Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jane Eldridge

Therapist wanting to set up healing farm for at risk childrne

I have a dream to collaborate with others to create a farm that would be a healing place for children at risk to learn and grow. I am a CA licensed therapist (MFT) and am a lover of all kinds of animals...and would love to set up a farm that would support children to build self esteem, to learn self love and love of others., to develop inner connection and connecting in healthy ways with pets and humans...all working together to support love and peace in our trouble children.. Could be a place for service animals and all kinds of farm animals to support children's needs for healing. Also a place where children can learn how to grow organic produce and plant trees....Learning respect for Mother Earth. Also, can offer experience in theatre, supporting children's creativity and build confidence.

I am looking into how I set this up. Any help from knowledgeable folks would be appreciated. I suppose should be non-profit...and want to look into grants and any way I can financially support this project. Also, am investigating with local agencies to see how I might tie in to their services for children at risk, or foster kids...or any children who want to be involved...Also,would support children to learn how to make healthy choices, learn how to trust, work responsibly with others, and learn clear communication skills...and also trained therapists and loving folks who want to help mentor children in need. Also, great for all children to get involved...in a loving and peaceful environment.

I am a local, raised in Occidental, and went to Analy High....know this area well and love all the great changes. I would like to be close to Sebastopol, if possible, and I think a home with some outbuildings and facilities for animals. If you own such a property and want to get involved that would be great. I know there are many loving and supportive folks here in Sonoma County and I know this will happen....I feel very motivated and inspired!

Please call me or email 707-322-1826 or [email protected] and lets talk and see what happens. There may be some of you already doing this kind of work...would like to know who you are. So please help me network....thank you. Jane Eldridge
    Last edited by Jane Eldridge; 11-02-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: change phone #
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: