Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Beverly Schenck

Re: Efren charged with "misdemeanor peeking"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Victoria Street: View Post
    Disappointed, but not surprised. Not guilty?! Slimeball...
    The blinds moving awoke the women who called 911 twice. The story in the Press Democrat noted that the screen had been cut. A man in his underwear was banging on the door of his neighbor in the early morning, that man happen to be supervisor of the fifth district of Sonoma County. Now, Efren is charged with peeking, he didn't cut the screen window and the rattling of the blinds was imagined by the victim. If the window blinds were closed, then who moved them to allow Efren the ability to peek? Charging Efren with the offense of peeking is an offense to most women of Sonoma County.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 11 members:

3. TopTop #32
    Jude Iam

just tonight, i ran into a woman who i'd met at the sebastopol grange 5th district meeting, called to voice our thoughts and feeling about what to do about 'our' supervisor. she reminded me of the mother who spoke and told us all about having witnessed having carillo slip his hand beneath her daughter's blouse.

carillo's pattern is consistent and highly disturbing. shunting it all aside is the way of the political machine, complicit with the other branches of government - district attorney and sheriff/police - all working together, for each other rather than the public good, or even justice.

disowned by his own demographic (latino political action committee), dozens/hundreds of his own constituents, loads of people county-wide, and certainly all women who've ever had unwanted weird / threatening /violent sexual experiences from men - ALL THIS IS FOR NOUGHT. the creepy slime ball continues to collect his salary of $154,000 and sit on an elevated seat, literally ABOVE the people of this county, and make decisions/deals… business as usual. the shame is visible in his eyes - AND the eyes of everyone in county government - all have been tainted by letting this go unpunished, REALLY. everyone feels slimed. it is quite palpable.

the lame and insulting comment to those who would have him removed from public office and brought to justice, written here on THIS bb ("what punishment do you want - castration?") offers some insight into how that male sarcastically goes about minimizing the deed and its consequences.

yes: it is truly galling to have crimes committed, and have the perpetrators - if they are well-positioned/connected or wealthy - go free or virtually free. common in all corporate positions of power and all governmental levels, when it is THIS close to home, it feels particularly disgusting and infuriating.
    sincerely, jude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Beverly Schenck: View Post
    The blinds moving awoke the women who called 911 twice. The story in the Press Democrat noted that the screen had been cut. A man in his underwear was banging on the door of his neighbor in the early morning, that man happen to be supervisor of the fifth district of Sonoma County. Now, Efren is charged with peeking, he didn't cut the screen window and the rattling of the blinds was imagined by the victim. If the window blinds were closed, then who moved them to allow Efren the ability to peek? Charging Efren with the offense of peeking is an offense to most women of Sonoma County.

4. TopTop #33
    Victoria Street

Slimeball!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jude iam: View Post
    just tonight, i ran into a woman who i'd met at the sebastopol grange 5th district meeting, called to voice our thoughts and feeling about what to do about 'our' supervisor. She reminded me of the mother who spoke and told us all about having witnessed having carillo slip his hand beneath her daughter's blouse.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #34
    Thad

I get the sentiment that there are those here who would just love to rule a mob.

I have had my opinion changed that the rule by women would be as vengeful as rule by man

7. TopTop #35
    peacetree

I am honestly sick of seeing the eagerness of the mob, as seemingly endlessly represented here, to jump to judgment. We have a court system precisely because of this sort of "decision" making by innuendo.Our court system may seem slow to some, but it does have the affect of slowing the rush to judgment I still see reflected here.

I am a woman who survived a horrendous, and nearly fatal sexual assault many years ago. Though I am not saying this makes me any expert in all matters to do with the law, or justice, I am sick of seeing this constant escalation of character assassination. I am struck by the ability of others to feel they can bypass the whole judicial system in their own minds.

I am really offended that whatever went on that night is somehow equated to an actual assault in the terribly active imaginations of folks who seem to have little else to occupy their time. Whatever went on that night will work it's way out in the court, and in the lives of those who were actually there.

It seems that both sides of this equation are about the business of taking care of issues related to it. Certainly substance abuse and it's treatment is a very integral part of this. So is any sort of counseling which might be helpful to the woman involved.

