Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    shalimar1

New Wacco Feedback

I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING i WANT ANYMORE. THE DAILY DIGEST IS A PAIN. I PREFERRED THE OLD E-MAILS.this is not the wacco that I joined originally and seems to have become a for profit venture. Obviously, since you can't seem to get the number of people to join that you had before, it is not working. I never read the daily digest because it is just too confusing. It is a shame that you took something that was working so well and destroyed it in the name of profit. i HOPE SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH A NEW BULLETIN BOARD TO REPLACE THIS TERRIBLE MISTAKE YOU HAVE MADE.
    Last edited by ingo; 08-12-2005 at 06:50 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    gandalf

Re: New Wacco Sucks

Jeez, why bother. Hit "New Posts" a couple times a day and it's all there, just like before. No problems.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by shalimar1:
    I CANNOT FIND ANYTHING i WANT ANYMORE. THE DAILY DIGEST IS A PAIN. I PREFERRED THE OLD E-MAILS.this is not the wacco that I joined originally and seems to have become a for profit venture. Obviously, since you can't seem to get the number of people to join that you had before, it is not working. I never read the daily digest because it is just too confusing. It is a shame that you took something that was working so well and destroyed it in the name of profit. i HOPE SOMEONE CAN COME UP WITH A NEW BULLETIN BOARD TO REPLACE THIS TERRIBLE MISTAKE YOU HAVE MADE.

3. TopTop #3
    Deb

Re: New Wacco Feedback

Obviously, since you can't seem to get the number of people to join that you had before, it is not working. It is a shame that you took something that was working so well and destroyed it in the name of profit.
    The numbers are this...
    waccobb.net 835 members
    wacco-bb@yahoo 554 members

I would guess that the old membership consisted of many inactive people and that these new numbers will continue to grow.

While money comes in to the equation here at bb.net, the intention is more than that. (and what is wrong with a person creating something they can make a little money with anyway?) The vision that I see with this website is that it is a way to connect with our community in a much more organized and efficient way. We recognize there is a learning curve and are doing our best to get folks comfortable. The yahoo list has limitations which have been addressed here. If you like it the other way, you are welcome to be part of that. If you would like to contribute something positive here, you are welcome here as well.

As Ingo has said, Barry and the moderators are interested in hearing about what is not working so we can make things better for you. This category is called "Feedback", not "Let's Bash Barry." Please check your hostility.

Thanks for you consideration.
    Deb
    (moderator)

4. TopTop #4
    Mrs. Wacco
    Behind every great man...

I just want to say I am appalled that anyone in this community would post something this destructive and nasty in tone.

if you don't like this, don't use it. or make a constructive suggestion, or just voice what is difficult to handle. but leave the vitriolic language behind.

5. TopTop #5
    Mallory

Wow - guess what - your prayers are answered - there is a new yahoo group waiting for you to join up. Scroll through the posts and you will find it.

Enjoy!

Perhaps you can query yahoo (while you are at it) and find out why they arbitrarily dismissed the old group AND your concerns as a user.

Maybe you think they should continue to have the power to punt groups. And of course - they are not in the business of making a profit.

Mallory