Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    eggplant

Rat Exterminator

Does anyone have a recommendation for a business that exterminates rats as well as clean out old insulation from ducts, replace screens to foundation, repair any holes or close off entry, as well as disinfect area - and follow up by trapping any rodents for one month... phew, this seems to be the prevailing wisdom on dealing with rodents.
    I am open to any and all recommendations. Thank you, Jackie, 823-1608
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    AJL

Re: Rat Exterminator

I know that I'm not allowed to recommend myself for jobs here, but I recommend you look for a building performance contractor when it comes to air sealing and duct work. And if you can find a licensed contractor that has liability insurance which you can be added to as an additional insured that will protect you for 10 years. Also BPI certification in building shells and Green Building Professional qualifications may be helpful to ensure that the repair is done with clean Indoor Air Quality as a priority.
    You have a great plan to trap, exclude and clean up. Good luck!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by eggplant: View Post
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a business that exterminates rats as well as clean out old insulation from ducts, replace screens to foundation, repair any holes or close off entry, as well as disinfect area - and follow up by trapping any rodents for one month... phew, this seems to be the prevailing wisdom on dealing with rodents.

3. TopTop #3
    Fillie

Exterminator rx

I used a construction contractor to do the plug-ups and Crown and Shield Exterminators (769-4787). I only opt for the bait boxes as they use a bait that doesn't harm dogs and cats if they come in contact w the mice/rats. They refill the boxes w different flavors every two to three months for $60. After plugging all holes into the house and garage, and using this service, I haven't had any infestation for several years.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by eggplant: View Post

4. TopTop #4

Re: Exterminator rx

Sieg's Abatement Services is probably the best option in Sonoma County. I can't recommend them highly enough. Safe, thorough, efficient, knowledgable, calming, nice, affordable, permanent. I know that Sieg has gone in where other businesses have failed to clean up the problem. GREAT business. 762-7271, 39 Vallejo St., Petaluma, siegsabatement.net.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Fillie: View Post
    I used a construction contractor to do the plug-ups and Crown and Shield Exterminators (769-4787). I only opt for the bait boxes as they use a bait that doesn't harm dogs and cats if they come in contact w the mice/rats. They refill the boxes w different flavors every two to three months for $60. After plugging all holes into the house and garage, and using this service, I haven't had any infestation for several years.