Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dustyg

Palm Drive meetings?

Wondering where the free speech reporting is on the recent Palm Drive meetings? One, I think a week ago?, was to reveal more about the finances....I believe last night's was scheduled for the Teen Center on Morris St. Did anyone attend? Where are the comments and ideas on the progress that is being made, or not, to open Palm Drive again.

I admit that I still have no confidence in the Board of Directors that shut down the hospital. I don't believe they will give every idea open and full consideration, in case it would make their decision to shut down the hospital look premature and imprudent.

Any news please on recent meetings....I can't attend at night, thanks....a long-time supporter and user of Palm Drive hospital..
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Palm Drive meetings?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dustyg: View Post
    Wondering where the free speech reporting is on the recent Palm Drive meetings? One, I think a week ago?, was to reveal more about the finances....I believe last night's was scheduled for the Teen Center on Morris St. Did anyone attend? Where are the comments and ideas on the progress that is being made, or not, to open Palm Drive again.

I admit that I still have no confidence in the Board of Directors that shut down the hospital. I don't believe they will give every idea open and full consideration, in case it would make their decision to shut down the hospital look premature and imprudent.

Any news please on recent meetings....I can't attend at night, thanks....a long-time supporter and user of Palm Drive hospital..
    I have not attended any of the meetings. Has anybody else???

The upcoming meetings are:

4. TopTop #3
    Dogenzip

Question: Are these Palm Drive meetings merely a public relations effort or is there some real movement to reopening the hospital with an ER in partnership with the physicians groups?

5. TopTop #4
    Tinkerbell

There are two sets of Palm Drive meetings - The Palm Drive Board, and the Palm Drive Foundation. I have heard that those conducting the board meetings don't listen to the community's needs. I believe that the Foundation meetings are more open to community needs and that these people are interested in finding a way to reopen with an ER, by partnering with other organizations, and by specializing so that it can be financially solvent.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by artur: View Post
    Question: Are these Palm Drive meetings merely a public relations effort or is there some real movement to reopening the hospital with an ER in partnership with the physicians groups?

6. TopTop #5
    Glia

Since the final "listening tour" meeting on Saturday the 12th coincides with the latest Andy Lopez shooting protest, is there any way to submit written comments to whomever is listening in lieu of attending in-person?
    Last edited by Glia; 07-17-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: grammar correction

7. TopTop #6
    jewelbridge

I don't follow the purpose of these Palm Drive meetings and hundreds of signs? I was told we need 6 million to re-open and 4 million every year to keep the hospital running??? Where are the funds?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    Since the final "listening tour" meeting on Saturday the 12th coincides with the latest Andy Lopez shooting protest, is there any way to submit written comments to whoever is listening in lieu of attending in-person?

8. TopTop #7
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Since the final "listening tour" meeting on Saturday the 12th coincides with the latest Andy Lopez shooting protest, is there any way to submit written comments to whoever is listening in lieu of attending in-person?
    From Marsha Sue Lustig:

Barry,

Thank you for letting me know that there are people who are not able to attend one of the four "listening sessions" but still wish to send written comments.

Comments can be emailed to Palm Drive Health Care District Executive Director Daymon Doss at: [email protected]

We have been very encouraged by the creative ideas and high level of interest in what might be next for Palm Drive being expressed by those attending the sessions. It will take the work of many to get the District back on track.

Marsha Sue Lustig, President Palm Drive Hospital Health Care District
    Last edited by Barry; 07-12-2014 at 02:25 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #8
    frlee41

By the way... It costs nearly as much to be a patient at Santa Rosa Memorial's Urgent Care facilities as it did to use Palm Drive's ER. It seems to me that if an ER is not achieved then the taxpayers will vote out the tax they are paying.

Oh and many employees are still owed thousands of dollars in wages vis-a-vis their PTO. So much for "We deeply care about our patients and employees."

11. TopTop #9
    Glia

Wonderful detective work on this, Barry! Thank you.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    From Marsha Sue Lustig:
    Barry,

Thank you for letting me know that there are people who are not able to attend one of the four "listening sessions" but still wish to send written comments.

Comments can be emailed to Palm Drive Health Care District Executive Director Daymon Doss at: [email protected]

We have been very encouraged by the creative ideas and high level of interest in what might be next for Palm Drive being expressed by those attending the sessions. It will take the work of many to get the District back on track.

Marsha Sue Lustig, President Palm Drive Hospital Health Care District

12. TopTop #10
    Dustyg

Yes, I agree, thank you Barry. Without your posting, I would not have known about this last meeting.

I did attend, and was both encouraged and discouraged. I was encouraged by the fervor and faith that the community showed in working with the issues to OPEN Palm Drive Hospital--at least the ER and Critical Care (as required by law?). Discouraged by the presentation at the head of the meeting by the two BOD members leading the meeting...but particularly by Nancy Dobb's presentation.

Marsha Sue Lustig basically kicked it off with an update on the fact that they Board has put out requests for proposals (RFP's) and is waiting for responses right now regarding how/if to reopen PDH. Nancy Dobb's follow up presentation was a highly theoretical, enthusiastic pitch on what the elements of good health are (non-smoking, eating vegetables and fruits, etc) and I think she totally misses the boat on what the community wants and needs....ER at the very least.

In fact, after we had broken up into groups and discussed how we could see it all operating in the future, and timelines, etc., the very last person to speak from the community simply got up and said, very assertively.....and I don't quote exactly here..."WE WANT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE THE SAME COMMITMENT AND ENTHUSIASM TO REOPEN THE HOSPITAL AS YOU SEE HERE TODAY?".....Marsha Sue Lustig answered, "yes, of course" and Nancy Dobbs hesitated, and was asked to reply, she then said rather quietly "well, yes, IF, of course, there is the money......" and so it went.

I think there could have been a bigger turnout (it was fine) if the BOD had not advertised it as a 'Listening Session' since they had planned to make a short presentation, then let everyone divide into groups with facilitators writing and talk about concerns, then report those during the meeting and even ask questions of the Board members present.

There were, by the way, two or three other Board members present who sat in the general group with the public....I don't know why it was set up that way....So, as I started by saying, I was both encouraged (by us) and discouraged by what seems to be, at least for Nancy Dobbs, a speculative journey into health and social education rather than to reopen our hospital to care for the many folks who DO have urgent and critical health problems and emergencies.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #11
    edie

Wonderful detective work on this, Barry! Thank you.

I understand that the Palm Drive Hospital is so much in debt that it will not be possible to open again.
    Are these meetings just a hopeful get together of wishful thinking?