Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jakar

Semi-Disabled Wise Man Seeks Personal Assistant

I've lived my life believing and pretending that i should be able to do what the people around me can do. Now that i know better, i need help re-orienting and re-organizing my life around the reality of my disability and the support that i need. I have someone who cooks and cleans, and someone who does my finances, and i'd like to add a Personal Assistant to my team.

My brain processes information slowly and less completely than most peoples'. It easily gets overstimulated or overwhelmed and shuts down. This often leaves me shy, anxious, overwhelmed and/or unable to function out in the world. I often need the kinds of buffering from the world, guidance and hand-holding that children do. This is what i'm hoping a Personal Assistant can provide for me.

How you can help:

• You can interface with people out in the world for me.
    • You can run some of my errands.
    • You can find and acquire various things that i need, and get rid of things that i don't need anymore.
    • You can help me find my way through the world. For example, i don't know where to find people with similar interests.
    • You can support and encourage me as i venture back out into the world and build a new life around being disabled.
    • You can help me design and implement structures of support for my disability.
    • Research Projects: You can research options and help me make informed, intelligent choices. I have difficulty researching options, sorting through options and thinking of all the important parameters involved in making decisions. Examples: finding the kinds of clothes i want to wear, trying out and purchasing a recumbent bike, looking for an intentional community that might be a supportive place for me to live (given my talents and difficulties).

Some of the qualities i'm looking for in an assistant: grounded, energetic, business savvy, computer and internet savvy, patient, understanding, warm, quick and efficient, problem solver, people person, works with a professional attitude and a personal connection.

More about me: I'm a 54 year old, Aquarian man. I'm deep, peaceful, capricious, strong and authentic. I'm a transition and transformation consultant - i help people dance with the forces and dynamics of change in their lives. I live outside the box of our dominant paradigm. I live a magical life in a down-to-earth way.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: