I am training my lovely puppy, Henry, who is a 7-month, 50-pound McNab mix. He is a sweet dog, but he loves people and runs up to anyone and wants to jump up on them. I am training him - he doesn't do it on the leash, he is very well behaved. But when I just want him to run and play fetch with me off leash he can get distracted.

When he was younger and smaller, I took him to Ragle Dog park, but until I have him trained enough to NOT jump on people and to respond quickly to my commands, it isn't the most pleasant experience for me or for other people there. Henry loves it, but I am afraid he will knock someone down in his exuberance.

During the winter I ran him up and down our street which is a cul-de-sac so it was safe and fun. But with the warm weather, more people on my street are gardening and out and about, so he goes on their property and runs from me. So back on the leash he goes. Unfortunately, he doesn't get to run that way. I am an older lady and walk him a lot, but he has all this energy.

I love playing ball with him and letting him run, but I have no large, fenced place in which to do that. I am wondering if anyone has an orchard or field that is without animals and large enough for us to use about an hour or two a day so he can explore, play and run off leash. I of course would be with him at all times. I would be able to train him and also get some exercise myself.

I live off Mill Station about a mile from 116. Anywhere in the Sebastopol, Graton or Forestville area is within easy reach for us. Thank you for considering this, Henry and I would be really appreciative.

You can call me at (707) 494-8764 or respond privately to me.

Again, thank you.