, because of the obstruction of justice in my 2009 rape and 2011 assault case; I was not allowed victim's compensation to help me heal. I went to Verity rape counseling for about 17 sessions. Even 1700 sessions could not fix the trauma of knowing those who think sexual assault, and a man in his 40's having paid sex with, or producing porn with teens is ok, and those who should've locked him up, assisted him in getting away with it, including Child Protection Services.

The man making a documentary of some of the 600 cases like mine was found dead.

The man who told me how and whom helped Efren Carrillo and John Charles Molinari obstruct justice in their multiple crimes, has been severely injured, along with his daughter. I have a witness and evidence to his concerns about his risks to his family's well being as he was re-telling his involvement in the events. He also told me about his knowledge in another very well publicized unsolved international crime.

I can't ignore this; how can you fault me for working to fix it as I also attend to multiple ways to keep myself healthy & happy, and rebuild from the fractures to my family with my remaining 2 sons.

I hope Charlotte and Robin Williams, my father, and a best friend, all said to be dead from suicide are teaming up to help our families from the other side. It's said Earth is very special, not just to it's inhabitants, but to our universe. What a shame to see so many inhabitants inflicting so much harm for no good reasons.

I sure hope clarity for the confused comes soon. I may be in deep pain, but at least I'm clear on my life's purpose; even if I get too knocked down to fulfill it as soon as I need to. Success to me isn't about how much I earn; it's leaving my corner of the planet way better than before I came; learning from and inspiring others on optimal ways of doing it.

Yeah, I have strong emotions, many Libra/Scorpios do. Gary Wysocky has strong emotions too. You need strong emotions to give a damn enough to do what it takes to notice and overcome the obstacles once you see your channel for delivery.

If I survive this round; maybe a career change could be in store; Joan Rivers left some big shoes to fill; maybe I've got enough raw truth and bitterness to fill them, once my funny bone is healed.

Maybe your name will come up in my comedy therapy as I make light of your cruelty. Or maybe you'll meet a rapist named John in a bar because no one was willing to hold him accountable; as fate twists yet again.

Or just maybe I won't fill Joan's shoes because I lost my bitterness, right after justice arrived.

Is condemning someone for working to correct local and federal injustices, seeking all possible legal solutions really what you want to be doing - does that make the world a better place?

Some people I think are my friends had been telling me about this thread, one said they thought it was so offensive they thought Barry would have pulled it.

I just want to know if the haters are paid, or just naturally that way. Does it make you feel good to pile on so insensitively?

My life is no less nor no more valuable than yours; all that matters is I don't give up before I'm finished with the big goals.

Who knows, maybe I'm the tipping point, without whom you'd find your side of our ship dangerously out of balance. Push me overboard and maybe it all goes belly up. What about throwing me a life preserver instead; because yours is just one lives I've thrown myself into the sharks with to save year after year. This time they look very hungry.

From my 2006 US Senate Race:

WORK EXPERIENCE

1/91 to present: Consultant
    Sales and Marketing for selected products and services, Founder/Coordinator of the Sebastopol Sustainability Conf. & Festival, Production/Sales/Marketing of: North Bay EcoFest, Creativity Café, Children’s Interactive Expo, Sonoma County Watershed Day, Graphic Designer and Art Director, Video Producer/Director, Sustainable Property Development – Green Building Certified, Sales Rep. for renewable energy systems and bio & phyto wastewater remediation services and products.

11/99 - 1/01: The North Bay Bohemian Santa Rosa, CA
    Distribution/Production Assistant/Account Executive
    Began with circulation and establishing new distribution points. Joined the Production Dept.; duties included: graphic design and paste-up of ads. Progressed to Advertising Dept. and was responsible for ad sales, design and collections.

2/99 - 9/99: ContentWorld Publishing Ventures, San Jose, CA
    Sales/Marketing
    Sold advertising and promoted Content, a national trade magazine for content creation/media asset management.

10/95 - 2/96: ANT Internet Corp., Livermore, CA
    Sales/Marketing
    Sold and promoted website development services.

3/93 - 8/94: Desktop Hollywood/Ted Nelson Studios, Sausalito, CA
    Sales/Marketing/Office Manager
    Promoted and managed nonlinear edit equipment rentals, general office duties and Personal Assistant.

