Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #91
    starcloud

Re: Wanted: Dentist

I can recommend Dr. Benstock in Seb.; I've been going to him for years. It's a good scene.
    With aloha,
    Starcloud
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #92
    meherc
    Supporting member

Re: Dentist referral please

I love my dentist, Dr. Gina Fontana, on Sotoyome near Memorial Hospital. I was always afraid of dentists (they do drop things down your throat!) and didn't want to pass that fear on to my kids. she has been wonderful all of these years.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by hlfgrand: View Post

Hi,
    I'm relatively new to the area and desperately need GOOD dentist recommendation. How's about: nice person; reasonable rates; concerned with doing excellent job; assuage my terror.
    Thanks so much,
    Bev

4. TopTop #93
    morna

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MandM: View Post
    I just moved to Santa Rosa and I have been to James J Forni, 4655 Hoen Ave # 5, Santa Rosa. He is not cheap, but the best I've been to. A real pro, very talented. He will listen to you and let you know all that he is about to do and is doing. Very reassuring, very good "bedside" manner. Actually makes you feel good and want to take care of your teeth, no matter what state they are in. Hope this helps.
    I DITTO... Dr. James Forni is the best dentist I've ever had... the best quality and the best customer service. I've had a lot of dentists and I can always know my teeth are getting the best care with him. And when something doesn't come out as he thinks it should (or I think it should) he is on top of it and makes sure it is right. I've never had better quality than with him (and I've had plenty of dentists). He's worth the extra few dollars as it saves in the long run as the quality is so much more with him). He's the best!

5. TopTop #94
    poetichaos

Quote Posted in reply to the post by morna: View Post
    I DITTO... Dr. James Forni is the best dentist I've ever had... the best quality and the best customer service. I've had a lot of dentists and I can always know my teeth are getting the best care with him. And when something doesn't come out as he thinks it should (or I think it should) he is on top of it and makes sure it is right. I've never had better quality than with him (and I've had plenty of dentists). He's worth the extra few dollars as it saves in the long run as the quality is so much more with him). He's the best!
    I have a GREAT dentist in Sebastopol: Silvano Senn -- As a former dental assistant I can tell you he's on the cutting edge of dental procedure. He's also hugely knowledgable about alternative medicine, and I believe he is a licensed naturopath. He does beautiful work for which he has a genuine passion, he's compassionate and gentle as well, and immensely fun to listen to. Going to his office is an upper. His staff are competent, kind and helpful, the prices are medium and the music is very good, if that matters to you. For me, it has been a wonderful experience, coming in contact with Dr. Senn. I'd travel from another state to continue being his patient! (707) 823-9500 --

6. TopTop #95
    PElla

Quote Posted in reply to the post by morna: View Post
    Better than Dr. Silvano Senn in Sebastopol? Holistic and a great guy.

7. TopTop #96
    morna

Quote Posted in reply to the post by PElla: View Post
    Better than Dr. Silvano Senn in Sebastopol? Holistic and a great guy.
    I don't know about Dr. Silvano but I do vouch for Dr. Forni. He's the best. My teeth have never had better care and been so healthy as with him. I'm sure Dr. Silvano is excellent in what he does and I know that I wouldn't change my dentist when I have such great results with Dr. Forni.

8. TopTop #97
    Monk

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Allen: View Post
    I need to find a new dentist in the West Sonoma County Area. We live near Sebastopol. Please tell me why you feel your dentist is good . I need a Blue Cross dentist...but don't worry about that, just give me some names and I will check my Blue Cross list. [I know there is only one member in Sebastopol and that is E.S. Jang.]
    Hi, Welcome to Sebastopol. If you are looking for a progressive forward thinking DDS, I would recommend Dr. Webb.
    *She is a mercury safe dentist ie: with special equipment that removes mercury from the environment (the room and keeps you from exposure too)
    *She uses ozonated O3 water that is a powerful anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral water both in her dentistry and the hygienists use it too.
    *She uses digital very low dose w-rays.
    *She does excellent, meticulous dentistry.
    All this while being a very kind person that really cares about her patients.
    Not sure about insurance, but I would just call....I hope this helps! Good Luck, Monk

9. TopTop #98

Looking for a good, reasonably priced local dentist

Hi, I just need to get my teeth cleaned and checked. Any recommendations? I used to go to the Guerneville Dental Clinic but they're book up for months.

Thanks, Lilith

10. TopTop #99
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Looking for a good, reasonably priced local dentist

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LRogers: View Post
    Hi, I just need to get my teeth cleaned and checked. Any recommendations? I used to go to the Guerneville Dental Clinic but they're book up for months.

Thanks, Lilith
    There were some posts made to this thread on Wednesday, however the Wednesday digest did not got out to many members due to a glitch. If you are interested in this topic please click the website button below (in the digest) to see posts that you may have missed.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
    Barry

11. TopTop #100
    arose

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Allen: View Post
    I need to find a new dentist in the West Sonoma County Area. We live near Sebastopol. Please tell me why you feel your dentist is good . I need a Blue Cross dentist...but don't worry about that, just give me some names and I will check my Blue Cross list. [I know there is only one member in Sebastopol and that is E.S. Jang.]
    First off, Dr. Paul Thielen, next to Grateful Bagel in Sebastopol is the by far best dentist I have ever been to. Trust me I have dental issues, and for over 10 years he has never failed me. I also have learned so much from him about taking care of my teeth. I also can recommend Dr. Bozeman in Santa Rosa for ANY root canal work. I just had my first one done and was amazed at how little pain I had. The entire experience left me feeling less stressed, and I am not afraid of a root canal anymore. They are BOTH are fantastic. Since we are on the topic of teeth, Yes I have a great recommendation for an orthodontist. Dr. Cercone. Having experienced both of our local orthodontist, Dr. Cercone saved me the pulling of one of my teeth, and didn't charge me for every evaluation necessary to do the work. All three are a great resource, you won't be dissapointed. ali rose

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #101
    alanora

Dr Catalon in Santa Rosa is my best bet. Stephanie, the hygienist in his office, spent hours deep planing, etc. Very little pain, excellent job. Costly, good care. I have never had a root canal that worked, btw.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arose: View Post
    First off, Dr. Paul Thielen, next to Grateful Bagel in Sebastopol is the by far best dentist I have ever been to. Trust me I have dental issues, and for over 10 years he has never failed me. I also have learned so much from him about taking care of my teeth. I also can recommend Dr. Bozeman in Santa Rosa for ANY root canal work. I just had my first one done and was amazed at how little pain I had. The entire experience left me feeling less stressed, and I am not afraid of a root canal anymore. They are BOTH are fantastic. Since we are on the topic of teeth, Yes I have a great recommendation for an orthodontist. Dr. Cercone. Having experienced both of our local orthodontist, Dr. Cercone saved me the pulling of one of my teeth, and didn't charge me for every evaluation necessary to do the work. All three are a great resource, you won't be dissapointed. ali rose

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #102
    peacetree

Dear Neighbors,
    When Imoved up here fulltime a few years ago I asked around for a good dental referral. I knew I had had a great dentist in SF and was uncertain who to choose off my health plan ( Delta Dental) When 3 out of the first 3 friends I trusted referred me into Santa Rosa to the same dentist, I listened up. I went to their dentist, Dr Butrica, and was very very happy.He is a calm, gentle, very careful dentist, very conscious of your comfort. His staff is excellent,and I had one of the best dental cleanings I have ever had there.( and the last time this was done around full braces upper and lower, a pretty tough job, I would think) His number is 528-8400.By the way, they have their own free parking there, right in front of their office, so it was very easy.I didn't think I could ever be as happy with a dentist as the one I had had in SF for years, but I am glad to say Dr Butrica is a gem!
    Incidentally, I very recently found out I needed braces ( apparently, my lower teeth started some sort of tango, after spending my first 62 years perfectly straight. This is another well kept secret of aging:
    Your teeth, especially the lowers, can have a tendency to move around a lot,( for no good reason, in my opinion!). In my case it was causing the middle lower to shave and chip off bits of the back of my upper middle front teeth.It was likely to be either braces now or a replacement of the 2 front middle teeth later!!! yikes!!! Anyway, I did the same survey of many local friends for orthodontic care and got referrals all to the same , fabulous kind and professional orthodontist, Dr Woo, who is a very personable orthodontist in Sebastopol.
    Dr Woo , has offices in 2 places: Sebastopol and Petaluma. Dr Woo not only came highly recommended by parents of kids with braces , but another adult like me who had had the same type of problem in her early 60's.
    Incidentally, I went to a couple other orthodontists who I had also heard of from a couple of folks, and found out that the price significantly varied. As orthodontic care is sooooo expensive , it was wonderful to find out his price, for the same work ,was over $600. less than the others I had gone to to check out up here. I am very happy I choose him, and can highly recommend both him and his staff.
    Good luck with your tooth fairy explorations

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #103
    cocreator

Testimonial For "Dentist Wanted" Thread

Hello Community ~

I've had repeated issues with one molar that has had amalgam removal, an onlay for a cavity, a laser root canal and crown for the dead root (created by the prior procedure) and now, half the tooth broken off after eating a multigrain chip. I searched the dentist thread to locate some recommended providers, and phoned each office to inquire about a brief meeting with the dentist, since I want to form an ongoing dental relationship once this immediate problem is resolved.

Out of the 5 dental offices I phoned, only one office manager agreed that I could meet with the dentist at no charge. Note that this was not an exam, but a brief consult to see the office, meet the dentist, share the issue at hand and see whether we were a fit. While I ultimately selected another provider because I wanted a biological dentist, given other health concerns, I want to acknowledge Dr. Scott Benstock and his office manager, Wendy, for their exemplary patient service attitude. I'm sure, as other Waccovians have stated on this thread, that Dr. Benstock is a fine family dentist, because he demonstrated this care in meeting with me. In addition, the office offers a very reasonable new patient exam fee, lower than many other dental offices. As someone without dental insurance, this was also a major plus.

If anyone wants to know who else I contacted and the feedback, please email me privately through Wacco.

Thanks, and blessings All!

18. TopTop #104
    Tumbleweed

DENTIST RECOMMENDATION please URGENT

I am dealing with chronic thirst (not diabetes)

It is affecting my teeth... and already had 2 cavities.

Can someone please refer me to a GOOD dentist please?

Much thanks!

19. TopTop #105
    caromia333

Re: DENTIST RECOMMENDATION please URGENT

BEST dentist in Sonoma County in my opinion - I've been going to him for 15+ years is Dr. Minye.
    Eco conscious dentist who is very caring, generous, NOT expensive and really gives a hoot about his patience.
    He took out all my mercury filings many moons ago - and doesn't do things unless he thinks its necessary. He often sees work that did NOT have to be done.
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Address: 170 Farmers Ln, Santa Rosa, CA 95405
    Phone:(707) 539-8762

20. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

21. TopTop #106
    Dusty

Zen Dental Care

I highly recommend Zen Dental Care.
    Dr. Mirabel Cayco is fabulous. Amelia, the receptionist is a sweetheart. Steffen (sp?), the office manager is amazing. I'm sure the rest of the staff is gracious and kind as well.

After 3 appointments I could not be happier. They were on time and did not keep me waiting for long. They do not double book time slots. I never felt rushed. The staff is kind, attentive, and respectful. All of my dental needs were addressed. The location is not far from Sebastopol, it's on Guerneville Rd., just a bit east of Fulton Rd. The office is surrounded by trees, plants, flowers, and a small pond with fish.

I'm stoked to have found this Dental office and I encourage you to visit them.

www.zendentalcare.com

Smiles (sans cavities),

Dusty

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #107
    Rita Sue

Dentist referral - Dr. Gerret W. Osendorf - Rincon Family Dental

I have special dental needs, so I've been researching a major amount. Although I need an oral surgeon, in my research I have run across Dr. Osendorf and would like to say that his helpfulness and communication are splendid, and his Yelp reviews are amazing too.

24. Gratitude expressed by: