Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Digest cutoff moved to 11am so Barry can hit the beach!

Whew!

I've been scramblin' for 7-months straight, ever since my 86 y/o Mom fell and re-broke her hip in Orange County. I've attended to her various medical, support and housing needs since then. I moved her 7 times, including 2 real estate transactions and handling her various other practical needs.

During this period my literally crazy sister was evicted from an independant living arrangement in Hollywood that my mom had setup. I needed to take control of her situation which included an involuntary stay at 2 psychiatric hospitals and then moving her into 2 psychiatric board and cares.

All while trying to keep the Wacco wheels spinning, for the most part....

I got back home few days ago just in time to celebrate Mrs. Wacco's 60th Birthday this past weekend and we're heading off to Maui to reconnect, celebrate and chill.

I've promised to go offline by noon each day, so I've moved the digest cutoff time to 11am so I'll have a chance to review it before it goes out (also a bit earlier). [ I forgot to factor in the time change, so the standard Noon schedule will work just fine.]

I'll provide support as possible, which isn't going be much. I'll be fully back online by May 5th.

Thank you for your patience!

See you on the other side (unless I can't resist adding my regarding Efren's trial )

Here's some info that just came in that needs to go out today so I'm just going to include it here:

THE FULL PROPOSAL to SAVE PALM DRIVE HOSPITAL

The doctor’s group working to keep Palm Drive Hospital open has submitted their full proposal for consideration by the District Board. That Board’s meeting for public comments is this Wednesday, April 23rd (tentatively at noon – location TBD). Click here for the Executive Summary of the proposal, or here for the Full Proposal including Financials.

To receive notice of the time and place for Wednesday’s meeting and other late-breaking news about our effort to save the hospital, please do one of the following: send your email address to us at [email protected] or “like” our Facebook Page, which is updated daily.

~ Debbie
    Last edited by Barry; 04-22-2014 at 02:00 PM.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Sara S
    Auntie Wacco

Re: Digest cutoff moved to 11am so Barry can hit the beach!

Just got an email from French Garden, and the meeting is at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts, 282 S. High Street, from 12-2pm.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-23-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email