Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Nominations for Sebastopol City Council

Who would you like to see appointed to the Sebastopol City Council and why?

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Nominations for Sebastopol City Council

OK, I'll go first.

Of course if Una Glass (Michael's widow) was willing she should be the appointee for a multitude of reasons, including that she is extraordinarily well qualified and no doubt she is largely up to speed already.

If Una doesn't apply, my next thought would be a former council member, especially one that wasn't interested in running for a full term after this 5-month opening is done. Former councilmembers would have a much shorter "coming up to speed" period, and appointing someone who doesn't want a full term would avoid giving someone a clear advantage in the general election.

I reached out to Larry Robinson, but he demurred. Craig Litwin also comes to mind (but I could see him running for the full term, which may not be a bad idea). I'm sure there are several other former councilmembers who would be appropriate if they were willing.

That said, I'm sure some of you have some other ideas of who would make a good choice. I have other suggestions as well that I'll post later.

Applicants need to reside inside the city limit. Don't worry about that for now when nominating somebody. If there seems to be substantial support for somebody I'll try to run down if they live in the city limits and if they are considering applying.

Barry

3. TopTop #3
    Bryan

Barry - why don't you run?

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    twodogs

There is little need to appoint anyone except to give whomever is appointed an advantage should they run for the full seat in November. Arguments that without a tie-breaking vote council action could possibly be stymied on key issues belies the fact the remaining four council members share almost a unanimity of thought and voting records.

6. Gratitude expressed by: