2) REPOSTING: Rental Posts to the Housing/Offices category and Services/Referrals Wanted posts (when you want to hire somebody) may be reposted weekly. Events may be reposted after 7 days if the event is less than 7 days away. All other posts may be reposted after 14 days. This applies across all categories (You may not repost to a different category any sooner).
When your post is eligible to be reposted, you will see a Re-post button at the bottom of your post when viewing your post on the website. This button will send your post back up to the top of list and send it out in the Daily Digest. Your post will remain active on the website for at least 90 days.
If there has been a public reply, you will not be able to repost using the repost button. Instead you can copy your original post and create a new thread and then paste it in.
Your post will remain active on the website for at least 30 days.
3) WHEN YOUR POST IS NO LONGER RELEVANT: (ie: your item was sold/picked up etc., your house is rented or your event has passed) you may delete your post (which deletes the thread), edit your post/title or reply to say that you item has been sold/rented or reply to your post. Please do not delete the thread if there are replies/comments on the thread that go beyond just inquiring about the original posting. See this thread for more info.
4) PUBLIC REPLIES: You are welcome to Reply Publicly to any post if you think it would be of interest to other members. Please use your discretion.
5) BE RESPECTFUL: You are welcome to disagree with someone but you may not attack them in any way, either publicly or privately. This includes slurs against population groups. One rule of thumb is that you should treat other members as if you are speaking in person with them. Also, any private email should remain private unless you have the author's permission to post it. If you receive inappropriate private email in response to your post on WaccoBB.net, please Contact Us.
6) DELETING POSTS: You may delete your post except if that post began the thread and there are replies from other people on the thread since deleting the first post deletes the whole thread. Also see guideline #2 above.
7) RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE. Any posts that are deemed inappropriate will be removed. Persistent failure to comply with these guidelines will result in having your posts require pre-approval or being banned from the system.
8) FORMATTING: Body text should be no larger than size 3. Do not use all caps or all underlined text. Smilies and formatting options should be used with discretion. Posts that are visually offensive may be modified or removed.
9) REAL ESTATE POSTINGS: Members may post their house for sale (For Sale by Owner) just as they may sell their other personal items. Please specify that you are the owner. Real Estate sales offered by Realtors are limited to properties of specific interest to our group including properties that are suitable for intentional communities, off-grid or of unique natural beauty). Other properties will be accepted with a $25 contribution for 2 posts. Contact Us for details.
Rental posting by anybody else besides the owner of the property is considered a commercial post and requires a commercial membership.
10) NEGATIVE TESTIMONIALS: While most transactions between members are quite satisfactory, there are going to be some that are not. Members are welcome to post public testimonials, both positive and negative, about business transactions. Before posting about a problem, please first try to resolve the issue directly with the business. Negative comments should be respectful, include specific details including the full real name of the person posting the testimonial.
Negative comments about private transactions (including listings in our For Sale category) should be directed to the Moderator. If a member has a pattern of problematic transactions, they will no longer be welcome here.
11) REFERRALS AND RECOMMENDATIONS: When posting a referral, review or recommendation you must disclose any financial or social interest you have with what/who you are recommending.
12) USERNAMES & PROFILES: Use only one username for your postings. The only exception to this is if you have business or other organization you may have a second username in the name of the organization for posting about the organization. All users are required to provide their real names when registering unless other arrangements have been made.
We heartily encourage everyone to use their own picture as an avatar and profile picture. Other choices may be any tasteful image you choose, but not a human being other than yourself.
13) USE OF EMAIL ADDRESSES: You may only use members' email addresses to respond to their public or private posting. Any unauthorized use of email addresses for any reason is strictly prohibited.
14) COMMERCIAL POSTING: We accept commercial postings from members with Commercial Memberships and who live/work within our service area. We do accept banner ads from Internet based businesses or other out of the area businesses. Please ContactUs if you have any questions.
15) TROLLS: If a member is judged to be a troll based on a review of their posts and people’s reactions, steps will be taken limit their access to board; Trolling will be identified by a consistent pattern of several criteria:
- Not supplying a real name (that can be verified)
- Frequent posting
- Post that engender irritated and emotional responses
- Posts that attack/question and are otherwise confrontational to other's point of view
- Hijacking discussions
- Post that baits and provoke other group members, often with the result of drawing them into fruitless argument