Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Amazonian

How to start a neighborhood organization

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on how to start a neighborhood organization to purchase property for use by the public? I'm interested in starting a community garden / park / open space. I have land in mind, but I'll have to do some fundraising. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Kelly
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dr Pam

Re: Seeking a community farm -- or those who want to start one

Quote Amazonian wrote: View Post
    Hi,

I'm interested in creating a local organic farm. I was not thinking for commercial purposes but rather for those who are members to grow their own food. I have been trying to grow my own food in my back yard. I'm doing okay with some plants, but I don't really get enough sun to grow everything that I'd like. I imagine a place where the members would put in a certain number of hours on the farm and we'd all split the goods. I was thinking maybe some animals too. I think it would be fun to be able to get together and learn from each other and grow our own food. Maybe we could even have a community meal every once in a while. Anyway, if anyone knows of something like this or is interested in getting one started, please let me know!

Thanks!
    Kelly
    I have a half acre of flat land I won't be using 4 at least a couple of years that I'd love to see some planting on. There are already some fruit trees. It's in Guerneville next to a Korbell vineyard so I can't promise organic. Some of their spray would probably come over the fence.

Email me back channel if you wish to discuss.

Dr Pam
    Stockton

3. TopTop #3
    Jude Iam

For a few months, folks have been meeting to form an intentional community. Join us.
    To be on the meet-up list, send your name to Stelberg, Christian - [email protected]
    Best, Jude
    Last edited by Bella Stolz; 05-09-2014 at 03:29 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    ErikaLynn

I would like to help with the farm! I am out in Guerneville as well though.

Hi Jude, I'd like to be added to that list. What intentional communities there are here won't talk to me.