I personally found counseling and self defense classes (eventually) to be very helpful as a way toward a better life. I also eventually pursued Women's Studies at a local university, and got involved in women's healthcare as a lifelong career. I also helped, as a volunteer, in getting education in my local schools about sex roles and safety in dating, and substance abuse, and its' trajectory. It seemed to be a good way to channel my need to see something positive come out of my experience.

If folks are uninformed about the nature of substance abuse and addiction, and treatment this is an opportunity to take these concerns and study this issue, and become better informed, and hopefully more compassionate. If folks are actually concerned with these issues as a community issue, what about helping out with schools and education to do with any of the relevant issues, (also :substance abuse and its effects on behavior), volunteering at women's shelters, rape counseling centers, or any of the myriad other agencies which could use this excess energy. There are unlimited ways to generate positive change.

I would dearly love to see some mention here of ways this incident has motivated folks to take positive steps to improve our community in some of these ways, and perhaps agencies that are related who offer volunteer opportunities needing new helpers. This is one constructive thing I can see that could help make positive change toward a safer,and more understanding community. Does anyone else have positive suggestions toward a better, more educated, and compassionate community?

Wishing peace, kindness, and compassion to our community........

8. TopTop #36
    Victoria Street

I'm still looking for an example of "mob mentality" that a couple of posters have referred to. In case they were referring to me, I reread my posts several times, as well as those of others - still not finding reference to it. Holding an elected official accountable - yep, I'm guilty of that one. His time in court - of course! I am, however, wary of folks who play the "C" card (Compassion!) while preaching from their own soapbox.

9. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

10. TopTop #37
    boB Phelps

I once attempted to correspond with Efren and his staff, regarding the ethical compromises of voting against the will of your constituents. I was met with confrontational dialog, from the staff and Efren's refusal to call me back or email a response. In observing his political technique and manipulation of the legal process, there is little doubt that he is and always will be a manipulator and a Wolf in Sheep's clothing.

11. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

12. TopTop #38
    dawnaz

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    I get the sentiment that there are those here who would just love to rule a mob.

I have had my opinion changed that the rule by women would be as vengeful as rule by man
    Oh Boy...
    Last edited by Barry; 12-31-2013 at 09:41 AM.

13. TopTop #39
    Thad

The only way to have your day in court is to plead not guilty, if you plead guilty there is no trial, no anything, the judge will sentence to whatever his opinion of the matter is according to sentencing guidelines, its the nature of the beast but its what our Constitution/Bill of Rights allows each and every person in America, the right to confront your accuser in a court of law.

Disappointed, but not surprised. Not guilty?! Slimeball...

14. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

15. TopTop #40
    Victoria Street

16. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

17. TopTop #41

I have received many petitions from change.org, and I've signed most of them.

Having watched Supervisor Carrillo's trial by media, I will be hesitant to sign any of them in the future. I can no longer trust the information change.org sends me, and will tell them so.

18. TopTop #42
    Victoria Street

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandoak: View Post
    I have received many petitions from change.org, and I've signed most of them.

Having watched Supervisor Carrillo's trial by media, I will be hesitant to sign any of them in the future. I can no longer trust the information change.org sends me, and will tell them so.
    I think it's important to note that change.org is just a vehicle for organizations to use for signature gathering, nothing more. It's a good way to have your voice heard on issues that are important to you, and of course, not all issues are! Thank you, sandoak.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-01-2014 at 01:19 PM.

19. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

20. TopTop #43

Good point, Victoria.

Nonetheless, I'm unlikely to sign any change.org petitions in the future - unless I have independent verification of the story presented.

Having watched Efren Carrillo's case develop, I was shocked that change.org was circulating a petition against him. If their other petitions contain a similar mix of scanty facts and hostile fantasy, I will steer clear of them.

I've been learning some hard lessons in applying critical thinking even to those perceived as allies.

Blessings for a kinder and more discerning New Year.

I think it's important to note that change.org is just a vehicle for organizations to use for signature gathering, nothing more. It's a good way to have your voice heard on issues that are important to you, and of course, not all issues are! Thank you, sandoak.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-01-2014 at 01:22 PM.

21. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

22. TopTop #44
    Victoria Street

I received the petition from a private individual - Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't ever remember change.org ever circulating one on their own. Anyway - in the interest of clarity and aside from us having a difference of opinion, I don't see any "scanty facts" or "hostile fantasy" here. This is taken directly from the "petition" on the website:

We, the undersigned, seek to restore respect and dignity to the Board of Supervisors and the 5th Supervisorial District of Sonoma County. It is imperative that Supervisor Efren Carrillo, having been arrested twice in less than a year, resign from office immediately.

His most recent arrest demonstrates that Mr. Carrillo cannot avoid legal trouble. We therefore ask that he no longer represent the 5th District as a member of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors. We strongly believe he is incapable of governing and should instead focus on resolving his personal issues.

For the future of Sonoma County and the office he currently holds, we ask that he do the honorable thing at this time and resign from public office.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandoak: View Post
    Having watched Efren Carrillo's case develop, I was shocked that change.org was circulating a petition against him. If their other petitions contain a similar mix of scanty facts and hostile fantasy, I will steer clear of them.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-01-2014 at 01:24 PM.

23. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

24. TopTop #45
    Jude Iam

wrote privately to sandy, cause we've known each other for quite awhile, then thought, hey, public is ok…so copying here, with some lines added:

hi sandy.
    was hoping to have some in-person words the other evening, regarding all this.
    i'm interested in your 'support' of efren and his case, the reasons for your stance, when all around us are egregious cases of blatant INjustice.
    of course, you're aware of the corruption of courts and other governmental departments when dealing with those with power and money, noting that those who've literally crashed the economy have earned billions (BOTH PRIVATE AND PUBLIC FUNDS /OUR MONEY) for their deeds, AND NOT ONE IS IN PRISON FOR ONE DAY, for example...
    so we'd agree that 'justice' is not actual FOR POLITICOS, yes?
    and this case is clear: justice has not/will not be done.
    or do you believe that it will…?
    really?

AND please know that it is not about lack of compassion (mine and others') for efren (i almost wept when speaking to him in the supervisors' chambers); i have compassion for bush W. and cheney and rice and the rest of those who've sent millions into suffering and/or death. one can have compassion AND STILL WANT THEM IN POSITIONS WHERE THEY CANNOT DO FURTHER HARM TO PEOPLE OR ANYTHING ELSE. AND BROUGHT TO JUSTICE. *REAL JUSTICE*.
    we (those pf us who are politically active) have done what we could regarding bush, cheney, etc. to NO avail (though they cannot visit numerous other countries or they'd be arrested as WAR CRIMINALS).
    apparently the same lack of effect regarding carillo.

hey, sandy - want to bet on the outcome of efren's case?
    want to bet on the outcome of the case of anyone else caught in their underwear at 3am, ripping someone's bedroom window screen?
    if yes, you're on.

i, too, have much else which preoccupies me -personally, professionally, politically - and no doubt, this case will be closed with wrist slap and continuation as supervisor till end of efren's term.

so onwards. lots of other work to do.

may 2014 bring higher integrity for all, greater health in all realms, compassion, love, enlightenment, blessings of all sorts.
    jude

25. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

26. TopTop #46
    Victoria Street

Efren Carrillo is Innocent.
    And this is why:
    Efren was inside the woman's apartment. In fact, he and she had just spent the evening together. As he's getting dressed, he catches her with his cellphone. Perhaps in fun, or perhaps a "tiff" ensued, but she tosses it out her front door into the hallway - "if you want your phone, there it is!" He makes a dash for his phone and she closes the door behind him. Then the conundrum. Realizing the gravity of the situation - there is now a half naked, inebriated man who just happens to be Supervisor Carillo - out in the hallway. Surely the neighbors are peering through their peepholes by now! She panics - she can't open the door to let him in or throw him his clothes because their prying eyes would seal her fate as she joins the ranks of the Monicas, Fawns, etc... He makes his way outside to her bedroom window, hoping to be able to get back in. She panics - somebody has surely seen him by now. She's all about saving face at this point. She tells him through the blinds to leave and go home. He can't - he's half dressed, inebriated. The problem needs to go away. Panic. She calls 911. What's taking them so long! He makes his way to her front door again. Surely the neighbors have been watching! Panic. She calls 911 a second time. He stumbles out of the building...

27. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

28. TopTop #47
    Ted Pole

Not only that, but I'm not even convinced that Efren has a drinking "problem". Sure, HE says he does, but maybe he had been drinking when he decided that. We've all made bad decisions when we were inebriated, and Efren's harsh self-judgement and, let's be honest, amateur diagnosis based on what a few "friends" said to him, is suspect. Sorry, "debatable".

Coupled with Victoria's completely plausable scenario of the events of that evening, it is fairly obvious that Efren is the victim of an orchestrated conspiracy to defame him, ignoring his many years of nearly perfect behaviour as a representative of Sonoma County. And none of us are perfect, so who are we to judge?

Someone should organize a rally, or something.

And this is why:
    Efren was inside the woman's apartment. In fact, he and she had just spent the evening together. As he's getting dressed, he catches her with his cellphone. Perhaps in fun, or perhaps a "tiff" ensued, but she tosses it out her front door into the hallway - "if you want your phone, there it is!" He makes a dash for his phone and she closes the door behind him. T

29. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

30. TopTop #48
    Thad

Your post highlights an aspect of our Judicial system that while justice is supposed to be blind, that everyone is treated equally under the law, not all can afford the talent which would come up with such a plausible defense, which is why a court of law should decide this issue.

And this is why:...

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #49

Endless scenarios such as this and others that have been offered on this Board are the product of overactive imaginations, half truths and exaggerations. We don't know what happened because we were not there.
    What is important is the investigation and the facts derived from it.
    If the prosecutor feels that there is enough proof to convict someone of a crime, then charges are filed. That is how our system works.
    I'm sure we ALL would want to be considered innocent until PROVEN guilty as well as to be protected from those who would do us harm. It may not be a perfect system, but it's what we've got.

Happy New Year Everyone.
    Tom

And this is why:...

33. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

34. TopTop #50
    Shepherd

I totally agree with Tom's important first sentence below about "overactive imaginations, half truths, and exaggerations." I wish people would re-direct their energies to other issues at this point, such as the killing of 13-year-old Andy Lopez by sheriff's deputy Erick Gelhaus. Efren will not resign and a recall effort would be futile, in my opinion. He would win, so why "keep beating a dead horse." He would be vulnerable in the next election cycle, if he decides to run. By then the courts should have a judgment.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tomcat: View Post
    Endless scenarios such as this and others that have been offered on this Board are the product of overactive imaginations, half truths and exaggerations. We don't know what happened because we were not there.

35. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

36. TopTop #51
    meherc
    Supporting member

Well, thank the lord. I stopped reading WACCO for several months because of the plethora of plain uninformed conspiracy theories about Carillo's treatment. We don't know what happened. Saying that he is being favored because his hearing has been postponed several times, it's set for a Friday, it's set for a Friday before a holiday, and on and on is plain imagined favoritism. My trial has still not taken place since my March arrest and Ravitch is sure not favoring me. My hearings have been cancelled, postponed, reset to Fridays -the same thing- so you can interpret anything according to your biases.

Why not give it a rest and, yes, focus on Andy's grieving family and supporting them and letting Ravitch know we are not going to stand for her version of "protecting the community." (by the way, Ravitch has been tormenting our family, adding yet another charge on me in Oct and threatening jail time- if any one feels moved to drop a word in my favor, I'd appreciate it.My hundreth hearing is on Jan 10th). Blessings to the Lopez family. The pain goes on and on.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shepherd: View Post
    I totally agree with Tom's important first sentence below about "overactive imaginations, half truths, and exaggerations." I wish people would re-direct their energies to other issues at this point, such as the killing of 13-year-old Andy Lopez by sheriff's deputy Erick Gelhaus. Efren will not resign and a recall effort would be futile, in my opinion. He would win, so why "keep beating a dead horse." He would be vulnerable in the next election cycle, if he decides to run. By then the courts should have a judgment.
    Last edited by Barry; 01-02-2014 at 02:25 PM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

37. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

38. TopTop #52
    Victoria Street

In the interest of seeking the truth, I realized that with all of the posts on this thread, there really weren't any that, in my opinion, effectively held water. I searched for the "endless scenarios" several posters referred to. There are opinions galore (held in a death grip I might add!) from both "sides", but based on what, really? Why, even I called him a slimeball several posts back - twice! But based on what?