10/82 - 9/84: Prairie Sun Recording, Cotati, CA
    Facilities Manager/Sales/Marketing
    Maintained studio, offices and lodging. Managed relations with recording artists. Assisted in studio productions. Promotions at trade shows and industry related events.
    INTERNSHIPS

KFTY Television Station, Santa Rosa, CA
    Video editor
    Edited movies to fit the television format

Damon Rarey Graphics, Santa Rosa, CA
    Training on Aurora computer graphics systems
    OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE

Climate Protection Campaign
    Research Assistance

Graton Community Services District, Graton, CA
    Note taker for Board meeting minutes

E-Myth Worldwide, Santa Rosa, CA
    Sales
    Telemarketing for a small business development and coaching firm.

Time Arts Inc., Santa Rosa, CA
    Quality Assurance
    Tested OS2 computer graphic software.

Wine Country Radio, Healdsburg, CA
    Account Executive
    Sold advertising for radio station KRSH

L.A. Weekly, Los Angeles,CA
    Sales
    Sold Classified Ads

From my Sebastopol City Council Race in 2012:

I’m a single mother of 3 children. My primary career is a Consultant – Information Analyst and Solutionist with a focus on sustainable property practices, products and services.

I have been a student at the Santa Rosa Junior College over the course of many years with 40 units focused in art, music, film, video and computers.

I am pro choice and pro life. I consider myself omni-partisan and omni-religious; that is, I work to adopt and share the best of all I can find. I’m a citizen lobbyist for a safe, and greener world. I’m considered a super Progressive Democrat who votes for the person, not the party.

In 2001 I joined the Sustainable Sebastopol Salon and began attending City Council meetings. As a result, I became Founder/Coordinator of the Sebastopol Sustainability Conference & Festival, which took place in 2002 and 2003.

In 2004, I partnered with the Producers of the Health & Harmony Festival to evolve this event into the North Bay EcoFest.

I was selected by then Santa Rosa Mayor, Jane Bender, to serve on the Climate Protection Campaign’s Community Climate Action Plan. Previously, I have done research for the Climate Protection Campaign.
    While working for the Graton Community Services District, I initiated a grant request for Prop. 50 funds which resulted in receiving $650,000 for the GCSD and also have been involved in their groundwater management plan.

I have served as a citizen lobbyist for water quantity and quality issues on the local, State and Federal level. I attend many regional Water Advisory Committee meetings, the Santa Rosa’s PUC meetings, State Water Board in-stream flow and frost protection meetings, many Regional Water Quality Control Board and State Water Board meetings on water and watershed protection issues.

I have attended most Sebastopol and Santa Rosa City Council meetings, along with the Sonoma Country Board of Supervisors meetings for the last 10 years; in order to learn how to refine and work to influence important public policies for our region and nation.

On the political front, I wanted to raise the bar with regard to sustainability for Sonoma County as a whole, and entered the Board of Supervisors race in the 1st District in 2008. After meeting with another candidate, Will Pier, I dropped out and helped launch his campaign which has assisted him to be in the runoff this
    November and nearly defeat the incumbent.

In 2008 and 2010 I ran for Sebastopol City Council.

I assisted the campaigns for: Dennis Kucinch, No Lowe’s big box development for Cotati, and GE Free Sonoma County.

37. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

38. TopTop #20
    nicofrog

you GO Colleen! Keep running for things ,seems the only platform for getting heard on concerns that even if they are HALF true ,need to brought to light..

I Think the VICIOUS and hurt-full posters here reveal their wimp nature,AFRAID that you might attain public office and needing to Sound Off with psychological evaluations that they have no PHD's to back up,no links to studies or other documentation that adds to their credibility. You know I'm sure in the current climate of S.Storms you have a mosquitoes chance in a darkened room of winning this.but hey thet mosquito is gonna keep folks AWAKE and I applaud you for your BRAVERY and persistence in the "Public eye" in what can be a very two faced community.

Aho girl stand and be heard and let the cringers cringe. I have never seen or heard you be cruel to anyone.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peace Voyager: View Post
    ...Public Law 107-243 enabled that since 2002. I've been working since 2003 to stop it. What have you done to change the course? Ending this unconstitutional law was the primary reason I ever ran for office, most all other municipal problems are symptoms of this. Now the fatal failures of law enforcement add to my reasons I'm willing to subject myself to the sometimes great and ofter very ugly business of politics.

Nothing to do with me wanting to be elected; I'd rather get back to art & music; it has everything to do with the fact that NO ONE is stepping up to tackle this really tough stuff....

39. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: