Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Serious trouble taking care of a dear companion animal? Here's help!

1. The new nonprofit Pet Food Stamps: This New York-based organization is not affiliated with the government, and runs completely on donations, providing free pet food to families who can prove they’re already receiving state benefits. Their goal is as ambitious as it is simple: to help families who might otherwise have to surrender their cat or dog to a shelter, and prevent pets who can’t be re-homed from being euthanized.
    Read more: https://www.care2.com/causes/cant-af...#ixzz2eAnBeXr6
    2. If someone has become so ill or disabled that they can no longer care for a beloved cat, dog, other mammal or bird, fish or reptile, can't afford to pay for care and are afraid they'll have to find another home for the animal, I'll help with the animal's care on a volunteer basis. I spent five years as a pre-veterinary student at Texas A&M.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    hari

Re: Serious trouble taking care of a dear companion animal? Here's help!

Thank you! I'm giving this post a big fat hug!!!!!! Am hoping to get a dog soon, which will be trained as a service animal as I have an illness/am on disability. Being a dog's bff ;) and caregiver is - wow - both terrifying and exciting. I'm most nervous about if I have to go away, who can take her? But hopefully that will work itself out, and the love and commitment I can give her will outweigh whatever negatives there will be for her living with someone who's differently-abled. companion animals. Take care, Harriet

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post
    1. The new nonprofit Pet Food Stamps: This New York-based organization is not affiliated with the government, and runs completely on donations, providing free pet food to families who can prove they’re already receiving state benefits. Their goal is as ambitious as it is simple: to help families who might otherwise have to surrender their cat or dog to a shelter, and prevent pets who can’t be re-homed from being euthanized.
    Read more: https://www.care2.com/causes/cant-af...#ixzz2eAnBeXr6
    2. If someone has become so ill or disabled that they can no longer care for a beloved cat, dog, other mammal or bird, fish or reptile, can't afford to pay for care and are afraid they'll have to find another home for the animal, I'll help with the animal's care on a volunteer basis. I spent five years as a pre-veterinary student at Texas A&M.

4. TopTop #3
    Claire

Re: Serious trouble taking care of a dear companion animal? Here's help!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by hari: View Post
    I'm most nervous about if I have to go away, who can take her?
    Harriet, by law you can take your service dog with you just about anywhere.

5. Gratitude expressed by: