Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1

Carrillo's affliction...

This letter was published today (9/15/13) in the Press Democrat. For those of you who may have missed it...

I’ve read a lot about the lack of compassion for Efren Carrillo considering all that he’s done for Sonoma County as 5th District Supervisor. But, having friends who’ve successfully gone through rehab and some who haven’t, I have to agree that someone with those issues deserves all the support they can get. Because those friends I speak of? I know their fight. I’ve seen them come back from the dregs of life to have families and hold down a job. I’ve attended the funerals of others. They experienced the fight of their lives and it took everything they had to get to a point where the battle only continues. It’s the support of loved ones that makes survival possible.

So, for those who speak of compassion, I would suggest you urge Mr. Carrillo to resign and focus his efforts on defeating his demons. Because the desperate fight politicians (and their handlers) wage to maintain their place in the power game is as all-consuming and can only distract Mr. Carrillo from overcoming his afflictions, if he truly wishes to do so.

Efren Carrillo needs to resign now, for himself and for Sonoma County regardless of what happens in the courtroom.

If I may - Though Mr. Carrillo may deserve a certain amount of compassion considering his affliction with drugs and issues with women, I have seen nothing regarding the compassion for his victim. This woman and what she went through has been conveniently forgotten by Mr. Carrillo's supporters. It is a very sad commentary on society when people ask that we dismiss Mr. Carrillo's "mistake" and "move forward". In other words, this should be acceptable behavior by an elected official.

Give this guy a second chance? THIS IS his second chance. And he blew it. The decisions this young man has made are nothing less than that of a common thug. He is not worthy of our support. He is not worthy of the seat he was voted into and, as the letter above states, he needs to resign "regardless of what happens in the courtroom".
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: