Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Did the U.S. help destabilize Ukraine?

There have been several news sources, for the last few months, reporting compelling evidence that the US government has been deliberately helping to destabilize Ukraine.

If this is true, then why does American foreign policy feel motivated to do this? What are the "benefits" or justifications?

Thank you ahead of time for your feedback.

Edward
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    arthunter

Did the U.S. help destabilize Ukraine?

Here are a few ideas on the subject ... personally, I don't know what to think ... it's interesting though that many people are now looking for the "hidden story" behind events ... progress?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/washin...kraine/5367744

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    There have been several news sources, for the last few months, reporting compelling evidence that the US government has been deliberately helping to destabilize Ukraine.

If this is true, then why does American foreign policy feel motivated to do this? What are the "benefits" or justifications?

Thank you ahead of time for your feedback.

Edward
    Last edited by Barry; 08-12-2014 at 02:20 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    podfish

Re: Did the U.S. help destabilize Ukraine?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    ... it's interesting though that many people are now looking for the "hidden story" behind events ... progress?
    labeling an interest in finding out more about the Ukrainian situation as searching for a "hidden story" trivializes it. It implicitly accepts a conspiratorial world view.

I'm interested in answers to the question as posed, though - to maybe put words in Edward's mouth (though I think I'm just paraphrasing), what would be the motivations behind an alleged U.S. interest in destabilizing Ukraine?

Even without inferring nefarious motives in those who control of the "mainstream news", it's hard to claim that the media in this country gives thorough coverage to international issues. Everything is warped to fit most Americans' parochial interests - what does it mean to me? - and filtered as if the ways it touches on U.S. policy is central. The world's full of things that ain't about us. Sebastopol is sister city to Chihirin, and I've had people from there stay with me. I only got a small window into what it might be like to live in a place that is clearly not the U.S. They were at least as different from us Waccos as Texans are, though maybe a bit easier to understand. I'm sure the way we're hearing about the political situation in the Ukraine isn't giving us all that much insight into how it looks from there. And I'm equally sure that there are a lot more dimensions to the political situation than US/EU vs. Russia. At least we've moved beyond what how it would have been pitched in Ronnie's day - as a fight between capitalism and communism over Ukraine's soul.
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 08-13-2014 at 01:50 PM.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

Thank you for your perspective, Podfish. It is excellent as always.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    labeling an interest in finding out more about the Ukrainian situation as searching for a "hidden story" trivializes it. It implicitly accepts a conspiratorial world view...

7. TopTop #5
    arthunter

Podfish,

We are in a situation in this country in which whistle-blowers are jailed, journalists are silenced, and paid shills are populating our online forums … this is not conspiracy, it's fact … if this is not hiding the truth then I don't know what is ….

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    labeling an interest in finding out more about the Ukrainian situation as searching for a "hidden story" trivializes it. It implicitly accepts a conspiratorial world view.

I'm interested in answers to the question as posed, though - to maybe put words in Edward's mouth (though I think I'm just paraphrasing), what would be the motivations behind an alleged U.S. interest in destabilizing Ukraine?

Even without inferring nefarious motives in those who control of the "mainstream news", it's hard to claim that the media in this country gives thorough coverage to international issues. Everything is warped to fit most Americans' parochial interests - what does it mean to me? - and filtered as if the ways it touches on U.S. policy is central. The world's full of things that ain't about us. Sebastopol is sister city to Chihirin, and I've had people from there stay with me. I only got a small window into what it might be like to live in a place that is clearly not the U.S. They were at least as different from us Waccos as Texans are, though maybe a bit easier to understand. I'm sure the way we're hearing about the political situation in the Ukraine isn't giving us all that much insight into how it looks from there. And I'm equally sure that there are a lot more dimensions to the political situation than US/EU vs. Russia. At least we've moved beyond what how it would have been pitched in Ronnie's day - as a fight between capitalism and communism over Ukraine's soul.

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #6
    Valley Oak

This is fascinating, Art Hunter!

Could you please name some shills who are here on Wacco???

Thanx!

Podfish,

We are in a situation in this country in which whistle-blowers are jailed, journalists are silenced, and paid shills are populating our online forums … this is not conspiracy, it's fact … if this is not hiding the truth then I don't know what is ….

10. TopTop #7
    arthunter

the only thing that I can tell you with certainty, Edward, is that I am not one of them ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Edward Mendoza: View Post
    This is fascinating, Art Hunter!

Could you please name some shills who are here on Wacco???

Thanx!

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #8
    Valley Oak

As Socrates used to say, "All I know is that I know nothing."

the only thing that I can tell you with certainty, Edward, is that I am not one of them ...