Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jo Spencer

Needed: book lay-out

This is the problem; I have published seven novels with Create Space. They are set in Kentucky in the 1800's; and they are in libraries and a few stores there. My cousin was doing the lay-out, and then I took over. I am working with Microsoft Word Starter and their technician just told me they can't help me with this.

The first pages are the title page and copyright page; these pages should not have numbers at the bottom. The text starts on page 5 and that is the first page that should have a number. How do I remove page numbers from the first 4 pages? If someone has a program that can fix this problem, I will pay $20.00 for each novel.

I am so aggravated!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Karl Frederick

Re: Needed: book lay-out

Jo, I think all you need to do is to put a section break at the end of the current fourth page, then on any page before that break, go to View | Header and Footer and delete the page number. I can talk you through it in a jiff if you need coaching. No $$ needed!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jo Spencer: View Post
    This is the problem; I have published seven novels with Create Space. They are set in Kentucky in the 1800's; and they are in libraries and a few stores there. My cousin was doing the lay-out, and then I took over. I am working with Microsoft Word Starter and their technician just told me they can't help me with this.

The first pages are the title page and copyright page; these pages should not have numbers at the bottom. The text starts on page 5 and that is the first page that should have a number. How do I remove page numbers from the first 4 pages? If someone has a program that can fix this problem, I will pay $20.00 for each novel.

I am so aggravated!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email