So I decided to do an about face and with my "over active imagination", come up with a scenario that would support the view in opposition to mine - his innocence. To my surprise, and quite unexpectedly, a scenario developed that, I believe, is quite plausible. I commend all of the astute posters who brought to my attention the observation that "we don't know what happened because we weren't there" (brilliant!). Or, those who feel that this thread is a waste of time, and "wish people would direct there energy to other issues" while ironically enough, not only following this thread themselves - but posting on it! You guys are hilarious! (Tip: there's an orange button at the bottom of the email updates that says "Stop Email Updates". Click on that...)

In the end, I honestly don't know where I stand with the Efren Carrillo case. I do, however, appreciate thoughtful dialogue with thinking people.

And this is why:

39. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

40. TopTop #53
    meherc
    Supporting member

Well, as Gomer Pyle would say "Surprise, surprise." I checked my court docket after posting the Efren comments, and the DA had added a surprise hearing for me on this Friday. Neither I nor my attorney were notified. This , in addition to the one on the 10th. Does that make me the favored one or the hunted? Or just the poor schlepp caught like a fly in this lousy legal web?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    Well, thank the lord. I stopped reading WACCO for several months because of the plethora of plain uninformed conspiracy theories about Carillo's treatment. We don't know what happened. Saying that he is being favored because his hearing has been postponed several times, it's set for a Friday, it's set for a Friday before a holiday, and on and on is plain imagined favoritism. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 01-02-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Marilyn Meshak Herczog, EA

41. TopTop #54
    Shandi

Victoria,

Thank you for presenting another perspective on what actually might have happened, and is very believable.

If anyone in our community has been at the end of finger pointing circumstantial evidence, they might understand.

Things are not always what they appear to be.....Andy Lopez proved that.

Let those who have never broken any law, or endangered others with their behavior, step up and show themselves.

As Jesus said "Let those cast the first stone."

And this is why:

42. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

43. TopTop #55
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    Let those who have never broken any law, or endangered others with their behavior, step up and show themselves.

As Jesus said "Let those cast the first stone."
    all right, let's not stone him. But no way he's off the hook just because I've been bad too. Or am I now free to run amok 'cuz of his bad behavior???

44. Gratitude expressed by:

45. TopTop #56
    rossmen

ravitch has a rep among those who work in the system as a scattered manager. my own experience is that sentencing is taking longer. thats why she has competition for re-election. you seem like one of the targeted ones because of challenging the process. stay strong and you will win, just like your son.

our criminal justice system, originating from feudal justice where knights (lawyers), jousted for the pleasure of kings (judges), has only slightly evolved. steadfast fortitude and chivalry, with a pure heart and keen eye for weakness in the opponent, means a great deal on the legal battlefield.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by meherc: View Post
    Well, as Gomer Pyle would say "Surprise, surprise." I checked my court docket after posting the Efren comments, and the DA had added a surprise hearing for me on this Friday. Neither I nor my attorney were notified. This , in addition to the one on the 10th. Does that make me the favored one or the hunted? Or just the poor schlepp caught like a fly in this lousy legal web?

46. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

47. TopTop #57
    rossmen

lots have speculated as you, a lovers spat. efren had an explaination the nite in question, while he has not shared it with the public, the police did not believe him. they chose to trust the woman, after several hours of investigation by the sexual assault team. if i, as a male bodied person, speculated as you do, i would not call myself a feminist, as i do. appreciate your gender privilege.

In the interest of seeking the truth, I realized that with all of the posts on this thread, there really weren't any that, in my opinion, effectively held water. I searched for the "endless scenarios" several posters referred to. There are opinions galore (held in a death grip I might add!) from both "sides", but based on what, really? Why, even I called him a slimeball several posts back - twice! But based on what?

So I decided to do an about face and with my "over active imagination", come up with a scenario that would support the view in opposition to mine - his innocence. To my surprise, and quite unexpectedly, a scenario developed that, I believe, is quite plausible. I commend all of the astute posters who brought to my attention the observation that "we don't know what happened because we weren't there" (brilliant!). Or, those who feel that this thread is a waste of time, and "wish people would direct there energy to other issues" while ironically enough, not only following this thread themselves - but posting on it! You guys are hilarious! (Tip: there's an orange button at the bottom of the email updates that says "Stop Email Updates". Click on that...)

In the end, I honestly don't know where I stand with the Efren Carrillo case. I do, however, appreciate thoughtful dialogue with thinking people.

48. TopTop #58
    Victoria Street

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rossmen: View Post
    lots have speculated as you, a lovers spat. efren had an explaination the nite in question, while he has not shared it with the public, the police did not believe him. they chose to trust the woman, after several hours of investigation by the sexual assault team. if i, as a male bodied person, speculated as you do, i would not call myself a feminist, as i do. appreciate your gender privilege.
    In all honesty, this was more of an exercise in personal integrity on my part, as I was kind of demoralized by all the "sand kicking" on this board, and felt myself being pulled in that direction as well. I was home with the flu - time on my hands! I'm not clear on what you were trying to say in that last part regarding being a feminist - you? Or me? For the record, I try hard not to identify as an "ist" or with an "ism" - but whatever you meant, I feel it was well intentioned. Thank you rossmen!

49. TopTop #59

Thank you, Victoria. That was an admirable and courageous thing to do.

I had thought of this scenario myself, but hesitated to write about it. What brought me there was trying to imagine someone leaving his own apartment in his underwear carrying a cell phone, and walking a couple of blocks like that. Under what circumstances would someone do such a thing? I could imagine someone going to someone's house and undressing outside, though even this was a stretch, and his clothes would have been found. But leaving his home in his underwear? Maybe there are drugs that might make you liable to do something that is such a violation of a societal taboo, but he is not reported to have appeared intoxicated. So I started wondering where else his clothes might be, and the likeliest place seemed to be inside the woman's apartment. I also wondered how he knew which was her bedroom window without having been inside.

Not saying it is so, but if you lay aside all prejudice and just look at the circumstances and do not give one side more credibility than the other, I have to say that it is in my book more believable than the other.

Patrick Brinton

And this is why:
    Efren was inside the woman's apartment. In fact, he and she had just spent the evening together. As he's getting dressed, he catches her with his cellphone. Perhaps in fun, or perhaps a "tiff" ensued, but she tosses it out her front door into the hallway - "if you want your phone, there it is!" He makes a dash for his phone and she closes the door behind him. Then the conundrum. Realizing the gravity of the situation - there is now a half naked, inebriated man who just happens to be Supervisor Carillo - out in the hallway. Surely the neighbors are peering through their peepholes by now! She panics - she can't open the door to let him in or throw him his clothes because their prying eyes would seal her fate as she joins the ranks of the Monicas, Fawns, etc... He makes his way outside to her bedroom window, hoping to be able to get back in. She panics - somebody has surely seen him by now. She's all about saving face at this point. She tells him through the blinds to leave and go home. He can't - he's half dressed, inebriated. The problem needs to go away. Panic. She calls 911. What's taking them so long! He makes his way to her front door again. Surely the neighbors have been watching! Panic. She calls 911 a second time. He stumbles out of the building...

50. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

51. TopTop #60
    Victoria Street

Thank you for your thoughtful response, Patrick! But who knows? Perhaps it was the Butler... In the lLibrary... With a Candlestick! ( Now I'm dating myself...) It was my understanding that he was indeed intoxicated when the paddy wagon showed up. Probably just my over active imagination again...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post

Thank you, Victoria. That was an admirable and courageous thing to do.

52. Gratitude expressed by: