Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Thomas Morabito

Will Efren be removed from board of Sonoma Clean Power?

Thursday's Sonoma County Clean Power meeting 8:45 a.m. at The Board of Sups

Item #7 on the agenda: Discussion and possible action to remove Board Member

https://2tgc4v3kjp5mrjtdo183d8716ao....ls-AMENDED.pdf
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Thomas Morabito

Re: Will Efren be removed from board of Sonoma Clean Power?

The board of directors of Sonoma Clean Power voted Thursday to request that Sonoma County Supervisor Efren Carrillo be removed from his board post with the agency, saying his arrest last year and subsequent acquittal on charges of attempting to peek into a female neighbor's home have made him a distraction for the new public electricity provider. (PD on-line edition 7/10)
    Last edited by Thomas Morabito; 07-11-2014 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Credit

4. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

5. TopTop #3
    gardenmaniac

it would be awesome for the Board of Supes followed their lead and took the same action, might even restore my faith in the electoral process ...

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    wisewomn

I read in today's paper that David Rabbit, who not only appointed Carrillo to Sonoma Clean Power but who also is the only person who can remove him from that agency, has stated that he has no intention of acting on SCP's request. In other words, Rabbitt is letting Carrillo continue to get off with no real repurcussions for his appalling behavior. This despite Rabbitt's vote earlier this year with the rest of the Board that Carrillo resign.

I just sent an email to Rabbitt expressing my strong disappointment in his decision. In case anyone on this thread would like to do the same, here is his address: [email protected]<davi...oma-county.org

The PD noted that "Carrillo called SCP's request a waste of time and walked out before the vote was taken."

As a footnote, I recently spoke to a County employee who said that Carrillo has long been known in County circles as a "player" (bars, parties, chasing women) and that he had already accosted the same woman once before the peeking incident but that it had not been reported.

8. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

9. TopTop #5

I have just sent Mr. Rabbitt an email in support of keeping Efren Carrillo on the Sonoma Clean Power board. I am ashamed of the continued ill will of the West County progressive community, which I've been part of for many years. Enough is enough.

Carrillo's role in SCP has been important, and will continue to be so in the absence of ongoing foaming of the mouth, and hopefully despite it.

And please, can we have the integrity not to post gossip. Hearsay accusations suck.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    I read in today's paper that David Rabbit, who not only appointed Carrillo to Sonoma Clean Power but who also is the only person who can remove him from that agency, has stated that he has no intention of acting on SCP's request. In other words, Rabbitt is letting Carrillo continue to get off with no real repercussions for his appalling behavior. This despite Rabbitt's vote earlier this year with the rest of the Board that Carrillo resign.

I just sent an email to Rabbitt expressing my strong disappointment in his decision. In case anyone on this thread would like to do the same, here is his address: [email protected]<davi...oma-county.org

The PD noted that "Carrillo called SCP's request a waste of time and walked out before the vote was taken."

As a footnote, I recently spoke to a County employee who said that Carrillo has long been known in County circles as a "player" (bars, parties, chasing women) and that he had already accosted the same woman once before the peeking incident but that it had not been reported.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-12-2014 at 02:26 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

11. TopTop #6
    juna

I totally agree with Sandoak. You said it well.

June
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandoak: View Post
    I have just sent Mr. Rabbitt an email in support of keeping Efren Carrillo on the Sonoma Clean Power board. I am ashamed of the continued ill will of the West County progressive community, which I've been part of for many years. Enough is enough.

Carrillo's role in SCP has been important, and will continue to be so in the absence of ongoing foaming of the mouth, and hopefully despite it.

And please, can we have the integrity not to post gossip. Hearsay accusations suck.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-13-2014 at 01:35 PM.

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #7
    wisewomn

What you misconstrue as "ill will" is for many of us a strong desire for accountability by Carrillo. He has demonstrated very poor judgment and a questionable lack of character while terrorizing an innocent woman. He has suffered no serious consequences, or even minor ones, because of that behavior.

Accountability has nothing to do with forgiveness or compassion. You can have the latter two and still require accountability. Given Carrillo's imperviousness to public humiliation (we've seen no sign of humility from him), it's obvious that he's not taken accountability for his actions--that is, he has not lost or given up anything as a consequence. This is why so many of us continue to demand it.

As for your "hearsay," I suppose you feel the same way about witness testimony?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandoak: View Post

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: