Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Terry Rosendahl, RIP

Name:  2014-03-23_12-59-38.jpg
Views: 2550
Size:  32.0 KB
    Terry's body was found in Ragle Park on Friday.

It is believed that he died of natural causes.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20140322/articles/140329873

He was a kind and sweet man.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    WhirledWords
    Supporting Member

Re: Terry Rosendahl, RIP

Terry was much more often smiling than not. He spoke directly and with an open heart. He was connected to his own center. Sail on, Terry.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Name:  2014-03-23_12-59-38.jpg
Views: 2550
Size:  32.0 KB
    Terry's body was found in Ragle Park on Friday.

It is believed that he died of natural causes.

PD Article

He was a kind and sweet man.

Last edited by Barry; 03-24-2014 at 12:24 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Dianala

Does anyone know if there will be a memorial for Terry? Send prayers for his son and family. May he rest in peace!

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #4
    craig mason

There was a beautiful large circle of friends and family in the peace park at Ragle Park yesterday afternoon (Sunday) remembering Terry's playful, loving spirit.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dianala: View Post
    Does anyone know if there will be a memorial for Terry? Send prayers for his son and family. May he rest in peace!

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Investigative Reporter

Hail and farewell, dear Terry!

Terry Rosendahl, a magical, musical, free-spirited friend to me and many in our community, left this life last Friday, at the age of 62, while jogging in beautiful Ragle Park.

He was one of the easiest men I have had the privilege to know: easy to join in, easy to sing freely, easy to dance to his own drummer or with the movement of anyone near him, easy to engage with a smile, easy to pick up whatever was at hand and make sweet music of the soul.

Name:  terry rosendhal.jpg
Views: 2417
Size:  53.4 KB

Just a few weeks ago he joined me and a few friends for an improv music jam in my home. He conscientiously brought a delicious dish for the potluck dinner we started with, and with another friend, we talked about our emotional beings. Separately, each of us talked of the journey that brought us, relatively recently, to a place of intentional love and non-judgmental acceptance, for ourselves, and, with varying degrees of practice, for those around us.

It was a beautiful, nourishing conversation about practicing love and personal freedom.

It surprised me, last year, when Terry and I spoke about politics, and he discussed his nocturnal readings, and awareness of dark, greed-driven forces that shape our governments. I was surprised because Terry rarely talked about politics, or lived as though this cloud of darkness affected him.

Instead, Terry embodied light. He embodied love, acceptance, and living fully the life that the had evolved to live, here in West Sonoma County, embodied in his motion,in his music, in his spirit, in his kinship.

Hail and farewell, Terry, brave soul, beloved friend to many. May your next journey be even more beautiful.

9. TopTop #6
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

A memorial has been organized for Terry this Friday at the Center for Spiritual Living.

More information is here.

10. Gratitude expressed by:

11. TopTop #7
    forveterans49

Re: Hail and farewell, dear Terry!

I never met this man. Your article was so beautifully written that I wished I had known him. Thank you.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Peacetown Jonathan: View Post

Terry Rosendahl, a magical, musical, free-spirited friend to me and many in our community, left this life last Friday, at the age of 62, while jogging in beautiful Ragle Park.

He was one of the easiest men I have had the privilege to know: easy to join in, easy to sing freely, easy to dance to his own drummer or with the movement of anyone near him, easy to engage with a smile, easy to pick up whatever was at hand and make sweet music of the soul.

Name:  terry rosendhal.jpg
Views: 2417
Size:  53.4 KB

Just a few weeks ago he joined me and a few friends for an improv music jam in my home. He conscientiously brought a delicious dish for the potluck dinner we started with, and with another friend, we talked about our emotional beings. Separately, each of us talked of the journey that brought us, relatively recently, to a place of intentional love and non-judgmental acceptance, for ourselves, and, with varying degrees of practice, for those around us.

It was a beautiful, nourishing conversation about practicing love and personal freedom.

It surprised me, last year, when Terry and I spoke about politics, and he discussed his nocturnal readings, and awareness of dark, greed-driven forces that shape our governments. I was surprised because Terry rarely talked about politics, or lived as though this cloud of darkness affected him.

Instead, Terry embodied light. He embodied love, acceptance, and living fully the life that the had evolved to live, here in West Sonoma County, embodied in his motion,in his music, in his spirit, in his kinship.

Hail and farewell, Terry, brave soul, beloved friend to many. May your next journey be even more beautiful.

12. TopTop #8
    Shepherd

Re: Hail and farewell, dear Terry!

Yesterday's memorial service for Terry was very moving. I did not know him well, but I felt good about him and enjoyed being around him. He made genuine and deep connections. Each person who spoke about him did a wonderful job. There was so much love in the sanctuary, as well as good humor. My brother lives in Fargo, from which many of Terry's family came. I am also part Norwegian, and the many males from his family sang a song of tribute to Terry. The service reminded me of when I first moved to Sebastopol over 20 years ago and another man whom I knew slightly had passed. Many hundreds gathered to honor him. One advantage of living in a small, semi-rural town is that when someone dies, the community often gathers to honor that passage. Death can heighten one's love of life.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by forveterans49: View Post
    I never met this man. Your article was so beautifully written that I wished I had known him. Thank you.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-29-2014 at 02:25 PM.

13. Gratitude expressed by 6 members: